Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lego CUUSOO Star Wars

Cornwaille
01.12.2013 , 03:25 PM | #1
Hi,

I have played SWTOR for a year now, and it has dragged me back into the Star Wars hobby. As part of it I started collecting the LEGO Star Wars starfighter models. In the current series the Empire only has the basic TIE fighter available.

There is a website run by LEGO called CUUSOO. If a design gets 10,000 supports by people, LEGO may produce them as a kit. I have designed a couple of Star Wars starfighters there, the TIE Advanced/Avenger and the TIE Defender, and others have designed a lot more awesome Star Wars vehicles.

My designs are here:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/33270

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/33269

I have links to designs for the TIE Interceptor and Darth Vader's TIE Advanced on my pages.

Thanks to anyone who supports these designs!

Hiramas
01.12.2013 , 03:35 PM | #2
There is a Defender out there, as far as i know.
I myself own only the Interceptor, but I love that model.
Republic Jedi Guardian - former RP-PVP Jen'Jidal
Can you please give us Server Transfers, so I can get back to a RP Server? Thanks.

Cornwaille
01.12.2013 , 03:48 PM | #3
The Lego Defender and Interceptor you are referring to is from the old Lego Star Wars Starfighter series, and do not fit in with the current (2010+) range, which are all slightly larger and much more detailed. I considered getting the old defender at one point, but it would just seem odd sitting next to the new ones.

Lego has updated the X Wing, TIE Fighter, Y Wing, Slave 1, Imperial Shuttle, Snowspeeder and just recently the A Wing.

I am working on a TIE Bomber design at the moment.

MenollyWanderer
01.12.2013 , 05:18 PM | #4
Very nice models. It took a barrage of questioning to sign up but its worth it. I supported you and the other guys models you had links to. I would love to see these in a set. Are there any SWTOR models on CUUSOO? Have you thought of making one yourself?

Cornwaille
01.12.2013 , 05:24 PM | #5
Thank you! Lego has made a couple of SWTOR models now, the Sith Fury and a Jedi Starfighter. This year they are doing some troop packs with a speeder and the Jedi Defender I think.

Someone who has been supporting one of my designs and giving me helpful comments to improve the TIE Avenger has designed a Sith Starfighter from KOTOR:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/29643

Thanks again for your support!

TheBBP
01.12.2013 , 05:30 PM | #6
Nice man. I supported you. I love Imperial craft.
Master No'ja Vace -The Ebon Hawk Server
Co-Leader, The Way of the Maker - Family style Christian guild.

TheBBP
01.12.2013 , 05:32 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Cornwaille View Post
Thank you! Lego has made a couple of SWTOR models now, the Sith Fury and a Jedi Starfighter. Next year they are doing some troop packs with a speeder and the Jedi Defender I think.

Someone who has been supporting one of my designs and giving me helpful comments to improve the TIE Avenger has designed a Sith Starfighter from KOTOR:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/29643

Thanks again for your support!
That one is sick as well.
Master No'ja Vace -The Ebon Hawk Server
Co-Leader, The Way of the Maker - Family style Christian guild.

Spiritinblack
01.12.2013 , 05:39 PM | #8
Ok.... My son, who is a collector of lego, likes these.

When I say a collector he can tell you the years they came out, how many pieces, what model number, blah blah blah, he is a serious collector.

He likes the way they look, and feels they would fit well, with alot of the other ships lego makes. ( Star wars and other sets).

So you have at least one person that will buy these... lol.
I have been called a hater for voicing my opinion. So be it. But I would rather die on my feet, then live on my knees.

fluttersniper
01.12.2013 , 06:23 PM | #9
Those are some sweet models OP!! You're making me want to reinstall TIE Fighter again though... As much as I prefer rebel craft like the T65 or A-wing, some of the crafts the Imps make are awesome, Tie Advanced and TIE Bomber are my personal faves.

I did buy a couple of those mini lego models of starwars ships for display on my PC desk, the ones that come in the little orbs that look like Star wars planets. I'm quite proud of the mini X-Wing on my desk .

Cornwaille
01.12.2013 , 06:34 PM | #10
Thank you for your support!

I have the hull of the TIE Bomber completed, but I need to sort out the wings, I want it to match the TIE Advanced of Darth Vader's that someone else has done, and need his permission to use his wings.

My girlfriend loves the little mini planets, and has a few of them. This year Lego is putting out a TIE Bomber in that set. The new A Wing in the same scale as my models is not very big so not very expensive if you want an A Wing.