Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Alt" as a selfcast modifier?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Alt" as a selfcast modifier?

LarriHoover
01.09.2013 , 11:25 AM | #1
You can not bind "Alt" as a self cast modifier... Does anyone know of a work around or when BW will be implimenting this?? I mean this is a pretty standard feature in most MMO's I thought.

KariTalRathe
01.09.2013 , 11:50 AM | #2
Hmm, I have always used Alt as my 'push to talk' comms button, so never use it in games. Does it actually do anything in game? Strange that they won't let you use it as a bind.

And when you say workaround, can't you use another key instead? Or am I missing the point for the second time this evening?

LarriHoover
01.09.2013 , 12:13 PM | #3
Well my experience in other MMO's as a healer i found it usefull that the default self cast modifier was "Alt," so I have gotten used to it.

I have played a jugg since launch and did not use the self cast option untill i just recently switched toheals on my level 40 sorcerer. Therefore, I would like to use what I am used to already if that makes sence. I have too many other keybinds within reach of my left hand to apply it to something eles. "Alt" is unused atm, and other keys such as "Shift", "Ctrl", and "Tab" all cannot be used as self cast modifiers... also the default "Home" key is a compleatly unviable option, seeing as I would have to take my hand compleatly off of my mouse or move my left hand over and stop moving for that durration.

bahdasz
01.09.2013 , 12:37 PM | #4
It works in as a combo button, like F1-F12 are toolbar row 1 and alt+F1-alt+F12 are toolbar row 2. I don't know why it wouldn't work for anything else. Of course I don't speak WoWtardese, so I don't have any idea what you actually mean by "selfcast modifier", have you tried to use other buttons?

KariTalRathe
01.10.2013 , 03:48 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LarriHoover View Post
Well my experience in other MMO's as a healer i found it usefull that the default self cast modifier was "Alt," so I have gotten used to it.

I have played a jugg since launch and did not use the self cast option untill i just recently switched toheals on my level 40 sorcerer. Therefore, I would like to use what I am used to already if that makes sence. I have too many other keybinds within reach of my left hand to apply it to something eles. "Alt" is unused atm, and other keys such as "Shift", "Ctrl", and "Tab" all cannot be used as self cast modifiers... also the default "Home" key is a compleatly unviable option, seeing as I would have to take my hand compleatly off of my mouse or move my left hand over and stop moving for that durration.
F1 is the default self-target I believe? Of course you don't need to press F1 if you have no target or you have an enemy targetted - using a heal under those circumstances will always direct the cast onto your character. If you have used F1 for something else, then another option would be to press the ESC key (to clear targets) then heal...as above it will default to you.

AsheraII
01.10.2013 , 05:29 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
Of course I don't speak WoWtardese, so I don't have any idea what you actually mean by "selfcast modifier", have you tried to use other buttons?
It basically means a key-combination where you force a spell to cast on yourself (if applicable) regardless of who's your target. For example, you have a tank targetted, pressing 2 heals the tank, while pressing alt-2 heals yourself while keeping the tank as your target. Ofcourse, this would only be available for self-heals, so you wouldn't get options like ctrl-2 to heal party member X while keeping your tank targetted. Only for yourself this option would exist.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

pudim
01.10.2013 , 05:32 AM | #7
I would like to be able to customize Alt to "cast on focus"
You either subscribe, or you don't, cartel coins are useless