Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Heats: Exar Kun vs Naga Sadow

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Heats: Exar Kun vs Naga Sadow

Beniboybling
01.11.2013 , 05:45 PM | #1
“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 6: Exar Kun vs Naga Sadow

Welcome to the sixth and final heat of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’. A competition pitting the power bases of the iconic Star Wars characters seen in the ‘Kaggath vs Series’ against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza.

The last battle, Darth Plagueis vs Darth Traya, was the ultimate duel of guile and deception, by with a legion of assassins trained for that exact purpose, Traya emerged triumphant. But onto round six.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s go over the ground rules again:

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers apart from those listed below. This excludes allies of the era, i.e. the Keto family, Mandalore the Indomitable.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • Both combatants are aware of the others identity and appearance.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • No superweapons e.g. Supernova.
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.

Permitted Allies:

Exar Kun: Ulic Qel-Droma

Naga Sadow: Gav Daragon

So, the combatants: Exar Kun was a fallen Jedi and Dark Lord of the Sith, exceptionally skilled with the lightsaber and the Force. Naga Sadow too was a Dark Lord of the Sith, ambitious, ruthless, intelligent and manipulative. He was an accomplished Sith sorcerer and master of generation Force illusions.

Exar Kun had the strength of his personal Sith Empire which included an army of Massassi warriors, Krath, dark Jedi and Sith spawn. While Sadow commanded a similar makeup of Massassi warriors and Sith spawn of his ancient Sith Empire – led by their Sith masters. But when these two juggernauts of the Sith collide, who will win?

Let the Kaggath begin!

Aurbere
01.11.2013 , 05:50 PM | #2
I am surprised Traya actually won. On to the next!

Exar Kun wins. Easily.

All Exar Kun has to do is use his incredibly powerful Force Senses to locate Naga Sadow. Then he takes a fleet to wherever his meditation sphere is and then blow it to pieces. Simple.

Edit: And for the purpose of future battles, will Exar Kun have Mandalore the Indomitable?
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Maaruin
01.11.2013 , 06:13 PM | #3
Well, Exar Kun has pretty much everything Naga Sadow has + the Krath Cult + Mandalorians. Exar Kun is also familiar with Sith illusions. And one-on-one he seems to be the better duellist.

I agree that this one goes to Exar Kun. (And he will be the one to defeat Darth Traya in the next round.)

Edit: Do the other Mandalorian Warriors count as part of Exar Kun's powerbase?
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Warren-Stride
01.11.2013 , 06:16 PM | #4
I'm about to tear apart everything anybody has ever said regarding Naga Sadow's illusions.

From the SWTOR Encyclopedia, published in 2012:

"Sadow understood that fear of the dark side's creations could be just as useful as the actual monstrosities. He used a meditation sphere, a rare form of starship infused with Sith technology, to project illusions of terrifying monsters and endless armies into the minds of his enemies."

I knew those touchy-feely illusions were too good (or bad...) to be true.

Obviously we can see that the illusions Naga Sadow creates are only in the mind. Not physical. Whoever it was who said that they were, do you have evidence of that? Because reading that passage, I seriously doubt it.

And Exar Kun's troops aren't going to be scared of Sith Monstrosities. They're fighting along side them, after all....
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Airmo
01.11.2013 , 06:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I am surprised Traya actually won. On to the next!
I'm not. lol

Going to have to agree with most of the posts made already and go with Kun winning this.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Aurbere
01.11.2013 , 06:24 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I'm about to tear apart everything anybody has ever said regarding Naga Sadow's illusions.

From the SWTOR Encyclopedia, published in 2012:

"Sadow understood that fear of the dark side's creations could be just as useful as the actual monstrosities. He used a meditation sphere, a rare form of starship infused with Sith technology, to project illusions of terrifying monsters and endless armies into the minds of his enemies."

I knew those touchy-feely illusions were too good (or bad...) to be true.

Obviously we can see that the illusions Naga Sadow creates are only in the mind. Not physical. Whoever it was who said that they were, do you have evidence of that? Because reading that passage, I seriously doubt it.

And Exar Kun's troops aren't going to be scared of Sith Monstrosities. They're fighting along side them, after all....
No, the illusions weren't real. But they did kill people(evidenced by the massacre that was the Battle of Coruscant). When the illusions vanished, the tide changed dramatically.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Maaruin
01.11.2013 , 06:30 PM | #7
No, the illusions weren't real. But they did kill people(evidenced by the massacre that was the Battle of Coruscant). When the illusions vanished, the tide changed dramatically.
I'm not sure if it is necessary for them to kill to influence a battle significantly.

Imagine you are fighting one opponent, both equipped with melee weapons. Now add three other illusions of opponents, but you don't know who is your real enemy. The chances that the real one will kill you are a lot higher, because you will try to defend yourself against all of them.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Warren-Stride
01.11.2013 , 06:30 PM | #8
That makes no sense at all. I have no idea how it can be an illusion inside people's MINDS, but still kill them.

Maybe the massacre was because the Republic troops were overcome with fear and therefor didn't fight as well, allowing the real troops to do much more damage.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Aurbere
01.11.2013 , 06:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
That makes no sense at all. I have no idea how it can be an illusion inside people's MINDS, but still kill them.

Maybe the massacre was because the Republic troops were overcome with fear and therefor didn't fight as well, allowing the real troops to do much more damage.
The following comes from wookieepedia:

By simply gesturing with one's hands, a magician could create whatever manifestations she desired. As an application of the dark side, sorcerers tended to create hideous forms of serpents and other creatures to torment victims. Playing on all the victim's senses, the illusion could seemingly attack individuals, should they actually believe the apparition to be real. However, the illusion could be undone should the victim cease to believe it exists. The illusions could also be undone if the conjuring sorcerer is interrupted by a powerful light side attack.[16]

Best I could come up with right now.

Maaruin makes a good point, however I don't think the numbers of Sadow's real forces would allow that to happen.

Maaruin
01.11.2013 , 06:42 PM | #10
The following comes from wookieepedia:

By simply gesturing with one's hands, a magician could create whatever manifestations she desired. As an application of the dark side, sorcerers tended to create hideous forms of serpents and other creatures to torment victims. Playing on all the victim's senses, the illusion could seemingly attack individuals, should they actually believe the apparition to be real. However, the illusion could be undone should the victim cease to believe it exists. The illusions could also be undone if the conjuring sorcerer is interrupted by a powerful light side attack.[16]

Best I could come up with right now.

Maaruin makes a good point, however I don't think the numbers of Sadow's real forces would allow that to happen.
Hmm, is there the possibility that Sadow's forces didn't see the illusions? Because if that's the case, even a single warrior might kill an entire army, while everyone is busy fighting illusions.

Also, if the illusions work on all senses, you fill feel injured when the illusions appear to injure you. This will decrease your fighting skills and a real warrior is even more likely to finish you off.
-Ajunta Pall