Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Concealment is fine!


ZUZiK's Avatar


ZUZiK
01.10.2013 , 05:51 AM | #11
For those that don't get the point. The team was made for fun, not for competitive play. Aerie made this video for entertaining purposes (nice video btw mate). If you don't enjoy it, just move along
Brannera Frostclaw -> Nightmare Lands -> The Red Eclipse

POPsi's Avatar


POPsi
01.10.2013 , 06:44 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by davaniel View Post
Yeah I understand what you're saying, I should've just made the title 'Concealment ranked game' since it was more about that than about how concealment is fine.

However, we won one game against a pretty good normal setup ranked team (we had 8 conceal, so no healers), and we lost (and this was silly, forgot to put it in vid) a Novare with 2% left.

One of the ancient hypergates was really close but because we had the wrong idea about the points system we decided not to interrupt the cap and pick up a few orbs so as to not feed them kills.

The video is not about the concealment playstyle since I'm very much aware that the particular things I'm doing myself with my char (waiting until it's my turn to interrupt) isn't the most awesome you can do with concealment.

Concealment ranked, however, is pretty epic, and winning a ranked game like that as well.

Sorry if I made it unclear. Hope you can appreciate the video more from this point of view.
Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying your are bads or whatsoever. In another thread I actually said that I'd quite enjoy such a setup myself. However, this didn't come through from the video- probably a mistake in the editing, but if I was doing such a video, I'd try to make sure to show some mass ambushes by the team at least, and stuff like that that actually shows how fun it can be doing an all stealther WZ. But this video didn't really show skill, nor the fun factor- I'm not saying there was none, it's just missing from the video

Maxtofunator's Avatar


Maxtofunator
01.10.2013 , 09:25 AM | #13
Ok, so you run a team made up of 8 characters, all specced the same way, and expect to do well?
I understand this is more for fun, which I would honestly do with my friends as well.

At the same time though, if you run a team like this in a ranked warzone, expect to be smashed, and hard [pun not intended]. Any time you have 8 dps, and the enemy team has healers, and possibly tanks, it will instantly get harder for you, that is just the nature of this. If you were to run maybe half assassin, half operatives, you would do well.
Chopper-Tofu- Level 50 Scrapper Scoundrel Sinakel- 50 Carnage Marauder

snave's Avatar


snave
01.10.2013 , 09:42 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxtofunator View Post
Ok, so you run a team made up of 8 characters, all specced the same way, and expect to do well?
I understand this is more for fun, which I would honestly do with my friends as well.

At the same time though, if you run a team like this in a ranked warzone, expect to be smashed, and hard [pun not intended]. Any time you have 8 dps, and the enemy team has healers, and possibly tanks, it will instantly get harder for you, that is just the nature of this. If you were to run maybe half assassin, half operatives, you would do well.
This team was run in a ranked warzone. Granted we only won 1 / 4 games but another 2 of them were razor close and could have quite easily been wins.

No one is saying 8 concealment is a great set up, we're not even saying it's fine, this was for fun and it was fun so mission accomplished.

Maxtofunator's Avatar


Maxtofunator
01.10.2013 , 11:55 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by snave View Post
This team was run in a ranked warzone. Granted we only won 1 / 4 games but another 2 of them were razor close and could have quite easily been wins.

No one is saying 8 concealment is a great set up, we're not even saying it's fine, this was for fun and it was fun so mission accomplished.
I did say I understand it was for fun, but other people in here take it as saying operative is either OP still or that they suck, either way they look at it, they are looking at it wrong.
My suggestion is that you should make a video run of a full stealth team and see how well that goes, record it, and show people how strong us stealthers are when we unite rather than bicker
Chopper-Tofu- Level 50 Scrapper Scoundrel Sinakel- 50 Carnage Marauder

randiesel's Avatar


randiesel
01.11.2013 , 06:20 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by POPsi View Post
don't really get the point... in the entire video you killed like 3 people, and demonstrated how you interrupt being a stealther some cap attempts and get stomped afterwards. There is nothing particular neither about the gamestyle, nor about operatives in this video.
^ This, lol.

It's a video of showing how a bunch of ops pulled subpar damage, all but the one guy who did decent.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

snave's Avatar


snave
01.11.2013 , 07:56 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by randiesel View Post
^ This, lol.

It's a video of showing how a bunch of ops pulled subpar damage, all but the one guy who did decent.
Well the point was for 8 operatives to go and have fun in ranked. Not sure how you can't get that.

We took 1 victory and almost took another 2, the tactics we used involved us preventing caps rather than going for out and out damage because with no healers we're never going to win a war of attrition.

Maybe you guys can get together and show us how it should be done?

randiesel's Avatar


randiesel
01.11.2013 , 09:07 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by snave View Post
Well the point was for 8 operatives to go and have fun in ranked. Not sure how you can't get that.

We took 1 victory and almost took another 2, the tactics we used involved us preventing caps rather than going for out and out damage because with no healers we're never going to win a war of attrition.

Maybe you guys can get together and show us how it should be done?
First off, you're flaunting a title of "operatives are fine" and you've already created at least 3 threads on this, that I've counted at least. I understand you all grouped up for the "fun" of it, which is fine, but you're advertising it as something completely different than your "innocent" reply to my comment.
You're throwing it out there as a "look at me and look at how awesome I am" depiction, so you should expect to get negativity.

And, as my signature shows I have various toons on various servers. I don't know what server you even play on, but I'd gladly game with/against you if it's on one that I actually play on.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

Wainamoinen's Avatar


Wainamoinen
01.11.2013 , 09:18 AM | #19
There may be some transatlantic misunderstanding. I see the phrase "Concealment is fine!" and take it as being heavily ironic, particularly with the exclamation mark at the end. As in "Concealment isn't fine at all, but look at the funny time we had running 8 of us in a ranked warzone". Only that's really not a very snappy title, so shortened.

On the subject of multiple threads posted, I think that was partly down to different people involved in the run posting separately, partly posting on differenet subforums (PvP/Operative), and partly down to enthusiasm after they had a great time.

I really didn't get the feeling it was an attempt to claim concealment ops need no improvements to function properly in ranked. In fact, I'm sure ti wasn't. Just a bunch of players who decided to do something fun with the poor, abused class they love and post the results in case others enjoy. More power to their jackbooted imperial elbows.

Only the worst kind of Imps would wear elbow jackboots.
Hasa'diga Eewokai
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

randiesel's Avatar


randiesel
01.11.2013 , 09:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
There may be some transatlantic misunderstanding. I see the phrase "Concealment is fine!" and take it as being heavily ironic, particularly with the exclamation mark at the end. As in "Concealment isn't fine at all, but look at the funny time we had running 8 of us in a ranked warzone". Only that's really not a very snappy title, so shortened.

On the subject of multiple threads posted, I think that was partly down to different people involved in the run posting separately, partly posting on differenet subforums (PvP/Operative), and partly down to enthusiasm after they had a great time.

I really didn't get the feeling it was an attempt to claim concealment ops need no improvements to function properly in ranked. In fact, I'm sure ti wasn't. Just a bunch of players who decided to do something fun with the poor, abused class they love and post the results in case others enjoy. More power to their jackbooted imperial elbows.

Only the worst kind of Imps would wear elbow jackboots.
Ok, we'll said. In a different light I see your point.

But still no need to make multiple threads. And my post wasn't even as negative as the one I quoted.

I skipped around the video a bit, but all I saw was a bunch of interrupting from stealth using rifle shot instead of HS, OS used by a bunch of guys and not actually engaging in head to head combat. The object of the game IS fun, so that's hat you guys were doing and I respect that. Just there are, as mentioned, several threads about this already and the "concealment is fine" or "concealment is underpowered" arguments are already a sore topic for all, so just expect comments of all kinds, positive an negative, when posting something on the topic.

Honestly, just have thicker skin. Let some stuff roll off your back.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops