Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

:mad: Cartel Sucks

Blackldr
01.08.2013 , 11:28 PM | #1
This is only an opinion, but i have used my cartel coins and made some credits online, but the packs i have purchased gave me crafing crap i don't need <i don't craft> multiple speeders of the same type <made some credits on that> armor I dont want <why do i want to look bare chested?> and none of the crap i wanted <the monkey lizard, the throne, or even god forbid revans mask> Oh btw i heard some guy got 4 of revans mask. I'm just wondering how th heck they rare and ultra rare is working for some and not for me. I know i'm not lucky, but come on..... anybody agree or disagree???

Warconfessor
01.08.2013 , 11:46 PM | #2
As they say, random is random. Some people have luck, others don't.

Pscyon
01.08.2013 , 11:50 PM | #3
You are guaranteed to get the crafting materials, that is clearly stated, so it's not really something you can complain about. It's also abundantly clear that you only have a "chance" at getting any spesific thing and if your list is as narrow as that pet, throne or mask then you should be using GTN. The packs are random. Random isn't fair or unfair, it's just really annoying when it doesn't work and great when it does.

Personally I would've loved it if you were guaranteed to get an armour set or one of the rare crystals, but that is simply not the case and thus I do not spend my monthly cartel coins on it. Better to buy a cool-looking set to know what I'm getting and put the parts I don't want on GTN.
Sith Sorcerer

Blackldr
01.09.2013 , 07:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
You are guaranteed to get the crafting materials, that is clearly stated, so it's not really something you can complain about. It's also abundantly clear that you only have a "chance" at getting any spesific thing and if your list is as narrow as that pet, throne or mask then you should be using GTN. The packs are random. Random isn't fair or unfair, it's just really annoying when it doesn't work and great when it does.

Personally I would've loved it if you were guaranteed to get an armour set or one of the rare crystals, but that is simply not the case and thus I do not spend my monthly cartel coins on it. Better to buy a cool-looking set to know what I'm getting and put the parts I don't want on GTN.
Well fortunately for me i know how to program, and just thinking of the code for the randoms stuff i know that their randomizer isnt very good at randomizing things i opened 4 containers in an hour and got the exact same thing

LordRichardEW
01.09.2013 , 07:39 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackldr View Post
Well fortunately for me i know how to program, and just thinking of the code for the randoms stuff i know that their randomizer isnt very good at randomizing things i opened 4 containers in an hour and got the exact same thing
Thing is you need to take in to account how each item is weighted in the randomizer. Some items have a much higher chance of being dropped then others items and some like the super rare have a really low chance. Hints why you can end up with 4 packs with the same think. One the rare occasions some people get really lucky and get a good item a few times. Just cause you haven't gotten what you want doesn't mean their randomizer suck it just means the luck was not with you. Now I'm off to go sell the lizard monkey I got last night

Zekim
01.09.2013 , 07:44 AM | #6
Sadly, it is all luck of the randomizer. lol. Some people score big and many others dont fare so well. Ive picked up a few decent items from cartel packs and other stuff is just ok. Its the risk you take when buying a randomized pack though.

Galbatorrix
01.09.2013 , 07:46 AM | #7
The Cartel Market, over all, is actually amazing. Since it's release (and without spending more than maybe 20 bucks), I've made around 5 Million Credits, Unlocked all inventory and cargo bay slots on ALL characters, unlocked the additional 4 character slots, bought legacy items like species and Rocket Boost, etc. I've bought several sets of the CM market gear....

The fact that most of the items go on the GTN is what makes it awesome. If you're buying tons of gambling bags (and actually opening them) then you're doing it wrong.

DarthTHC
01.09.2013 , 07:56 AM | #8
You puts in your coins, you pulls the lever, you gets what the machine gives you. That's the nature of it.

It must be highly addictive or bluehairs wouldn't sit there shoving nickel after nickel into the machine for hours on end.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Blackardin
01.09.2013 , 08:07 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Warconfessor View Post
As they say, random is random. Some people have luck, others don't.
Or as they say, "RNG is the worst, and laziest way to go about a video game". A skill based reward system with a minor reliance on RNG, for everything, is the only way to go.

Further, this is not a gambling site. These things should not even be in the game, and the only reason they are is the current money grab.

The game has such potential, but this is the entire reason the game is in the state it is. These guys just don't get it.....and at this point I believe they never will. Second rate people make second rate games as that is all they know.
May the Schwartz be with you....

Rhyxali
01.09.2013 , 08:13 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post

until that cool looking item you bought off the GTN is then changed by bioware a month after the fact LOL...oh unless of course you read the forums and know that change is coming which..I do not..so now the suggestion box is getting filled