Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How many people on this forum hate the Yuuzhan Vong?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How many people on this forum hate the Yuuzhan Vong?

Matteone
01.12.2013 , 08:19 PM | #11
I hate the bastards because they make Sidious look like a saint. They're so evil that I'd put every single one of them on one planet and then nuke it from space a la Korhal IV in Starcraft.

EDIT: Except for Vua Rapuung. He was the only good one.
He will ruin those who deny justice.

He will strengthen himself through pain.

Kaedusz
01.13.2013 , 04:30 AM | #12
the whole star wars lore and story in the movies and the events after the movies are soo bad ,the Vong included that its unbelivable.
To me real the real Star Wars is the old republic.I even hated the star wars franchise untill i played kotor.

Everything else beyond Bane,the vong included is a joke.

Dandune
01.13.2013 , 07:50 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
the whole star wars lore and story in the movies and the events after the movies are soo bad ,the Vong included that its unbelivable.
To me real the real Star Wars is the old republic.I even hated the star wars franchise untill i played kotor.

Everything else beyond Bane,the vong included is a joke.
Well, personally I grew up with the original trilogy so that plays an important role in my views. But also the original trilogy was the original idea by George Lucas which he expanded a bit in movies 1-3. The rest is just a product of other authors that was authorized by Lucas company but still not something Lucas would have done himself.

So technically, what you like is not real Star Wars but a copy based on original idea. Personally I like many books but when we talk about real Star Wars, here is part of George's quote from 2008:"...And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..." .

Rahak
01.15.2013 , 04:04 AM | #14
I didn't mind the concept itself of extra-galactic invaders.
Could have been handled a little differently though for the better.

Did set quite a tone for future novels though.
Kagekvinde

Thylbanus
01.18.2013 , 02:46 PM | #15
Can't say that I can. Back when I played the WEG P&P, I created an extra-galactic invader that was immune to the Force, too. That, and I love R. A. Salvatore.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson