Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

:mad: Cartel Sucks

Goretzu
01.09.2013 , 09:21 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Warconfessor View Post
As they say, random is random. Some people have luck, others don't.
Yep, gambling is gambling, a lottery is a lottery, that's just how it is with gambling bags.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Nythain
01.09.2013 , 09:22 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackldr View Post
Well fortunately for me i know how to program, and just thinking of the code for the randoms stuff i know that their randomizer isnt very good at randomizing things i opened 4 containers in an hour and got the exact same thing
Sign of a well functioning randomizer. Any attempt to skew results based on previous results would in turn negate the entire concept of random. I always gave Winamp crazy props for it's randomizing algorithm back in the day, after hearing the same song in a 300+ song playlist 3 times in a row.

kamed
01.09.2013 , 09:26 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
The Cartel Market, over all, is actually amazing. Since it's release (and without spending more than maybe 20 bucks), I've made around 5 Million Credits, Unlocked all inventory and cargo bay slots on ALL characters, unlocked the additional 4 character slots, bought legacy items like species and Rocket Boost, etc. I've bought several sets of the CM market gear....

The fact that most of the items go on the GTN is what makes it awesome. If you're buying tons of gambling bags (and actually opening them) then you're doing it wrong.
Agreed! There is nothing more satisfying that paying only 300k to get all my inventory modules and 450k for bank tabs unlocked for all my characters. Then I can also skip level requirements for most of the legacy character perks by paying with my Cartel Coins.

I have unlocked all my legacy stuff and bought all the skin unlocks in the GTN for 1mil. Then I also bought all the other gear sets on the GTN for only 200k, which is not even a day of daily grinding. The beauty about the cartel market is that players can trade it for whatever value they think it is.

I am also lucky with the Cartel Packs, I got like 1 overlord throne with the first pack I got and use the credits to trade for even more expensive stuff. Originally all I wanted are pets and toys in the game, but instead got super rare drop I did not even want.

Goretzu
01.09.2013 , 09:29 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Nythain View Post
Sign of a well functioning randomizer. Any attempt to skew results based on previous results would in turn negate the entire concept of random. I always gave Winamp crazy props for it's randomizing algorithm back in the day, after hearing the same song in a 300+ song playlist 3 times in a row.
MMORPG RNGs are notoriously non-random however.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

DarthTHC
01.09.2013 , 09:36 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Nythain View Post
Yeah, I thought the same thing about my formerly favorite poker site's randomizer after seeing the 2 of diamonds in 3 different places on the same table at the same time.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Goretzu
01.10.2013 , 04:29 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Yeah, I thought the same thing about my formerly favorite poker site's randomizer after seeing the 2 of diamonds in 3 different places on the same table at the same time.
This is the problem, RNG are quite complex and easy to make badly or to just do wrong, at which point they just become number generators and that isn't the same thing at all.