Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commando's are garbage in pvp

Lattervane
01.13.2013 , 02:22 AM | #1
Let me start off by saying that I love the Commando AC. Gunnery spec is fun and blasting away with an assault cannon brings me joy. That being said, Commando's are absolutely trash in pvp. No escape and relatively low survivability when compared to classes that bubble, have force speed, stealth, etc. Snipers and gunslingers do well in cover, as it actually provides them with various defense bonuses. Commando's just get jumped to and raped...hard, fast, and easily.

I beg of you bioware, fix this class. How can you give so many other AC's so much utility and survability and then dump all over Commando's and Merc's. Seriousy...get it together for this class soon. It's sickening.

klham
01.13.2013 , 03:56 AM | #2
Commandos exist to enable smash monkeys to leap across hazards, change their z-axis, or jump instantly to the node/objective/goal-line. We also help them with their damage scores and kill numbers, and often hand the node over to them in a gift box without ever firing a shot. It's a new concept in class design.

ladwar
01.13.2013 , 04:39 PM | #3
wow... learn to play. first is u run gunnery tree u can instanta cast advance med probe with 5 stacks of charged barrel which isn't hard to get, plus u get bonus healing in that tree if u choose to, plus u get added DR from charged barrier(i think thats what it's called might be wrong) i don't like the root but its there if u want it. In the assualt tree u reduce ur cd on your shield with damage and crits reduce ur adrenden rush cd, also in the tree u can add to your DR.
In both trees if you chose u can add slow to different moves.
i have no problem beating any other class, yes some are harder then others but gunslingers in cover are easy pickings, u have moiblity over them. use los sticky and if ur using assualy dot them and assault plastic with gunnery sticky get a few gav rounds out and smash em with demo round and HiB and remember you can heal they can't.

mara are fun, even more when then leap on me knock back and beat on em, it all comes down to dps and u can beat them.
the shadow/assa stealthers are harder but it takes a bit of skill and some luck with one on ones and u can beat them.

scoundrel/ operations lol never hard to beat, oh u poisoned me, cleanse gone. oh that dodge thing is 3sec long so sticky and demo round if both are on cd expolsive round.

sage/sorc that bubble is annoying but don't waste ur hardest ur hits on the bubble and u should be fine.

juggs/guardians mostly the same as mara/sents but i usually save my cryo for them if the releap to me

vanguards.. not fun but range is ur friend here as a dps spec van only has a pull and its 45sec long 30sec if speced into.

DariusCalera
01.13.2013 , 05:56 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ladwar View Post
wow... learn to play. first is u run gunnery tree u can instanta cast advance med probe with 5 stacks of charged barrel which isn't hard to get, plus u get bonus healing in that tree if u choose to, plus u get added DR from charged barrier(i think thats what it's called might be wrong) i don't like the root but its there if u want it. In the assualt tree u reduce ur cd on your shield with damage and crits reduce ur adrenden rush cd, also in the tree u can add to your DR.
i have no problem beating any other class, yes some are harder then others but gunslingers in cover are easy pickings, u have moiblity over them. use los sticky and if ur using assualy dot them and assault plastic with gunnery sticky get a few gav rounds out and smash em with demo round and HiB and remember you can heal they can't.

mara are fun, even more when then leap on me knock back and beat on em, it all comes down to dps and u can beat them.
the shadow/assa stealthers are harder but it takes a bit of skill and some luck with one on ones and u can beat them.

scoundrel/ operations lol never hard to beat, oh u poisoned me, cleanse gone. oh that dodge thing is 3sec long so sticky and demo round if both are on cd expolsive round.

sage/sorc that bubble is annoying but don't waste ur hardest ur hits on the bubble and u should be fine.

juggs/guardians mostly the same as mara/sents but i usually save my cryo for them if the releap to me

vanguards.. not fun but range is ur friend here as a dps spec van only has a pull and its 45sec long 30sec if speced into.
Against any competent opponent you aren't going to get 5 stacks of Charged Barrel unless you managed to get them before going into the fight. Even then, an AMP might give you 3K healing, if it crits, which usually isn't enough to save you.

To get the full benefit of either Demo Round or HiB you are going to need to get off 3 Grav Rounds which, like I said, against any competent player you aren't going to do. Same goes for the 5% Damage Reduction with Charged Barrel. Against a decent smasher that can get between 5-6K crits, you just saved 250-300HP. While better than nothing, it's still not going to really save you.

Maras/Sents: No, you aren't going to beat them in a burst race. They have more ways to shut you, and your damage, down than you have to keep them at range.

Shadows/Assasins: Same as above.

Sage/Sorc: You break about even with them.

Guardians/Juggs: A little bit easier then Maras/Sents but you have the same problem. They have more ways to shut down your damage than you have in getting it out.

VG/Pyro: If you manage to stay at range, you have a bit of a chance. If they get their pull off, you are going to eat a cryo grenade, ion pulse, Demo Charge which will be followed by a HiB so it and the charge do damage at the same time. There might even be an IR thrown in there just for good measure. You have just taken 10k, or more, worth of damage before you got your Concussion Charge off.

Sure, you can LoS but that works both ways. You break their LoS and you buy yourself a few seconds to heal up a bit but at the same time, you have given them time to reclose the gap. Against any class except for the sage/sorc you are not going to win a burst DPS race.

Furiel
01.14.2013 , 10:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
Against any competent opponent you aren't going to get 5 stacks of Charged Barrel unless you managed to get them before going into the fight. Even then, an AMP might give you 3K healing, if it crits, which usually isn't enough to save you.

To get the full benefit of either Demo Round or HiB you are going to need to get off 3 Grav Rounds which, like I said, against any competent player you aren't going to do. Same goes for the 5% Damage Reduction with Charged Barrel. Against a decent smasher that can get between 5-6K crits, you just saved 250-300HP. While better than nothing, it's still not going to really save you.

Maras/Sents: No, you aren't going to beat them in a burst race. They have more ways to shut you, and your damage, down than you have to keep them at range.

Guardians/Juggs: A little bit easier then Maras/Sents but you have the same problem. They have more ways to shut down your damage than you have in getting it out.

VG/Pyro: If you manage to stay at range, you have a bit of a chance. If they get their pull off, you are going to eat a cryo grenade, ion pulse, Demo Charge which will be followed by a HiB so it and the charge do damage at the same time. There might even be an IR thrown in there just for good measure. You have just taken 10k, or more, worth of damage before you got your Concussion Charge off.

Sure, you can LoS but that works both ways. You break their LoS and you buy yourself a few seconds to heal up a bit but at the same time, you have given them time to reclose the gap. Against any class except for the sage/sorc you are not going to win a burst DPS race.
But once we get our escape we will be fixed!!

Commando - the Sir Robin of warzones
Furiel Plush
Cardinal and Raid Coordinator of The Church of Alvis

ArchangelLBC
01.14.2013 , 03:41 PM | #6

This from he of the 5k grav rounds and 7k HiB? Sorry dude but you have no PVP credibility.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

ladwar
01.14.2013 , 04:24 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Furiel View Post
But once we get our escape we will be fixed!!

Commando - the Sir Robin of warzones
we like other classes and its the same cooldown. i think u just don't use or know what it is. btw its called Tenacity

ladwar
01.14.2013 , 04:40 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post

your point view, but w/e. i usually end up having 5 stacks of charged barrel most of the warzone, but im guessing u rush in to stockstrike juggs/maras and get owned or making a rage post becuase u are a jugg and mad that commandos stand a pretty fair chance at beating you.

btw for classes that shutdown with stuns resolve is ur friend and countless time i beaten assasins/shadows/mara/sent on a full resolve bar, it all bout using ur cc breaker at the right time.

my post is saying that commando do stand up fairly well aganst similar geared classes on 1on1s and if u can't see that then don't play a commando as u will never make a good commando.
there are some classes that do better aganst other classes, but it usally comes down to skill with a bit of gearing in pvp not ur playing the wrong class.

DariusCalera
01.14.2013 , 05:41 PM | #9
your point view, but w/e. i usually end up having 5 stacks of charged barrel most of the warzone, but im guessing u rush in to stockstrike juggs/maras and get owned or making a rage post becuase u are a jugg and mad that commandos stand a pretty fair chance at beating you.

btw for classes that shutdown with stuns resolve is ur friend and countless time i beaten assasins/shadows/mara/sent on a full resolve bar, it all bout using ur cc breaker at the right time.

my post is saying that commando do stand up fairly well aganst similar geared classes on 1on1s and if u can't see that then don't play a commando as u will never make a good commando.
there are some classes that do better aganst other classes, but it usally comes down to skill with a bit of gearing in pvp not ur playing the wrong class.
Stop playing bads then. Which they are if they're letting you free cast.

There is not a single commando on these threads that will say that, given equal gear and skill, a commando stands a chance against anything besides another commando or a sorc in a 1 on 1 fight.

oaceen
01.15.2013 , 01:58 AM | #10
are you from the future or the past?

i'm hoping it's the future, but you are certainly not posting from the present.