Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Player bounties!!! for BH's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter
Player bounties!!! for BH's

Talon_Starfire
01.18.2013 , 03:55 PM | #11
I think Bounty Hunters should have Player Character bounties & Smugglers should have Death Sticks & stuff to smuggle we need more RP stuff.
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Blyndfayth
01.18.2013 , 08:29 PM | #12
Unless they were to implement a system that would allow all BH specs, namely healers in this case, to be able to participate in player bounties (PvP) then they shouldn't implement it at all.

However, I fully support the idea of class specific missions. PvE bounties like they did during the storyline would be greatly appreciated.
"The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they are going to be when you kill them"

Marshal_Ney
01.19.2013 , 05:15 PM | #13
It would be great to have bounties like back in SWG
I would be even more than happy if they could add this feature just for the PvE
I'm not a prophet or a stone age man,Just a mortal
with the potential of a superman,I'm living on"

detowne
01.23.2013 , 11:58 AM | #14
What do y'all think of this.

Have a bounty board on each fleet. Allow players themselves to put bounties on their own head. Have a minimum of say 20,000 credits that YOU as the player put up. Now allow others players to accept the bounty. The player accepting the bounty will then become flagged for pvp when they are within a certain distance from the bounty target and vise versa. Also the player accepting the bounty also has to put up the same amount of credits and a bounty is then put on thier head for a certain amount of in game time.

If the player who accepted the bounty kills the target, they get the credits. If the target wins they get thier credits back plus the credits the other player put up. Set a limit on credits and the amount of people that can accept the bounty. The time the bounty is on your head will not decrease unless you are in zones that allow the bounty hunters to attack you. So you can't put up a bounty and sit on the fleet.

Now of course there are issues to work out but using our own credits will not allow people to exploit the system for credits. All players would have to be 50 of course. A system similar to this would be a lot if fun and make world pvp more relevant. This system would also allow people on a pve server to participate if they want. If not, that's cool too.

What do you think? Improvements?

PS: I wrote this on my iPhone at work sorry if there are any grammar issues.
o||||||()||Ξ[\DEEJAY██████████████████}

OlosBC
01.23.2013 , 03:39 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
While player or NPC bounties would be great to see, the reality is that the current state of the game is such that class specific content most likely isn't even on the "wall of crazy" at BW.
My thoughts as well. Was a cool system in SWG, but I just don't see it happening in this game.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

dewayne
01.24.2013 , 05:55 PM | #16
I rolled a Bh in swg. i never did player bounties though i used to pull jedi bounty of friends and hold them until they expired. but mind seeing a pve bounty system. all targets should be strong or elite though.
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

Stressfire
01.25.2013 , 08:26 AM | #17
Why not player bounties on PVE servers?

At least the way SWG was set up, bounties could be placed on an opponent who killed the bounty-placer in combat in a PVP zone (maybe duel as well, I can't recall). But, short version - there had to be a willingness to engage in PVP to have a bounty placed on you.

The PVE bounty system in SWG was nice for practice at low levels, but ungodly boring at end-game. Go here - kill this - return to sender. Rinse. Repeat. The PVP targets at least gave a nice challenge and allowed some RP, even when you caught them afk holo farming.

Maybe I'm just disturbed, but SWG BH's really gave credence to the term "ganking" - and some of the challenge was not getting caught following your target and really catching them unaware.

No, TOR is not SWG, but the latter had a lot of features that would be nice to have in parrallel

Emencie
02.05.2013 , 01:03 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
While player or NPC bounties would be great to see, the reality is that the current state of the game is such that class specific content most likely isn't even on the "wall of crazy" at BW.
This is very true. We couldn't ask for BH to get something special and not give it to every other class in the game just because of how class centric this game really is. We should be asking for more than just bounty hunting missions. Then at least the community could get behind it and perhaps the devs would take notice.

Emencie
02.05.2013 , 03:56 PM | #19
Thought I should take my own advice and put up some ideas here