Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

New Character Slot for 600 tokens did not open up.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Character Slot for 600 tokens did not open up.

JackStarr's Avatar


JackStarr
01.08.2013 , 06:06 PM | #1
I'm kind of pissed I spent 600 Cartel tokens for a new character slot and it did not become unlocked.

I had 13 slots used from transfers so I bought a 14th Charater slot and it didn't work that fourteenth slot is not there.

Since I had to buy Cartel coins to buy this feature I'm really miffed it didn't work.

Great Job

Please fix ASAP

Ezrat's Avatar


Ezrat
01.08.2013 , 06:12 PM | #2
If you had 13 characters then buying the "14th slot" actually got you your 13th slot. They stated in the patch notes that they would be enforcing the 12 character limit. From what I recall, that means that if you have more than 12 (for a sub) from merges then you would have to choose which 12 are "active".

The only ways you could use the 13th at that point would be to buy another slot or delete a character (unconfirmed).

They aren't scamming you. You got what you paid for.

Midget_Yoda's Avatar


Midget_Yoda
01.08.2013 , 06:13 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JackStarr View Post
I'm kind of pissed I spent 600 Cartel tokens for a new character slot and it did not become unlocked.

I had 13 slots used from transfers so I bought a 14th Charater slot and it didn't work that fourteenth slot is not there.

Since I had to buy Cartel coins to buy this feature I'm really miffed it didn't work.

Great Job

Please fix ASAP
If you're a sub, you only get 12 slots per server by default: if you have more chars due to mergers, you can use them all but you need to pay for the extras before you get even more (so in your case, you need to pay _another_ 600 CC to get a 14th slot).

At least, that's the way I read the patch notes. Sorry to be the bearer of possibly bad news.

o-ro's Avatar


o-ro
01.08.2013 , 06:13 PM | #4
The max was 12 prior to today's patch. You bought an extra character slot. You had 13 characters and still have 13 characters, now you've just paid for it. Everything seems fine to me.

JackStarr's Avatar


JackStarr
01.08.2013 , 06:14 PM | #5
You got to be kidding me they need to be clearer in thier statements.

JackStarr's Avatar


JackStarr
01.08.2013 , 06:19 PM | #6
Gentelmen You were correct that is the case.

o-ro's Avatar


o-ro
01.08.2013 , 06:19 PM | #7
Why would you expect to have 1 more character than anyone else?

Ezrat's Avatar


Ezrat
01.08.2013 , 06:21 PM | #8
I've heard that people with more (say 16) show as 16/16 slots used. THIS should be fixed to read 16/12 slots.

I'm curious if my statement above about having to choose which 12 you want to have active is true? Can a player that previously had 16 toons play all 16 or does he have to make a choice or buy four slots?

Woimy's Avatar


Woimy
01.08.2013 , 06:40 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by o-ro View Post
Why would you expect to have 1 more character than anyone else?
An argument can be made that by forcing server consolidation, the player may never have created more than X on a server, why should he be forced to either delete a character or pay extra to create a new character. In any case, it is a blatant cash grab on the part of Bioware.

I personally have max toons on 2 different servers...several are just there to hold names, but in both cases 3-6 characters got 'joined' to max by involuntary merges. I have no problem deleting some since with the merges, obviously no need to save the name. But if I just liked fiddling around with tons of alts, this would make it harder. So, basically, they're forcing players to pay for the solution to a problem Bioware created.

Colyer's Avatar


Colyer
01.08.2013 , 07:00 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ezrat View Post
I've heard that people with more (say 16) show as 16/16 slots used. THIS should be fixed to read 16/12 slots.

I'm curious if my statement above about having to choose which 12 you want to have active is true? Can a player that previously had 16 toons play all 16 or does he have to make a choice or buy four slots?
If you had more than 12 slots full, you can play all of your characters, but cannot create new ones until you have available slots.