Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Concealment is fine!


Lynfast's Avatar


Lynfast
01.11.2013 , 09:52 AM | #21
1st point for doin this was for the lols. But theres also sooo many posts qqn operatives arent viable in ranked and havin even 1 of them in your ranked setup is stupid. So id say its hardly unviable as we won a game there against proper setup team with 8 so ´´unviable´´ concealment operatives. And with no heals or tank whence our ''borin'' interrupt play. Wzs arent won by dmg only fyi. But do you expect any other dps class to survive in the open against proper setup team? And our ranked team usually has 1 concealment operative in its setup. And i would even say a stealth team with 2 tanksins, 2 op healers and mix of sin and op dps would be lethal.

randiesel's Avatar


randiesel
01.11.2013 , 10:07 AM | #22
Yeah, and that's fine. But actually lots of stuff in the video could've been accomplished with an 8 man medic team, i.e. strolling up o someone capping a node while in stealth and using rit shot to interrupt them. You don't need 8 concs to achieve that. The core of how concealment is played was never once depicted, meaning opening up AB > HS, bursting down opponents and showing that concealment is viable as a spec to kill your opponent. All I saw were interrupts running from opponents, traveling between nodes and rinse/repeating.

I'm not saying anything other than the core functionality and usability of concealment were never actually shown. You won your matches and had fun doing so. I don't have any videos where I can go "this is better and shows how it should be done". I'm merely expressing what I got out of the video, which I would say could've been accomplished by a team of medics as well.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

randiesel's Avatar


randiesel
01.11.2013 , 10:37 AM | #23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJsjqqkWHKg

A quick YouTube search and I saw essentially what I would've expected to find given the title. This link has a breakdown showing how the Scrapper overcomes our weaknesses.

Your video shows you guys getting together to have fun. All good, just expected to see something else.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

Lynfast's Avatar


Lynfast
01.11.2013 , 10:40 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by randiesel View Post
Yeah, and that's fine. But actually lots of stuff in the video could've been accomplished with an 8 man medic team, i.e. strolling up o someone capping a node while in stealth and using rit shot to interrupt them. You don't need 8 concs to achieve that. The core of how concealment is played was never once depicted, meaning opening up AB > HS, bursting down opponents and showing that concealment is viable as a spec to kill your opponent. All I saw were interrupts running from opponents, traveling between nodes and rinse/repeating.

I'm not saying anything other than the core functionality and usability of concealment were never actually shown. You won your matches and had fun doing so. I don't have any videos where I can go "this is better and shows how it should be done". I'm merely expressing what I got out of the video, which I would say could've been accomplished by a team of medics as well.
Well then it wouldnt have been 8 man concealment team wouldnt it? :P And we wouldnt have won that ciwil war as medics. Sadly idk if Aeriy recorded the novare match cos the openin of it was a total rape to the opposin team.

http://www.twitch.tv/s7elioss/b/355230292 check the stream at 1h18min mark for the match if your interested, the openin kinda portrays concealment effectiveness you were lookin for.

Carnaje's Avatar


Carnaje
01.11.2013 , 08:46 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Lynfast View Post
Well then it wouldnt have been 8 man concealment team wouldnt it? :P And we wouldnt have won that ciwil war as medics. Sadly idk if Aeriy recorded the novare match cos the openin of it was a total rape to the opposin team.

http://www.twitch.tv/s7elioss/b/355230292 check the stream at 1h18min mark for the match if your interested, the openin kinda portrays concealment effectiveness you were lookin for.
Thanks for the stream link. I enjoyed it very much. More so since it showed how others react to concealment. Shocked when they see or get jumped by them and annoyance (or being effective). It appears to me that stealth is the only thing that made their team effective though. They died more then they killed, didn't have much for objective points, and all but 1 had crap dmg (and that 1's dmg was ok).

This makes me wonder two things:
1. If a team of assassins could be more effective since they could live longer and get to the objectives quicker.
2. If Infiltrate could be changed a little to be more effective. Since stealth was the only thing that kept them in that match.

DweezillKagemand's Avatar


DweezillKagemand
01.12.2013 , 12:47 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by randiesel View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJsjqqkWHKg

A quick YouTube search and I saw essentially what I would've expected to find given the title. This link has a breakdown showing how the Scrapper overcomes our weaknesses.

Your video shows you guys getting together to have fun. All good, just expected to see something else.
Not going to lie. That guy in the video is pretty bad.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

Syberduh's Avatar


Syberduh
01.12.2013 , 06:03 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by randiesel View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJsjqqkWHKg

A quick YouTube search and I saw essentially what I would've expected to find given the title. This link has a breakdown showing how the Scrapper overcomes our weaknesses.
Apparently step one in overcomving our weaknesses is having a pocket tank follow us around with guard.
Ushanev Syberjugg<Illegal Test Kitchen>
Because chicks dig orange overcoats and guys who don't die.
And streams. Chicks totally dig streams. I mean, right guys? They do, right?

davaniel's Avatar


davaniel
01.12.2013 , 05:53 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by randiesel View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJsjqqkWHKg

A quick YouTube search and I saw essentially what I would've expected to find given the title. This link has a breakdown showing how the Scrapper overcomes our weaknesses.

Your video shows you guys getting together to have fun. All good, just expected to see something else.
The thing is:

1. It was my first vid and our first night as full conceal ranked.
2. You didn't watch the full vid, there are quite clearly a few AB+HS gank moments. And Snave, I did record a bit of that Novare, only didn't get the opening on West as I was interrupting from south. Also forgot to put any Novare material in. May come later in a 'Concealment Ranked Ganked' vid or w/e. I wanted to show that the strategy for most of the night was actually just interrupt, interrupt, interrupt since it was our only chance. Everyone can understand that.
3. You obviously didn't read the first few posts of this thread because I edited it before you started posting, saying that the title was maybe a bit unfortunate and how it was more about us functioning as a team.

Now I appreciate that you have several 50s (not really an achievement by now, but OK) but how do you expect me to take that seriously?

Also. You're playing a game. Accept that some things are for fun. Also try to figure out that other people sometimes do things for fun.Tbh I'd find only conceal gank vids quite boring. Actually playing as 8 conceal ops in ranked is a whole different thing. Especially winning one game and 2 more razor close ones, doing exactly what you were so obviously disappointed in.

Ilmarinen, thanks for your reply, spot on
Aeriy
op sniper pt jugg mara sorc sin vg sent [55] + some lowbies

Wonkadude's Avatar


Wonkadude
01.12.2013 , 06:57 PM | #29
PvP conc. still does well, but what about PvE!? thats what the majority care about

davaniel's Avatar


davaniel
01.13.2013 , 03:46 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Wonkadude View Post
PvP conc. still does well, but what about PvE!? thats what the majority care about
I've healed quite a few TFB HMs now where we've had a concealment operative, who puts most other dps to shame on many occasions...
Aeriy
op sniper pt jugg mara sorc sin vg sent [55] + some lowbies