Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huge 100k ms server lag,and my connection is fine.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Huge 100k ms server lag,and my connection is fine.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

01.09.2013 , 05:25 AM | #1
I've been getting 80000+ ms server lag continuously today making the game unplayable,my connection speed (38.57 mb/s),ping (15 ms) and packet loss (0%) are as they should according to pingtest and speedtes.nett.As i write this its above 100k and rising so it's obvious that the problem is not client side.

01.09.2013 , 05:30 AM | #2
Same here. Game was playable for 3 minutes after it patched and now characters are litteraly unmovable. Getting 100K ms lag.

01.09.2013 , 05:34 AM | #3
Same here.

My connection is fine, tested on World of Warcraft and League of Legends, without any problem. I'm actually on TeamSpeak with teamates, no problem with my connection.

I can connect my chars, but directly my lag goes to 35k, and still climbing to 300k.... the problem is for sure not of my connection.

01.09.2013 , 05:46 AM | #4
It maybe worthwhile seeing if you are on the same path as this thread over 70% packet loss was found which will cause major headaches for ping and latency

01.09.2013 , 05:46 AM | #5
Yeah, another one here.

It would be my luck that it happens the morning after re-subbing and buying cartel coins.

01.09.2013 , 05:48 AM | #6
Same here, i guess this needs to get sorted

01.09.2013 , 06:22 AM | #7
Tried a character on american server,no problems the game is playable no pings or pongs.Wonder if its just red eclipse or every european server?.

01.09.2013 , 06:30 AM | #8
Same here logged in several times (The Progenitor) from full restart of game, can see my character but red cross in connecion and massive ever increasing server lag. Checked my internet connection no problems and all my other games LotRO, STO, TSW, AoC all play fine.
Normally the server would auto-kick a connection in this condition but doesnt seem to be doing this currently, at the moment you can apparently stay semi logged in indefinitely.

Update: Now unable to get past loading screen... hey it's worse so it must be getting better!
Update: TN 7720432 refers.

01.09.2013 , 06:43 AM | #9
Add me to the list, although it did provide some small entertainment as I watched the server lag rise and fall from 15k all the way up to 138k, then back down... and back up. Was fascinating

01.09.2013 , 06:59 AM | #10
I've been having this issue since 1.6, but it only got worse with yesterdays patch. Before it as just intermittent, and though extremely annoying the game was semi-playable. Ever since patching yesterday it runs like clockwork though. I get a "good" 4-6 minutes after a fresh boot of the game, and then I get hit with the red X. By "good" I mean half the time I log in and get a huge lag spike within 30 seconds, but then it's smooth for the next few minutes until I get the X.
Smugglesworth ~~ Professional Band-Aid Applicator
<HoB-Bit> - The Shadowlands
Noli fovere canem ardentum