Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problems activating characters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Problems activating characters
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZeroPlus
01.09.2013 , 10:36 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by warriorcat View Post
fyi max characters for everyone is 12 cant purchase more than that for now even with the store

when mekab comes out may increase to 16 so ppl who have 8 rep and 8 imps can transfer them to same server (mekab is just a made up time of when i hope they will add more slots (paid or otherwise (example lotro added more character slots with expansions you did not have to pay extra but this was only case for preorder but you could pay for more ofc when they brought out turbine store/points (however you could not go past the amount of extra character slots you would have got with preorder don't know if they changed that as i stopped playing shortly after isenguard )
Not exactly true.

See this post by JovethGonzalez:
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Just wanted to correct something I said earlier. The information I received earlier was incorrect. Players may have their base character slots and up to ten extra character slots. For example, a subscriber with 12 character slots may increase their character slots up to 22. You can still have 350 characters overall. Apologies for the confusion.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

warriorcat
01.09.2013 , 10:46 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
Not exactly true.

See this post by JovethGonzalez:
oh thanks for correcting me zero, i did not read that information when i saw it previously as i am not paying attention

ill only be guessing with what they want to do
Aim the rockets at Tomb of Freedom Nadd!
Level 50's Darkri/Zeraya//Jess'e char slots used 11/12
level 55 Raffes

ZeroPlus
01.09.2013 , 11:18 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by warriorcat View Post
oh thanks for correcting me zero, i did not read that information when i saw it previously as i am not paying attention

ill only be guessing with what they want to do

I only know what I know because I "documented" myself this morning before creating this post while trying to figure out what went wrong with my son's account and whether it was a known issue.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

ZeroPlus
01.09.2013 , 02:21 PM | #14
Hello Beesodd,

Small update:
At 20:00 GMT, January 9th, my son's charater screen still shows THREE characters as "activated" and that he has consumed FIVE activations.

ZeroPlus
01.10.2013 , 03:16 AM | #15
Hello Beesodd,

Update:
At 08:00 GMT, January 10th, my son's charater screen still shows THREE characters as "activated" and that he has consumed FIVE activations.

Beesodd
01.10.2013 , 03:38 AM | #16 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again ZeroPlus,

I have reports of this being fixed, at least for some players. Obviously if it's not a full fix, more needs to be done. Can you try a client restart, and confirm if this is still occuring?

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

ZeroPlus
01.10.2013 , 03:43 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi again ZeroPlus,

I have reports of this being fixed, at least for some players. Obviously if it's not a full fix, more needs to be done. Can you try a client restart, and confirm if this is still occuring?

Thanks.
Hi Beesodd,

Thanks for the update!

Unfortunately, I will only be able to check this later tonight when I'm at home (I'm currently at work and my son is at school... real life can be so inconveniente ). I will post back here with what I find when I check this later tonight.

Thank you again for your continued attention to this matter.

Beesodd
01.10.2013 , 04:09 AM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Aye, please keep us informed. As mentioned, I've been told that this should have been informed, but we do of course want to be completely sure.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

ZeroPlus
01.10.2013 , 03:13 PM | #19
UPDATE added.
Hi again ZeroPlus,

Thanks.
Hello Beesodd,

Update:
There has been no change. At 20:30 GMT, January 10th, my son's charater screen still shows THREE characters as "activated" and that he has consumed FIVE activations.
[EDIT] Further Update:
Still no change this morning. At 08:00 GMT, January 11th, my son's charater screen still shows THREE characters as "activated" and that he has consumed FIVE activations.

Aye, please keep us informed. As mentioned, I've been told that this should have been informed, but we do of course want to be completely sure.
Guess you were right to want confirmation .

By the way, and on a related note, as far as I can tell there has been no update to the official position that states: (and again I quote from the actual patch notes as of the time of this post)
Quote:
Subscribers and Preferred Status Players who have more than the current character limits will be allowed to keep and play all characters.
([EDIT] Above quote still valid at 10:00 GMT on January 11th.)
If possible, when you follow up with the team that can fix my son's account about this issue still being present, could you please try and clarify whether what I quoted from the patch notes is in fact the official position and my son's NINE characters will be unlocked. If what I quoted from the patch notes is not in fact the official position, when can we expect the current official position to be corrected.

Thanks again for your continued attention to this matter.

ZeroPlus
01.11.2013 , 04:06 AM | #20
Update added to previous post.