Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Character Slot for 600 tokens did not open up.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Character Slot for 600 tokens did not open up.

Hyfy
01.08.2013 , 11:32 PM | #11
Well I have a similar issue, but I was at 12/12 slots and trying to open the 13th slot for a new toon. After the 600 CC purchase (the coins were deducted form my total and is in the ledger) upon logging into the character select/create screen no option to create another toon. While the OP made an error based on clumsy description, I however it would seem have gotten fleeced for the 600 coins with no response back yet from CS.

If any CS rep sees this I would like to know if this is a known issue that I have not found yet or am I suffering from yet something else hell bent on ruining my day today?
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

TheBBP
01.09.2013 , 12:00 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
Well I have a similar issue, but I was at 12/12 slots and trying to open the 13th slot for a new toon. After the 600 CC purchase (the coins were deducted form my total and is in the ledger) upon logging into the character select/create screen no option to create another toon. While the OP made an error based on clumsy description, I however it would seem have gotten fleeced for the 600 coins with no response back yet from CS.

If any CS rep sees this I would like to know if this is a known issue that I have not found yet or am I suffering from yet something else hell bent on ruining my day today?
Your current duty station must be pretty cush if this is ruining your day.
Jano Aras'im - Knight of the Republic
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Hyfy
01.09.2013 , 12:26 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Your current duty station must be pretty cush if this is ruining your day.
I'm out now, have been for about 10 years.

But between this and my ex trying to use my daughter as a pawn, AGAIN my day has been effectively shot.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

VegaPhone
01.09.2013 , 12:51 AM | #14
I think the problem is how to deal with the server mergers. I think they were being fair by letting people over 12 characters keep all characters and be playable.

Then the problem is how to deal with after the fact of server mergers, f2p , and character creator cap.

Thinking practically, 12 is the default limit, a person should pay for every character slot. Consider it paying for what you got for free, and then paying more for what you want.

Also we have to assume people were not scamming the system by creating extra characters to get more than 12 slots as well... so trying to deal with this in the best way... it makes sense to charge people according to what everyone else is paying and the people with more than 12 characters before sever merge got a free bonus. They should see it as something positive.

When i get to over 12 characters, I will have to pay 600 cc like everyone else. I dont get a 'free trial' period like the people during the server megers got when they had over 12 characters.

Goretzu
01.09.2013 , 05:41 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by VegaPhone View Post
I think the problem is how to deal with the server mergers. I think they were being fair by letting people over 12 characters keep all characters and be playable.

Then the problem is how to deal with after the fact of server mergers, f2p , and character creator cap.

Thinking practically, 12 is the default limit, a person should pay for every character slot. Consider it paying for what you got for free, and then paying more for what you want.

Also we have to assume people were not scamming the system by creating extra characters to get more than 12 slots as well... so trying to deal with this in the best way... it makes sense to charge people according to what everyone else is paying and the people with more than 12 characters before sever merge got a free bonus. They should see it as something positive.

When i get to over 12 characters, I will have to pay 600 cc like everyone else. I dont get a 'free trial' period like the people during the server megers got when they had over 12 characters.

Although I'm not directly affected by more than 12 characters.

Personally I still think Bioware EA should have grandfathered in extra character due to server merges (which weren't the players fault), think this would have been a goodwill issue that would have cost them next to nothing in the longterm, rather than the current attitude which seems to be basically this.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Belacose
01.09.2013 , 05:53 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JackStarr View Post
Gentelmen You were correct that is the case.
props to you for owning up!

R-Tee-Doo-Tee
01.09.2013 , 06:01 AM | #17
ive got the same problem waiting on a cs person to answer my ticket too
things in the cartel market need to be advertised properly or its miss selling simple as that.

amnie
01.09.2013 , 06:03 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post

Although I'm not directly affected by more than 12 characters.

Personally I still think Bioware EA should have grandfathered in extra character due to server merges (which weren't the players fault), think this would have been a goodwill issue that would have cost them next to nothing in the longterm, rather than the current attitude which seems to be basically this.
and yet there's still the lingering problem of it being a little 'unfair' to grand people the possibility to play 16 chars on the same server (meaning they can play with their friends, use the legacy perks and so on) just because once upon a time they created 8 chars on different servers to have 'place holders', when other people were genuine and only created chars they actually played.

then of course there's the people who had 8 republic chars on one server, and 8 imps on the other. sure they shouldn't be puniched for bioware's mistakes, but why are they 'more important' than people who say only created a total of 8 chars before they never thought about that or didn't want to play on a different server?

or people like me who had their republic chars on a us pvp server - and their imperial chars on a eu pve server? granted this has more to do with my european friends playing empire, but for the most part is was due to me simply wanting to see all the different storylines and test around a little (mind you this was before free respecs, and a heal scoundel and a dps ops play very differently)

Belacose
01.09.2013 , 06:15 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by R-Tee-Doo-Tee View Post
ive got the same problem waiting on a cs person to answer my ticket too
things in the cartel market need to be advertised properly or its miss selling simple as that.
It is well explained in the patch notes. However, i agree that it should be clarified as well in the cartel market itself.

Goretzu
01.09.2013 , 06:33 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
and yet there's still the lingering problem of it being a little 'unfair' to grand people the possibility to play 16 chars on the same server (meaning they can play with their friends, use the legacy perks and so on) just because once upon a time they created 8 chars on different servers to have 'place holders', when other people were genuine and only created chars they actually played.

then of course there's the people who had 8 republic chars on one server, and 8 imps on the other. sure they shouldn't be puniched for bioware's mistakes, but why are they 'more important' than people who say only created a total of 8 chars before they never thought about that or didn't want to play on a different server?

or people like me who had their republic chars on a us pvp server - and their imperial chars on a eu pve server? granted this has more to do with my european friends playing empire, but for the most part is was due to me simply wanting to see all the different storylines and test around a little (mind you this was before free respecs, and a heal scoundel and a dps ops play very differently)

People can just buy extra slots if they need them.

But I think that for people forced onto one server it's a small but fair bonus.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1