Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What if there were a server WITHOUT the cartel market?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What if there were a server WITHOUT the cartel market?

DarkkChaos
01.11.2013 , 05:50 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
I would not change to a server without cartel market, it adds a little more fun to the game
Agreed!

I enjoy the extra bonus's that the market provide. We all had this game.....without the market for a long time - and I enjoy the game far more now, that I did before.
CTD...every 120 mins...since : 9/26/2012

Asuka
01.11.2013 , 06:23 PM | #32
It's never going to happen. The whole purpose is for BioWare to make money, gambling the main one next to subs.

ElitehunterDS
01.11.2013 , 06:26 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
Are you serious? Have you seen the amount of hatred the game has gotten for the F2P transition?
By the same guy who was hating on the game for 11 months? Big DEAL!
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

SentinelDranoel
01.11.2013 , 07:08 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
Are you serious? Have you seen the amount of hatred the game has gotten for the F2P transition?
This game has hatred for everything they do. You kind of get used to it.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix

Machine-Elf
01.11.2013 , 07:26 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
By the same guy who was hating on the game for 11 months? Big DEAL!
You must have me confused with someone else.

Chlomamf
01.11.2013 , 07:27 PM | #36
I love the Cartel Market, the Armor and weapons are awesome. Have you seen the Tac-HUD Sniper Rifle? It's the most epic-looking Sniper I've ever seen. And the Covert Ops Pilot Armor looks awesome, I love it.

Plus the Cartel Coins are good for saving millions on Legacy Unlocks.

Machine-Elf
01.11.2013 , 08:03 PM | #37
It's more than just a little ironic that this thread is receiving overwhelmingly negative feedback while, concurrently, there is another thread (right below this one) running strong called: "Gear from content, not from market!" that's been met with general agreement.

annabethchase
01.11.2013 , 08:12 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
This is a terrible idea. It would be a huge waste of money for Bioware to do, and it would be empty. I doubt more than a few people would care to play on it.
I'd absolutely do it because I'd know the population was paying what I did to participate. I'd know they cared enough to truly support the game.

But, I'd rather not see this option. The media would judge it harshly and heap bad press on them.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

annabethchase
01.11.2013 , 08:20 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumedus View Post
Further, its just not practical. There are arguably too many server types already and you want to spread it even thinner. How about a server for people who want add-ons and dual spec? A server with no romanceable options? Another server with no companions at all? A free for all pvp server? How about a server where everyone plays as Ortolan?
Well actually, if it was technically simple to do, I'd support that in general. Some of your suggestions are intentionally silly, but you could certainly come up with some servers that a lot of people would like to play on.

The two main changes we'd need would be adding cross server pvp and pve, at least within a group of servers to make the population big enough for que's.

The visible & que population then would esentially be the same as instances make it now.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Machine-Elf
01.11.2013 , 08:25 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
I'd absolutely do it because I'd know the population was paying what I did to participate. I'd know they cared enough to truly support the game.

But, I'd rather not see this option. The media would judge it harshly and heap bad press on them.
Sorry, but I don't see how something like this would equate to negative press for Bioware? If anything, they'd be hailed for trying something different. Especially since they don't actually NEED TO (F2P has been a resounding success).