Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How can I find modification stations?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How can I find modification stations?

markcymru
01.09.2013 , 07:00 PM | #11
Thanks for your help, everyone!
“The comments on any article about feminism justify feminism.” — Lewis's Law

Zazyl
01.09.2013 , 07:00 PM | #12
There's usually one nearby the crew skill trainers on the various planets that have them, as well.

markcymru
01.09.2013 , 07:02 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zazyl View Post
There's usually one nearby the crew skill trainers on the various planets that have them, as well.
Even easier -- no spaceship travelling !
“The comments on any article about feminism justify feminism.” — Lewis's Law

Rothie
01.09.2013 , 07:55 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by markcymru View Post
Yes, that's it. I just acquired my 1st one.
There is also one on every starter planet. You had to use it with your first story weapon for a quest.
You registered your Pre-Order code on July 21, 2011 and now are registered for the following items:
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order
AΩE
*** Rattataki, Bounty Hunter***

Malastare
01.09.2013 , 08:27 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
Your map......

It has a clickable field for mod stations.
That'd be the perfect answer... if it worked.

In practice, mod stations only show up on your map when you're nearby, so unless you know the area to look, you'll never see them... unless you just get lucky.

Thus, people asking where to find them is a perfectly reasonable question. If the map actually showed them from a distance, like it does for trainers or taxis, then we could dismiss people with comments like "Use your map".

Hyfy
01.10.2013 , 08:15 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
That'd be the perfect answer... if it worked.

In practice, mod stations only show up on your map when you're nearby, so unless you know the area to look, you'll never see them... unless you just get lucky.

Thus, people asking where to find them is a perfectly reasonable question. If the map actually showed them from a distance, like it does for trainers or taxis, then we could dismiss people with comments like "Use your map".
Where did you see me say it was an "unreasonable question?" Truth be told though, I have lost track of the number of times people have asked questions like "where's my trainer at?" without even looking at the map. Especially when they don't give complete information such as "Where's the Trooper trainer at?". Often times after saying read the map we get to the root of the issue, IE not knowing how to properly use the map. Not necessarily the case here, but I have seen it enough anecdotally to not rule it out either.myself I'd rather spend five minutes explaining to someone how to use the map than 30 seconds just leading their reins. But then I'll still only do that typically if they say "yeah I'm not sure how, can you teach me how?" because I'm not going to waste my time on someone who won't even try.

Ok rant done, with that said TL;DR version - A lot of people don't use the tools available to them first, but if they have at least tried to help themselves then I'm willing to invest some more time to help.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid