Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are &@!% kidding me

Jepplen
01.10.2013 , 12:40 AM | #1
They reduced the Heroic space mission reward from 12.500 to 1.616 Credits per mission?

Look, the Heroic space missions are INSANELY DIFFICULT even if you have all the new grade 7 upgrades.

Ok to make people who don't know, understand..
Here's a scale, a difficulty scale if you will.
1 - 10 Where 1 is the easiest and 10 i the hardest

1- Normal Levelling
2-
3- Normal Flashpoint
4-
5- Hardmode Flashpoint
6-
7- Operations
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
17- Heroic Space Missions

See! It's even off the scale this one is, how friggin difficult is THAT??

So why would you reduce the credit rewards for this? It's not like we are getting any nice items, we get stupid Fleet Commendations worth NOTHING when you're fully upgraded in your ship.
Is that the Space Mission ENDGAME.. NOTHING?!

How about you put your coders and designers to work and come up with a REAL end game for Space.
I love the space missions, but there could be sooo much more in it and to be frank, right now, there are nothing in it.

Space Mission CO-OP, Grouping what have you, it doens't matter SOMETHING is better than NOTHING.

/off

TalkingDinosaur
01.10.2013 , 12:43 AM | #2
I think they reduced the credits of completing the mission without the daily. So if you run it without the daily/weekly you'll only get 1k credits thus preventing people from farming the mission if they already have T7 parts. (Like me.)

Though my weekly hasn't reset yet so I'll have to get back to you on that.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Jepplen
01.10.2013 , 12:46 AM | #3
I see, that makes sense actually.
Damn it!

Still, for the difficulty of the missions the reward should be higher than a measly 12k.

Fornix
01.10.2013 , 01:51 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jepplen View Post
I see, that makes sense actually.
Damn it!

Still, for the difficulty of the missions the reward should be higher than a measly 12k.
The problem is that they're not all too difficult, and they generally don't last very long. They are scripted routines. With rewards in the order of 12k and being able to do around 8 of them an hour, people could amass around 1.6 million per day if they could put themselves doing it for 16 hours a day.

And unlike for example with gathering and crafting where you can make credits by selling to others, all of this money is generated as extra into the community. If only about 25 players do this per server, you could generate another 40 million credits into the game per day, 280 per week and over 1 billion credits per month. That's a lot of credits! And we all know how things go when people realize something can produce a lot of money, more will start doing it.

Hyperinflation will be the result, and what little is their of the economy would be completely destroyed.
Member of <Helix>

Chiramu
01.10.2013 , 02:44 AM | #5
I think the difficulty curve in SWTOR is reminiscent of the difficulty curve in the rest of Biowares' games, and that is more of a rollercoaster. You ace through that boss that's 4 levels higher than you then you get killed by a pack of trash mobs...

The space missions would be the same, and also un-fun.