Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concealment is fine!

davaniel
01.09.2013 , 05:12 PM | #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X6E3...=youtube_gdata

Edit: This thread is not particularly, like the title suggests, suggesting that concealment is fine, the title is more meant as some kind of trolling.

It's mostly about our night of running a full concealment operatives ranked team.
Aeriy
op sniper pt jugg mara sorc sin vg sent [55] + some lowbies

Aerilas
01.09.2013 , 05:22 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by davaniel View Post
this video does not exist
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper) - Raelisa (Operative) - Micaiah (Sorcerer)
Saerali (Scoundrel)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

ohto
01.09.2013 , 05:23 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by davaniel View Post
No video here bro
Rozor
The Harbinger
System

davaniel
01.09.2013 , 05:29 PM | #4
Bah. Copy paste went wrong, I think I fixed it now
Aeriy

zaknaphein
01.09.2013 , 07:39 PM | #5
Poor concealment operative.....you are fine as a mosquito harassing enemies. But that's just it..

Darkchip
01.09.2013 , 11:46 PM | #6
Yes Yes as i have said before and i will have to say again we are fine in PvP.
It's PvE that we are having issues any one worth his salt will know that we are fine in PvP if we are played right.

tatatan
01.10.2013 , 03:30 AM | #7
awesome video!, thanks
Question is, if this would be a tactics suistainable??, which i really dont know. I never played like that. Only once i PuGed with like 5ops (rest i dunno) - it was a huttball and we lost like 6-3 or something like that.
Another question that comes to my mind is, how would fare 8 assassins? :-)

We will see what the new 5 levels will bring. Untill that time, we wont see any class balancing anyway. I hope, Lethality will be able to be more constructive PvP wise.
These days, i only play Lethality in PvE and for PvP (if i do some with Op, which is not often nowadays) i respec usually to hybrid healer/concealment. I'd dearly like to play Leth in PvP too, as i like the basic idea behind Leth.
Well, we'll see in couple of months.

POPsi
01.10.2013 , 04:14 AM | #8
don't really get the point... in the entire video you killed like 3 people, and demonstrated how you interrupt being a stealther some cap attempts and get stomped afterwards. There is nothing particular neither about the gamestyle, nor about operatives in this video.

Defecter
01.10.2013 , 05:28 AM | #9
I thought this would show an exceptional Operative fighting other classes in a relatively fair fight. Instead, it's a stream of 2 or 3 versus 1 and interrupt tactics on capture points. Not to mention that the team still lost two out of three matches. If anything, this video shows how woefully underpowered concealment operatives are compared to other classes.

That all being said, I loved the video and the idea behind it. Especially when everyone is stealthed and the entire opposing team seems to be going 'What the hell...?'.

davaniel
01.10.2013 , 05:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by POPsi View Post
don't really get the point... in the entire video you killed like 3 people, and demonstrated how you interrupt being a stealther some cap attempts and get stomped afterwards. There is nothing particular neither about the gamestyle, nor about operatives in this video.
Yeah I understand what you're saying, I should've just made the title 'Concealment ranked game' since it was more about that than about how concealment is fine.

However, we won one game against a pretty good normal setup ranked team (we had 8 conceal, so no healers), and we lost (and this was silly, forgot to put it in vid) a Novare with 2% left.

One of the ancient hypergates was really close but because we had the wrong idea about the points system we decided not to interrupt the cap and pick up a few orbs so as to not feed them kills.

The video is not about the concealment playstyle since I'm very much aware that the particular things I'm doing myself with my char (waiting until it's my turn to interrupt) isn't the most awesome you can do with concealment.

Concealment ranked, however, is pretty epic, and winning a ranked game like that as well.

Sorry if I made it unclear. Hope you can appreciate the video more from this point of view.
Aeriy