Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't Get a Name

01.13.2013 , 05:06 AM | #1
So I guess I can't create a new character cause every single name is taken. I mean coming up with off the wall crap. Whats the point in having surnames if we can't get a first name.

01.13.2013 , 05:10 AM | #2
Dont use a common name then

01.13.2013 , 05:13 AM | #3
Im not using common names. Heck I even did one called Sythen'a and it was all ready taken. I mean why not allow use to have same first name but not same last names just like in real life. It stupid that I have to take some retarded name I hate because nothing pass the name check.

01.13.2013 , 05:47 AM | #4
You might want to try names from another series, I've had some luck with names for a specific race from Babylon5 tv series, but names from books and mythology should work too, as long as they are not too mainstream.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

01.13.2013 , 06:05 AM | #5
once again im gonna reiterate how this can all be fixed if they went with an ID Number system, it worked with great sucess in Phantasy Star Online, honestly the name registration is dated and seriously needs to go, give us an ID# for each character we make and let us have whatever name we choose without restrictions...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

01.13.2013 , 06:27 AM | #6
Be creative, I just created four new characters after the latest patch without any big problems

01.13.2013 , 07:06 AM | #7
I do wish they could re-seed the random name generator or something. A lot of the names it comes up with are taken - not to mention I see a lot of repeats when I am cycling through.

01.13.2013 , 07:25 AM | #8
If only Bioware had some tool that could help you pick universe-consistent names....

Maybe like... A random name generator or something....

Now, granted, the RNG doesn't exclude already-taken names like it should. However, I've never had any problems making one or two letter variations of something given to me by the RNG. And the bonus: My names actually feel Star Warsy, rather than a cheap mimicry of some other universe (

If you're trying to copy some Star Wars name (Malak... Mallak... Mall'ak... M'llack....), yeah, you're going to have problems. Also, jerks like me will report you for violating the naming rules. If you're hoping to be the first clever soul to pick "Emochick" or "Skullsmasher" then I guess you're just out of luck. Or maybe you're in luck. Those names are lame anyway.

01.13.2013 , 07:43 AM | #9
Google "Star Wars Name Generator"

Generate a huge list and pick one you like.

Or you could try the in game generator and tweaking it into something that you like. Some of them sound lame, but with a few tweaks don't sound all that bad.

01.13.2013 , 07:46 AM | #10

Copy paste some of those and voila Sry for the big column, nasty ctrl c ctrl v.

I am lec Fortescue and I am happz with it. Especially with in-game font nicely covering the grave accent. Shame my name was stolen by a name squatter and i had to rename after transfers. That guy is not even playing.

Those "be creative" posts are so stupid... Sorry, I want to be able to identify myself with my character, not run around with a ridiculous name.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not? - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.