Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Market Update: January 10th, 2013

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cartel Market Update: January 10th, 2013
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
01.10.2013 , 02:20 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone,

Please discuss the Cartel Market Update: January 10th, 2013 blog in this thread!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Ilhares
01.10.2013 , 02:38 PM | #2
Slightly disappointed that there wasn't another wave of weapon models in this one (cartel pack), but that's okay, I realize stuff needs to be spread out a little. The inclusion of the Imperial uniform, though, means at some point I'm going to be spending far too many coins, and so will the roommate. It'll be rather nice to have a loyalist Imp with the entire crew in matching uniforms.

Side query: Any chance you guys could remove the blockage on vendoring cartel items? All the excess semi-worthless items aren't selling on the GTN and they're of no use other than eating up space, may as well let us get the handful of scrip a vendor will give in exchange.

BadOrb
01.10.2013 , 02:38 PM | #3
It's good to get a warning about when you are removing these life day items. Thank you. Now I'm wondering if the life day pack is worth it ? I have 1550 cc or so so I would have to buy 900 cc , worth it ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

dscount
01.10.2013 , 02:44 PM | #4
It would be really nice if you made to minor changes to things.

1) Provide a list of all the items in the package and classification of each. (Rare, Ultra Rare, etc) Right now Dulfy has a decent list, but not the classification on status. I was VERY Pissed when I got two banners in one pack and they are called "RARE" - Really? I disagree.

2) Allow us to sell these items to vendors if no longer wanted.
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

AMulls
01.10.2013 , 02:50 PM | #5
I'm confused. Aren't these things already in the game? Didn't those updates come in with the patch on Tuesday, Jan. 8?

Or am I missing something?

Ilhares
01.10.2013 , 02:59 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
It would be really nice if you made to minor changes to things.

1) Provide a list of all the items in the package and classification of each. (Rare, Ultra Rare, etc) Right now Dulfy has a decent list, but not the classification on status. I was VERY Pissed when I got two banners in one pack and they are called "RARE" - Really? I disagree.

2) Allow us to sell these items to vendors if no longer wanted.
Point 1: Though I haven't noticed any way to determine rare from 'ultra' rare, the color of the cartel symbol on the item is a reference to its rarity. They'd do well to change it from gold/silver/copper to something a little more distinctive, as their copper(or bronze, whatever!) and gold are a little close to each other on the palette.

Point 2: Yeah, that's long overdue.

Banners are fluff items that really service no purpose. They aren't even useful in the sense that the ball toss is, casual stupid fun. Yay. It's a rotating sign. So? This isn't something that should eat up a slot in a pack that costs real money. Nor should the vast majority of crafting materials that get tossed in there. Lorrdian gemstones? I get those on *every* treasure hunthing gemstone return. That's not rare, nor useful in most cases. If all the crafting mats from packs were *actual* rare mats (purple bordered, or tier 7+ materials), then we might be talking.

Durasturan
01.10.2013 , 02:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hello everyone,

Please discuss the Cartel Market Update: January 10th, 2013 blog in this thread!
Is this some kind of joke? No word on SGR, more info on RotHC, Ilum revamp, secret space project, 1.7, Cathar, server transfers or CTD bug, you you guys have enough time to make a post like this about stuff that's already in patch notes?

Your priorities, I see them.

BadOrb
01.10.2013 , 03:05 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Durasturan View Post
Is this some kind of joke? No word on SGR, more info on RotHC, Ilum revamp, secret space project, 1.7, Cathar, server transfers or CTD bug, you you guys have enough time to make a post like this about stuff that's already in patch notes?

This is helpful as it tells us when discounts are finishing and when the limited items are going to be taken out and that information wasn't in the patch notes. Maybe visit the suggestions box ? Not sure. I think that keeping us in the dark over when these are going to be removed would have been a bad idea myself.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

-Sirus-
01.10.2013 , 03:10 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Durasturan View Post

Yes. How dare they waste precious time writing a small article to let us know whats new and going away from the cartel market. They clearly must have wasted weeks of effort that could have gone into developing these other features and getting the info to us.

Sarcasm aside, writers and community team members wouldn't be working on feature development or bug fixes. So, an article like this doesn't slow anything down. As for letting us know more about upcoming features, I'm sure there is a higher up somewhere that has give the OK to dish out any new info. Such info will likely be spoon fed out just slow enough to keep the community interested while saving the surprise factor for later. For all we know, there might even be articles and promotional videos complete or nearly complete just waiting for someone to give the go ahead to let us see them.

Kellorion
01.10.2013 , 03:19 PM | #10
Please update it so that the mats we get in packs have a higher chance for being for the crew skills that the buyer and/or the opener actually use.

Add a vendor for those that want to switch the old gear for the new unintentional look - Revan, Phanton, etc - and vice versa. So those that want each can have them.

A way to earn them, Cartel Coins, in game would be great, like maybe trade daily comms/bh for some.

Please make it so the gear sets have all parts: helm, chest, legs, boots, bracers, belt.

Companion gifts and banners should not count a super rare.

For subs, please add into the ledger when we get our monthly allotment.

Make the gear sets sellable to vendors and also Bind on Legacy.
Lashon Orion'Nuruodo Tiran-Ori Ken
Eagerly waiting for Cathar, Cereans, Natoluans, Nikto, Togruta's, Voss & Weequay.
I got a bad feeling about this.....post.