Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problems activating characters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Problems activating characters
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZeroPlus
01.11.2013 , 04:03 PM | #21
Hello Beesodd,

Still no change.

At 21:50 GMT, January 11th, my son's charater screen still shows THREE characters as "activated" and that he has consumed FIVE activations.

Since I'm guessing that noone will be able to fix anything over the weekend, I will only update this again on Monday (unless this does get fixed during the weekend).

Have a good weekend all.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

ZeroPlus
01.14.2013 , 02:46 PM | #22
Hello Beesodd,

Still no change.

At 20:50 GMT, January 14th, my son's charater screen still shows THREE characters as "activated" and that he has consumed FIVE activations.

I will update this tomorrow morning once the maintenace has concluded. Hopefully the issue will be resolved then.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

ZeroPlus
01.14.2013 , 02:57 PM | #23
Hello again Beesodd,

I just checked and the relevant patch notes has been updated!

It no longer states:
Quote:
•Character slot restrictions are now being enforced:
•By default, Free-to-Play players are restricted to 2 characters per server.
•By default, Preferred Status players are restricted to 6 characters per server.
•By default, Subscribers are limited to 12 Characters per servers.
•All players have a Global Active Character Limit of 350 Characters.
•Additional Character Slots may now be purchased from the Cartel Market. Each Character Slot will increase the number of Characters a player may have across all servers by 1 (players can go beyond their default character slot restrictions). Each purchase will increase the number characters that a player may mark as Active across all servers.
Subscribers and Preferred Status Players who have more than the current character limits will be allowed to keep and play all characters. No new characters may be created on the account until the number of characters on the account falls under the Global Active Character Limit for the account type, even if additional character slots are purchased.
It now states:
Quote:
  • Character slot restrictions are now being enforced:
    • By default, Free-to-Play players are restricted to 2 characters per server.
    • By default, Preferred Status players are restricted to 6 characters per server.
    • By default, Subscribers are limited to 12 Characters per servers.
    • All players have a Global Active Character Limit of 350 Characters.
  • Additional Character Slots may now be purchased from the Cartel Market. Each Character Slot will increase the number of Characters a player may have across all servers by 1 (players can go beyond their default character slot restrictions). Each purchase will increase the number characters that a player may mark as Active across all servers.
    • Subscribers who have more than the current character limits will be allowed to keep and play all characters.
    • Preferred Status players who have more than the current character limits will be allowed to keep all characters, but will only be able to activate 6 characters per server unless additional character slots are purchased.
    • No new characters may be created on a server if the account exceeds the server character limit until the number of characters on the server falls below the default limit plus any additionally purchased slots.
  • Public Test Server characters no longer count towards character limits.
This is so much clearer!

I'm not sure if it was due to your insistence that this was clarified, but I would like to thank you anyway.

If I may, could you ask that someone (Joveth/Courtney/Amber/SomeoneElse) make a post that will show up in the "Developer Tracker" calling attention to this clarification of the "rules". I think it would be most helpful to others who might miss this edit.

Here's hoping that tomorrow's maintenance will also clear up my son's issue .

ZeroPlus
01.15.2013 , 07:26 AM | #24
Hello Beesodd,

Still no change.

At 13:15 GMT, January 15th, my son's charater screen still shows THREE characters as "activated" and that he has consumed FIVE activations.

Today's maintenance did not fix this issue.

I hate to do this, but you could please check what is the holdup in this case?

Just in case you need it, here again are the details of one of my son's characters:
CHARACTER NAME: Zaffar
SERVER NAME: The Red Eclipse.

Beesodd
01.15.2013 , 07:53 AM | #25 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again ZeroPlus,

I just checked on the improper activations issue, and it is still being worked on. It doesn't look like this will be fix that will be performable by individual CS agents, and we will need to fix the players affected by this all at once.

Setting this up (and making sure it's right) can take a while, which will be the reason for the delay. Sorry that I can't give more specific details.

Thanks again for your patience, and sorry for the wait.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

ZeroPlus
01.15.2013 , 08:04 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi again ZeroPlus,

I just checked on the improper activations issue, and it is still being worked on. It doesn't look like this will be fix that will be performable by individual CS agents, and we will need to fix the players affected by this all at once.

Setting this up (and making sure it's right) can take a while, which will be the reason for the delay. Sorry that I can't give more specific details.

Thanks again for your patience, and sorry for the wait.
Thanks Beesodd,

Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but at least we know it is being worked on.

I will be sure to keep this thread updated every few days until the issue is resolved.

P.S: Did you see my post above (#23)? Any chance you could get one of the Community Representatives to post about the updated Patch Notes regarding Character Slot Restrictions? I think it would be beneficial to all.

Beesodd
01.15.2013 , 08:29 AM | #27 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Ah yes, I did.

Unfortunately, those guys are very busy and they can't post on as many threads as they would like to, so there hasn't been any announcement on this issue from them.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Dalaell
01.18.2013 , 09:38 PM | #28
My dad was suffering from this same problem.
I'd made him a bunch of characters to play before F2P went live so he had all 9 characters available.

This new patch goes in restricting the characters you can access which was kinda ****** to begin with. But EA needs their money so they make you pay to unlock what they already said you'd have available.

Anyway after patch he had 6/6 active. It then dropped to 2/6 but said 4/6 consumed and then went up to 4/6 saying 6/6 consumed.

Well I went on and used some of my credits to buy him unlocks from the GTN.
After applying them everything is currently correct. It shows 9/9 active.
So it fixed what ever the problem was keeping him from using the 2 he had before.
I added 3 server character unlocks.

So if you have the credits to spare, you might be able to go on the GTN and buy one character slot token and it may fix the problem.

Curious to see if it remains fixed.

Specjal
01.20.2013 , 04:11 AM | #29
My friend has the same problem!
Character name: Yamirou
Server: the Red Eclipse

Jeronj
01.20.2013 , 07:27 AM | #30
Yeah my friend has the same problem too.

username and server
character name: Thunderfoxx
server: Dalborra