Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Karaiblis
01.08.2013 , 01:00 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
Because all gear in this game (with very few exceptions of robes who show naked stomach) look the same on male and female. This is not the kind of MMO which displayed gear differently based on gender.
And Phantom set IS shown on female body 3, not male...
Half the inquisitor chest pieces, raid pieces, and a substantial number of the knights gear are different for a female, why shouldn't I assume that premium real life cash gear gets the extra attention to make it look good on both genders when it shows in the preview that it does? It makes more sense than not, you look at the item preview and buy what looks good on your character.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai · Ebon Hawk · Rysari

islander
01.08.2013 , 01:00 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Naholen View Post
I hope this means they will return the Phantom Chestguard to its shoulderpad-less look. I loved its look pre-patch. And I like many spent money to get it. So I hope it is not a waste.
This.
Ǵllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Galbatorrix
01.08.2013 , 01:01 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettyevilish View Post
I got it out of a pack that I paid real money for. I did not buy it off the GTN. So eat your hat, sir, for making flagrantly false statements.
Yeah and many people bought packs hoping for what was advertised only to get flat, painted on armor. Bioware finally fixed the issue and gave the outfits some character and people complain....

Rhysling
01.08.2013 , 01:01 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Powerrmongerr View Post
Change it back! I built a whole (expensive) look around this set! If people want the advertisement version then send the advertisement version to everyone that currently owns the set! I want the set that I previewed and bought.
It will be coming soon to a Cartel Market near you. Just wait. for 1,200 cc we will be able to have the look we wanted instead of this horrible fluffy half robe creation.

Kirilith
01.08.2013 , 01:01 PM | #145
There are plenty of "Inquisitor Robe" options available (or, as we lovingly call them in my guild - "Disney Princess Robes"). It was nice for those of us who DON'T want to wear them to have something form-fitting that doesn't make us look like a bumblebee for a change.

Bad enough what we light armor wearers used to have to go through to even have a pair of pants...
Ala'sha Maryn / Alasha Maryn - The Ebon Hawk

"Chaos. Panic. Disorder. My work here is done."

AsheraII
01.08.2013 , 01:01 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
Here: Phantom AS IT SHOULD BE AND NOW IS http://imageshack.us/a/img801/6895/phantomq.jpg
Here: Spymaster AS IT SHOULD BE AND NOW IS http://imageshack.us/a/img69/2060/spymaster.jpg

Previous versions were wrong, people complained same way as you do now, Oh I paid real cash did not get what I want... so what can they do?
And you know what, they probably did buy it with real cash, but people who complain now just bought it on GTN.
Pretty simple: the advertisements were wrong, not the models we got in game for those two sets.
. . . . . . ¶▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##¯¯(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==¯¯¯¯¯|####/¯¯

dpwms
01.08.2013 , 01:02 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
Half the inquisitor chest pieces, raid pieces, and a substantial number of the knights gear are different for a female, why shouldn't I assume that premium real life cash gear gets the extra attention to make it look good on both genders when it shows in the preview that it does? It makes more sense than not, you look at the item preview and buy what looks good on your character.
Cowboy up, bro. The originals were broken and now they are fixed.

Galbatorrix
01.08.2013 , 01:03 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
Pretty simple: the advertisements were wrong, not the models we got in game for those two sets.

And where (besides out of thin air) are you pulling that info from?

Schomato
01.08.2013 , 01:04 PM | #149
Anyway, player, who used the previous model, bought it and slotted it - even on multiple chars.

Player, who didnt like it, shouldnt have used it and lost nothing this way.

Might be that the new model looks nice to some people, but it p.. off alot of player, who bought it, because they wanted the previous look.

Vhaegrant
01.08.2013 , 01:04 PM | #150
It's starting to become very clear there are two camps here.

1) We purchased the Cartel Packs hoping that we'd get lucky and get the gear we wanted from the random list of stuff possible. Any items we got we didn't like we could sell on the GTN. Very quickly found the item was not as depicted on the cartel pack and pointed this out to Bioware. Item still not bound. Still able to sell item on GTN.

2) We purchased the item on the GTN. We had no idea there was any fuss being made as to the look of the item in question as our purchasing choices were made based on an ingame model viewer and not Cartel Pack artwork. Once bought and equipped our choices were rendered permanent.

I fall in camp 2, if you hadn't gathered I don't usually spend that much time on the forums but felt the need to protest this change.