Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck at Loading Screen after Launcher "Play"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Stuck at Loading Screen after Launcher "Play"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
01.07.2013 , 04:03 PM | #21
out of interest if you are in full screen mode and you say you can hear the ships with the loading screen displayed, what occurs if you ALT-TAB out and then try to re-enter the game from the taskbar.

Faeratic
01.07.2013 , 04:13 PM | #22
Not much, it would just go back to the infinite loading screen. Only forcing a disconnect by logging in on my laptop ever got it to go away, but of course I couldn't do anything from that point anyway.

OwenBrooks
01.07.2013 , 04:21 PM | #23
Can you go into msconfig and goto the boot tab then advanced options make sure everything is unticked in here especially the debug check box ( ignore stuff that is greyed out )

Faeratic
01.07.2013 , 04:28 PM | #24
Yep, everything is unticked.

I noticed when trying to troubleshoot my new empty server list problem that my launcher was running normally and my swtor.exe was set to XP SP3 compatibility mode. So, I set the launcher to run in XP SP3 compatibility mode too. Now I'm back to the infinite loading screen regardless of what compatibility settings I use. One step forward, two steps back.

OwenBrooks
01.07.2013 , 04:29 PM | #25
When you said you did a clean boot how did you achieve this ?

Faeratic
01.07.2013 , 04:34 PM | #26
Disabled all non-microsoft services in msconfig and all startup applications in Task Manager. Only thing that was starting with Windows, was Windows.

OwenBrooks
01.07.2013 , 04:38 PM | #27
for general info in msconfig general tab there is selective startup where you can untick load startup items.

You say you had a blank server list ? this is normally a firewall issue, I gather this is on this machine.

It may be worthwhile to not load startup via msconfig have a look at the list of startup items in msconfig there maybe more then you think starting up.

Faeratic
01.07.2013 , 04:57 PM | #28
Yeah, to clarify, startup program controls that used to be handled by msconfig in previous versions of Windows have been moved to Task Manager in Windows 8, so what I did was disable everything in both places. At any rate, I only got so lucky as to get to a blank server list a couple of times. Now I'm back to... Well, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WCRMPQvqRc

I apologize if using youtube is a forbidden dance here - I just feel like I'm not properly describing my client's behavior in my posts.

OwenBrooks
01.07.2013 , 05:06 PM | #29
I havnt been game to install win 8 yet, have the disk here but ... interesting change with msconfig though.

My initial gut feeling is a firewall/communication issue , another thought i had was the c++ redis do you have 2008 specifically installed ?

Faeratic
01.07.2013 , 05:09 PM | #30
Yep, 2008 x86 and x64 both. As well as 2005, 2010, and 2012, just to be sure I have every base on the field covered and the shortstop too. Don't have any type of firewall enabled right now at all; Webroot, Windows, my router, all of it is off and away while I try to figure this out.

W8 is pretty cool I guess. I didn't want to upgrade but I figured I'd be forced to use it every day at work so I may as well get used to it. It runs everything W7 did, just works a bit differently under the hood for some stuff. At first I thought it might be the problem with SWTOR, but it seems everybody else and their uncle can run the game on their W8 machines just fine, so that was a bust theory.