Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Heats: Exar Kun vs Naga Sadow

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Heats: Exar Kun vs Naga Sadow

MasterMe
01.11.2013 , 06:45 PM | #11
HECK YEAH!!! I'm 5/5 on the Kaggath tournement so far! I called 'em all correct!!
*flexs debate muscles*

Aurbere
01.11.2013 , 06:50 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Hmm, is there the possibility that Sadow's forces didn't see the illusions? Because if that's the case, even a single warrior might kill an entire army, while everyone is busy fighting illusions.

Also, if the illusions work on all senses, you fill feel injured when the illusions appear to injure you. This will decrease your fighting skills and a real warrior is even more likely to finish you off.
I believe you are right there.

An interesting thing to note is that these illusions won't affect Kun's Massassi Warriors. Naga Sadow won't be able to affect the minds of these creatures(because their minds are far to simple), so the Massassi Warriors will be tearing up Naga Sadow's real forces.

Not that the actual battle matters. Exar Kun can just use his Force Sense to locate Naga Sadow and blow him and his meditation sphere into space dust.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

MasterMe
01.11.2013 , 06:50 PM | #13
I agree with most everyone so far concerning this Kaggath. Exar Kun FTW. Here's why:

1. Kun seems to be a better duelist.

2. His army is extremely lethal in that it is very large AND it is a hybrid of all kinds of different stuff. Massassi, Krath, Dark Jedi, beasts. Kun's army is just better then Sadow's.

Warren-Stride
01.11.2013 , 06:56 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
By simply gesturing with one's hands, a magician could create whatever manifestations she desired. As an application of the dark side, sorcerers tended to create hideous forms of serpents and other creatures to torment victims. Playing on all the victim's senses, the illusion could seemingly attack individuals, should they actually believe the apparition to be real
Looking at the underlined/bolded words in that I still seriously doubt the illusions were actually real, physical beings. Or even physical in the victim's mind.

How I'm reading this is: The illusions seems real due to the manipulation of senses. They torment the victim in their own mind. It seems like they attack the victim, but it's all in their head. And even then, they have to think they're real.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Warren-Stride
01.11.2013 , 06:59 PM | #15
The following comes from wookieepedia:

Playing on all the victim's senses, the illusion could seemingly attack individuals, should they actually believe the apparition to be real.
OMG.

If Exar Kun knows of Naga Sadow's abilities, which he undoubtably will, or he'll find out soon, and then he tells the troops the enemy Dark Lord's secret... no one will believe in the illusions and then POOF they'll all be gone.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Aurbere
01.11.2013 , 07:09 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Looking at the underlined/bolded words in that I still seriously doubt the illusions were actually real, physical beings. Or even physical in the victim's mind.

How I'm reading this is: The illusions seems real due to the manipulation of senses. They torment the victim in their own mind. It seems like they attack the victim, but it's all in their head. And even then, they have to think they're real.
They were real in a way. Should victims of the Sorceror's Dark powers believe the visions are real, then they are real. Their mind plays tricks on them. When the illusion's weapon meets with the victim's body, their mind and body create the illusion of pain. The pain that the mind creates could severely cripple or even kill the victim. But if the victim is capable of seeing through the vision, then the vision disappears, but even one of the wisest Jedi of all time could not see through these visions.

The thing about Naga Sadow's strategy with these visions was that he didn't just make them appear right in front of the Republic. He made the illusion that they were coming down in large shuttles from looming warships. It created the illusion that these illusions were real.

(Complex yes?)
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Segastorm
01.11.2013 , 07:10 PM | #17
In concern with the illusions.
Let's say someone hallucinates, they see things and think things are happening to them. If the hallucination is stong enough, it doesn't matter whether or not you know they're hallucinations, they still make you think things are happening to them.

Sadow's illusions are the same way, for most, it won't matter if they know, they're still horrified and with real troops in the mix, they won't be able to tell which are which. Only the really strong willed people who know Naga Sadow has illusions could resist them. (In this case, Kun,Ulic, and a few other guys)

in concern with the Kaggath, it all really comes down to how soon Kun finds out about Sadow's illusions, if at all.

Aurbere
01.11.2013 , 07:11 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
OMG.

If Exar Kun knows of Naga Sadow's abilities, which he undoubtably will, or he'll find out soon, and then he tells the troops the enemy Dark Lord's secret... no one will believe in the illusions and then POOF they'll all be gone.
Exactly. Exar Kun studied Naga Sadow's teachings and thus gained a knowledge of ith Sorcery. Someone with the proper knowledge can make the illusions vanish.

But I don't see this coming to an actual battle. I think Exar Kun will just take a fleet right to Sadow's sphere and turn him into space dust.

Maaruin
01.11.2013 , 07:14 PM | #19
Exactly. Exar Kun studied Naga Sadow's teachings and thus gained a knowledge of ith Sorcery. Someone with the proper knowledge can make the illusions vanish.

But I don't see this coming to an actual battle. I think Exar Kun will just take a fleet right to Sadow's sphere and turn him into space dust.
Wouldn't Exar Kun try to board the sphere and duel Naga Sadow to gain insight in some more of his secrets?
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Aurbere
01.11.2013 , 07:23 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Wouldn't Exar Kun try to board the sphere and duel Naga Sadow to gain insight in some more of his secrets?
Good point, but Naga Sadow fled from his 'relatively' untrained apprentice. I don't consider Naga Sadow to be a warrior, but if it did come down to a duel, Exar Kun would win it.

Exar Kun is just an absolute powerhouse with the blade(not to mention his power in The Force).