Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial Agent Story: Awesome!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Imperial Agent Story: Awesome!

03.23.2013 , 01:21 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Brutanic View Post
I've played all class storylines excluding Trooper, which I'm doing just now. I recognize that peoples favourite storylines will be influenced by there own personal preferences, but I personally strongly agree with this.

The one thing that I really felt about the Agent storyline, is that it created a great sense of conflict within me. This is contrast to all the other storylines I've played. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike any of the other storylines, in fact I like all of them. But its just that there all cut and dry. I knew exactly where I stood with all the other classes, and it was very clear what decisions I wanted to make. With the Agent however, it was all shades of grey, and there was an overwhelming sense of conflict in myself, as a fan, in wanting to remain loyal to the Empire, as opposed to stopping and saying "go **** yourself".

It was the first character I played, and I found myself unable to stop playing. I appreciate all the class storylines in part because of how loyal I am to Star Wars as a brand, but truthfully Agent was the only class where I really wanted to find out what happened next. It was unpredictable and never followed a status quo.

Anyway, this was my interpretation of the storyline, and bringing it down to brass tax, I can tell anyone who hasn't experienced it, that your missing out, it really is an amazing storyline.
My experience too. Here is an article about developing meaningful character arcs that the writer of the IA story wrote for Gamasutra. I think his writing ethics really shine through it.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

03.23.2013 , 07:12 AM | #32
Agreed, I have done the agent story 3 times now, first was light side, second was dark side then the third time I turn off the function that shows you the alignment gains and chose what I felt was the "right" choice and everytime I have been amazed at how the story has progressed. Its definitely a story where all your choices reflet the rest of the story (especially loved chapter 2 where it feels more personal). Cannot wait to see whats in store for future story content.

03.23.2013 , 12:03 PM | #33
I finished agent storline just yesterday. It was my first character. I was thinking about Sith and BH, but agent won it probably because it's something different than what we know from the films and kotor. The reason why the story is good for me is because it made me care about what's going on as I really hated what happened in chapter two as well as I hated my enemy in chapter 3 and I wanted to kill them.

Although I didn't have any inner conflict during the story or "are we the bad guys?" problem, because I'm a bad guy myself and really felt like wiping out Empire's enemies + I always wanted too look good in the eyes of the Sith (as you command, My Lord) and I think it really payed off at the end of the day...

Only moment when I had a dilema was at the end of chapter 1, when my hunger for power won over other things, but I still think that decision could win us the war ;-)

03.23.2013 , 01:31 PM | #34
I found the IA storyline awesome, there are really only a few minor issues I had with it.

1. I would like to have seen the 'fear' of Imperial Intelligence employed a bit. Kaliyo mentions you being the 'secret police' and Keeper tell you to use the fear of your position to your advantage...but you never actually see it. I'm not saying it should have been overly prominent, but the occasional option when dealing with an irritating Imperial to say something along the lines of, "You know I can make you disappear so thoroughly your own family will deny you ever existed." would have been nice.

2. Would have liked for Chapter 1 to be tied into the rest of the story a bit. As it is it's pretty much completely disconnected. A few hints that someone other than
was manipulating events, even a mention in later chapters
would have been cool

03.24.2013 , 06:51 AM | #35
Regarding the spoiler in the end of Chapter 3 --

As for another thing bugging some people --

03.24.2013 , 07:08 AM | #36
Having started my Agent, now that I actually found I enjoyed the Sniper playstyle (took me trudging through Smuggler, which I LOVE it's storyline, and she started out in a leveling duo, so that made it a bit easier...class needs levels to really start to enjoy the playstyle imo), I do have one complaint...

YOU'RE A FRIGGEN SPY! A SPY! And what does every npc who looks at you say? What do you say? Admittedly, I'm not far (double xp so working on my smuggler for class buff...last buff I need), but there I am in the Black Talon Flash Point, having my job broadcasted out to everyone. My own character will even go about saying exactly what she is!

And why do people keep wanting to run around in Imperial Officer a spy? It doesn't make sense. You're basically advertising.

Rest of the story has been fun so far, and I have seen other parts of it, due to friends with higher level Agents, but, really...SPY! We don't go advertising it.

03.24.2013 , 09:02 AM | #37
Perhaps people would take the look more seriously if like you said, every NPC you run into or the character itself wasn't always saying they are an Agent. I don't find the look all that big of a deal. Might as well like what you're playing or how they look when playing them. TBH, its not like those NPC's who don't know you are an agent can tell, they simply do whatever was written anyway. You could be naked and the response is the same. Though, I would laugh hysterically if you could do that.

03.24.2013 , 12:17 PM | #38
As for outfits, I had an Imperial Uniform to wear but I usually wore a trenchcoat. If you wanted to be RP-ish, you wear the uniform when you're in Drommund Kaas or at any point when you're at an Imperial Base talking to your superiors. Probably not many people care to do stuff like that, but I had a lot of fun with Fraps and different outfits.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

03.28.2013 , 09:48 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by krakadyla View Post
Regarding the spoiler in the end of Chapter 3 --

That was pretty much my feeling, after a great deal of thought.

03.29.2013 , 02:02 AM | #40
I agree, the IA storyline is hands down the best.
Which makes it all the more sad that its writer is no longer with Bioware... =/
Or at least that's what I think I've seen mentioned on these forums several times.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.