Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Heats: Exar Kun vs Naga Sadow

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Heats: Exar Kun vs Naga Sadow

Maaruin
01.11.2013 , 07:30 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Good point, but Naga Sadow fled from his 'relatively' untrained apprentice. I don't consider Naga Sadow to be a warrior, but if it did come down to a duel, Exar Kun would win it.

Exar Kun is just an absolute powerhouse with the blade(not to mention his power in The Force).
(According to the Advanced Class Trainer for Sith Warriors in SWTOR, Naga Sadow developed a Marauder-like fighting style. So he is kind of a warrior.)

Of course, Exar Kun will win this duel. But a one-on-one seems more his way of doing things then simply blasting his enemy with his fleet.

And of course he will notice if Sadow tries the Supernova-thing and avoid it. (But it won't come to this, since it is against the rules.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Aurbere
01.11.2013 , 07:40 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
(According to the Advanced Class Trainer for Sith Warriors in SWTOR, Naga Sadow developed a Marauder-like fighting style. So he is kind of a warrior.)

Of course, Exar Kun will win this duel. But a one-on-one seems more his way of doing things then simply blasting his enemy with his fleet.

And of course he will notice if Sadow tries the Supernova-thing and avoid it. (But it won't come to this, since it is against the rules.)
I completely forgot about the advanced class trainer! Really, I consider a madness Sorceror more his style. His claim to fame(aside from the GHW) is his remarkable sorcery.

But anyway, Exar Kun would win the duel. I would go so far to say that he would win easily(but I won't go that far ).
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

StarSquirrel
01.11.2013 , 07:56 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I am surprised Traya actually won. On to the next!

Exar Kun wins. Easily.

All Exar Kun has to do is use his incredibly powerful Force Senses to locate Naga Sadow. Then he takes a fleet to wherever his meditation sphere is and then blow it to pieces. Simple.
Ha, since when are Kaggaths ever simple?

I agree though, Kun wins. The biggest and most obvious issue for Kun will be Sadow's army of illusions. The first part of the fight will be Kun getting put on the defensive as Sadow strikes first and hard, quickly punching holes in Kun's front lines and then, even after suffering massive casualties, his forces keep going. Kun will then grow curious as to how Sadow is reinforcing his troops so effectively. It won't take him long to realize the illusion at that point and Sadow's forces will fall apart as Kuns uses the knowledge to remove Sadow's greatest asset. Kun, just to illustrate his superiority, will 1v1 Sadow which will be the most lopsided part of this fight with Sadow losing his head (literally) or being overpowered by Kun's superior force strength.

If Sadow had even the slightest chance, it would be attacking so fast while Kun is near the front lines that he can encircle and just overwhelm Kun before his illusions are found out. Even then I find it unlikely. The allies will likely not play a part in this fight. They're more like battlefield generals and can't even hope to face either of the main combatants. As for fighting against each other, Ulic wins by superior training/experience giving another point to Kun.

Easiest match to call yet Beni, (even though I'm a huge Sadow fan), next!
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Beniboybling
01.12.2013 , 04:14 AM | #24
Everyone makes good points, apart from Aubere who's point is fatally flawed.

Exar Kun could feasibly use his powers in Force sense to find Naga Sadow (was he actually able to do that? Are there any accounts when he did something like that?) but Sadow being a powerful Sith Sorcerer could easily hide his presence using force concealment. And even if Kun did find him, Sadow would not only have a sizeable fleet protecting him but would be able to either see the incoming attack through a force vision, or simply sense Kun's approaching presence. So he could just jump to hyperspace at the last moment and leave Kun with a fleet to contend with.

Or he could use Kun's power to his advantage, allow himself to be found and then leave a trap for Kun e.g. an ambush which could result in Kun's death if his fleet is overwhelmed.

And in terms of Force illusions, it gives Sadow an edge in more ways than just larger numbers. He can use the illusions to distract other forces, conceal his real numbers or as some of you mentioned to distract fighters from the real threat, the illusions will severly weaken the effectiveness of Kun's battle machine. But yes, much like in the Great Hyperspace War, once Kun discovers they are illusions, the advantage will be lost.

Question, how does Kun's arm match up with Sadow's in terms of numbers?

Canino
01.12.2013 , 05:16 AM | #25
Does Naga Sadow get the Sadow'een? Or their battle droids. Both worked for Sadow when he ruled.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Beniboybling
01.12.2013 , 05:55 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
Does Naga Sadow get the Sadow'een? Or their battle droids. Both worked for Sadow when he ruled.
Yes he does, he basically has everyone. No one needed to be excluded.

Aurbere
01.12.2013 , 11:05 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Everyone makes good points, apart from Aubere who's point is fatally flawed.

Exar Kun could feasibly use his powers in Force sense to find Naga Sadow (was he actually able to do that? Are there any accounts when he did something like that?) but Sadow being a powerful Sith Sorcerer could easily hide his presence using force concealment. And even if Kun did find him, Sadow would not only have a sizeable fleet protecting him but would be able to either see the incoming attack through a force vision, or simply sense Kun's approaching presence. So he could just jump to hyperspace at the last moment and leave Kun with a fleet to contend with.

Or he could use Kun's power to his advantage, allow himself to be found and then leave a trap for Kun e.g. an ambush which could result in Kun's death if his fleet is overwhelmed.

And in terms of Force illusions, it gives Sadow an edge in more ways than just larger numbers. He can use the illusions to distract other forces, conceal his real numbers or as some of you mentioned to distract fighters from the real threat, the illusions will severly weaken the effectiveness of Kun's battle machine. But yes, much like in the Great Hyperspace War, once Kun discovers they are illusions, the advantage will be lost.

Question, how does Kun's arm match up with Sadow's in terms of numbers?
Exar Kun has done that before. Remember how he found Ulic Qel-Droma? Naga Sadow's Dark energies would act as a beacon for Kun's senses.

Naga Sadow would be too busy directing the battles to actually feel Exar Kun coming. He never saw Gav Daragon coming, and the surprise of Daragon's attack made him lose concentration.

Kun knows about these illusions. He studied Naga Sadow's teachings and learned about Sith Sorcery. Not to mention Kun's Massassi won't be affected by these illusions(their minds are too simple to be affected by Battle Meditation).

Kun basically has what Naga Sadow has and what he can make. Millions of Krath, hordes of Massassi, millions of Krath War Droids, and the Mandalorians(makes sense to add in the Mandalorians since Ulic is apart of this battle).
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Bird_of_Thunder
01.12.2013 , 01:51 PM | #28
I'm a huge Exar Kun fan. I haven't been involved in the last 2 maybe 3 rounds of the Kaggath series. So here's my contribution:

Naga Sadow:
Sadow relied on his meditation sphere mainly. He hovered above one planet and used the Force to create illusions and direct troops throughout the galaxy. He once demonstrated the power to manipulate solar activity, causing an unstable star to explode. The illusions were simply illusions, and Kun's forces are fighting alongside real Sith monstrosities, so I doubt they'd fear Sadow's illusions. Sadow's forces consisted of almost all Sith, giving him less diversity and not many different talents to use.
Ally: Gav Daragon
Gav was taught many Sith magics by Naga Sadow, and had a strong Force sensitivity. Although he didn't have any unique powers, he also never recieved formal Jedi training. Eventually he realized how terrible Sadow's empire was.

Exar Kun:
Kun was trained as a Jedi by Vodo Siosk-Bass, and was quite proficient with a lightsaber. Him and his ally, Ulic Qel-Droma, were (in a sense) the progenitors of Revan and Malak. If Qel-Droma hadn't betrayed Kun, the Brotherhood of the Sith might've won the war. Kun was also well-versed in Sith sorcery, and found it fascinating. He commanded a lare and diverse army, consisting of the Krath, Dark Jedi, Mandalorians, and Massassi. He was an incredibly capable duelist as well as an good strategist.
Ally: Ulic Qel-Droma
Also a former Jedi, Qel-Droma eventually became a warlord of the Empress Teta System. Trained by Jedi Master Arca Jeth, Qel-Droma fought alongside the Beast Riders of Onderon against the Royal Family in order to banish Freedon Nadd's ghost. He succeeded in the endeavor, and learned of the Krath. He infiltrated the cult, but was eventually turned. As a warlord of the Krath, Ulic met and fought Exar Kun, a Dark Jedi. The duel ended in a draw, with the two of even lightsaber prowess. The two formed the Brotherhood of the Sith, and fought a war against the Republic and the Jedi that might've succeeded if Qel-Drom hadn't abandoned Kun and returned to the Jedi after he killed his brother Cay, and had his Force powers severed by Nomi Sunrider. Ulic was proficient in the Force and hand-to-hand combat. He was a voracious learner and powerful Sith sorcerer until his Force-connection was severed.

Conclusion: All Kun would have to do is destroy Sadow's meditation sphere, granting an easy win. That, or Kun could defeat Sadow in a duel while Ulic Qel-Droma took down Gav Daragon. Kun's forces are more diverse and have more differing talents that could render Sadow's tactics nearly-useless
Darth Ravvok
Carnage Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Segastorm
01.12.2013 , 01:55 PM | #29
Not to mention what could happen if Kun found out about Gav's sister....

Bird_of_Thunder
01.12.2013 , 01:58 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Segastorm View Post
Not to mention what could happen if Kun found out about Gav's sister....
that would possibly give Kun another powerful ally; one with knowledge about the location of Sadow's sphere.

Kun could extort Daragon by capturing his sister and torturin her until Gav joined Kun's forces
Darth Ravvok
Carnage Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>