HM Terror from Beyond buggy as hell

Running the HM Terror from Beyound last night with my guildies and the first boss had major bugs, pools weren't spawning, adds instantly materializing and massive lag.

As we all experienced it the lag must have been server side, and could possibly be the reason of the other bugs. This was on the Begeren Colony server, also I got kicked out of the game 3x and another guildie once due to the server being full. This is unacceptable when in the middle of a raid.

Also network lag spikes were affecting the operation, with my pings going from 30ms -> 12000ms, I verified my connection, even power cycled my router and modem, switched networks all to no avail. Usually I get a steady ping of between 30-60ms.

As of right now the mechanic heavy fights just cannot be done due to these bugs.

Hope no one else is experiencing this as it is a real pain to do any operation unless you vastly overgear it and can afford to miss the mechanics.

Most likely the lag caused the tank who was tanking the boss, to loose agro, and for the swarm debuff to fall off of him/her.

no-one complained about having lags, we had no lag problem

swarm debuff you mean Incubation? debuff that boss stacks on tank?

I guess you don't really know the mechanics, so let me explain them for you quickly.

First of all, mainboss gives a debuff called Incubation, this debuff is applied regularly on the target of the boss, which means that if tank loses aggro, a DPS can get this debuff. When the debuff runs out, adds will spawn, the amount is tied to the amount of debuff stacks the person who the debuff ran out had. This means that if a DPS gets aggro, gets two stacks before tank gets aggro back, two adds will spawn when the debuff on the DPS runs out.

The pools as well as the Jealous Male spawns at set times during the fight, those times are normally when tank has 7-8 stacks of the debuff, depending on how good/bad your tank is at holding aggro. You should make sure to switch tanks when the Jealous Male spawns, that means the red pool is there and you can have a DPS/Healer run into it and get all the adds when they spawn (which they do as soon as the debuffs on the tank that has Jealous Male runs out).

I guess your problem is that you have bad tanks that are slow at switching as well as are bad at gaining threat, both of these issues can be solved by either replacing your tanks or making them learn the fight and do this faster.

stacks of Incubation?

tanks should swap boss only when add appears, right?

as the guy above has wrote, no, swapping produces the adds, tanks only swap once the male arrives, if you swap prior to that or lose aggro then the adds will appear before the male and the red pool (red pool comes with male).

so basically only swap once Jealous Male arrives, not before.

slap any dps that over aggros, its their fault not the tanks. they have aggro dumps for a reason and should be using them on CD., and also controlling their dps.

We ran TFB HM as well last night and we had issues on Operator IX. We could not advance to the orange phase as the circle would never appear middle. So we would clear blue, prepare for orange, orange healer was staying middle, orange dps at console but nothing. Took 3-4 tries to get past this issue. :(

slap any dps that over aggros, its their fault not the tanks. they have aggro dumps for a reason and should be using them on CD., and also controlling their dps.

I disagree, DPS should be able to go full out if there is a good tank doing the job, I would recommend a shadow/assassin or a vanguard/powertech since the Guardian/Jugg threat generation is low. However unless the tank is a Guardian/Jugg the DPS should be able to go all out from the start with adrenals, bloodthirst, relics and what not, I have done it on both my Powertech and my Assassin in 16man raids and rarely have a problem with threat in the start. Sure the DPS should use their aggro drops, but you cannot focus on that since classes like Bounter Hunter/Troopers don't have it and they have a high DPS, the tank needs to do his job as well.

I always start with (on my assassin) Exotech Attack Adrenal, then pop Recklessness before my first force lightning and then overload saber for the 10% health that also provides a little threat boost, from that moment on my aggro is solid. My powertech is a slightly different story however I do normal pull rotation for high threat, then Explosive Fuel combined with Thermal Sensor Override as well as Vent Heat a little later. Taunt rotation is as normal with single target 10s into the fight when most offensive cooldowns is over and then AoE taunt 10s later.

Dps should NEVER have to slow their dps cause they will pull agro. Tanks that can't hold agro shouldn't be tanking, the way the taunt system works in this game makes it so even poorly skilled players should be able to hold agro by taunting correctly.

Dps should NEVER have to slow their dps cause they will pull agro. Tanks that can't hold agro shouldn't be tanking, the way the taunt system works in this game makes it so even poorly skilled players should be able to hold agro by taunting correctly.

For a fight like The Writhing Horror this is not entirely true, the enrage timer is 5:45 which for most groups unless Rakata geared easily doable with relaxed dps. This is one of the very few fights (and it's only the very first part) where a tank runs the danger of losing aggro that results in tank death or worse wipes. This is not always due to tank being just "bad". Even best geared tanks who know their rotation may not have sufficent threat ready for a group of 2k+ DPS'ers with their adrenalins and relics popped. And most importantly, it really is not necessary unless your tank has good dps numbers around 800-900 and has better array of abilities for holding thread like Jedi Shadow.

As a guardian I was experiencing this every now and then so another way of solving this for me was to use Might Hilt + Might Stim Since I'm full DG I don't need the +endurance + def bonus from fortitiude stim anyway.

Also you may be surprised at just how many dps'ers do not frequently use their threat dumps and how many tanks start with straight taunts and use Master Strikes without sufficent sunder stacks.

Edited by Ephesia