Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck at Loading Screen after Launcher "Play"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Stuck at Loading Screen after Launcher "Play"

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Faeratic
01.07.2013 , 06:05 AM | #11
Appreciate the ongoing help. Also appreciate smartphones and LTE.

I can confirm both executables are listed as exceptions so, in theory, shouldn't be experiencing blockage. I'll try removing Webroot when I get home and cross my fingers that it isn't the cause of the problem, because I'm just so fond of it. I'm not running any sort of connection management software nor am I set up through VPN. Though I disabled my router firewall and stuck my local IP in that good old DMZ, I haven't power cycled it yet, so there's an idea. And yes, laptop connects fine. Shame its running an older A6, or I'd just play on that until the expansion patch. It's so weird that the server list seems to be loading just fine (I can hear the ship audio in the background, even) , but the loading screen won't go away unless I force an error.

Five hours until lunch and my chance to test these new ideas. Well see how that goes.

Faeratic
01.07.2013 , 12:49 PM | #12
Came home to see my client on the server selection screen, but only because an error message had popped up to inform me that I was disconnected due to inactivity. Power cycled my router, uninstalled Webroot, made sure my Hosts file is clear of problems, rebooted my PC, started up SWTOR, and sat at a loading screen for a bit. Closed SWTOR, set both the launcher.exe and swtor.exe to run as admin in XP SP3 compatibility mode, tried again, still stuck.

My heart is breaking over here. At least I have food.

Cerimon
01.07.2013 , 01:56 PM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Faeratic,

Firstly, if you connect via Wi-Fi please instead connect your machine directly with a cable if possible.

To try to identify connectivity problems can I ask you to post your pathping results here.

In order to generate a pathping, please complete the following steps:
  • Press Windows Key + R, type ‘cmd’ and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter rather than just enter will run this command as administrator and prevent the message 'the requested operation requires elevation'. In the command window, please type in the following command:
  • pathping -n xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    • Please replace ‘xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx’ with the relevant server IP below.
      • If you play on an East Coast server: 159.153.92.28
      • If you play on a West Coast server: 159.153.68.252
      • If you play on a European server: 159.153.72.252
      • If you play on an Asia Pacific server: 175.45.88.182

This may take a couple of minutes so please wait whilst it completes. Once the information is visible please right click and select "Mark", you can then select all the information using your mouse, when you have selected everything press return/enter. This will have copied all the information that you have selected. Paste it to a text document and save.
  • Copy/Paste the content of the file into your post using this format: [spoiler]content of pathping.txt[/spoiler]
Please modify your pathping file so that your IP address which is entry number 1 in the list of IP addresses is not visible and attach the pathping.txt to your reply for analysis.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Faeratic
01.07.2013 , 02:15 PM | #14
Spoiler
My actual IP is not on the list, so I refrained from editing.

OwenBrooks
01.07.2013 , 03:28 PM | #15
I am presuming that hop 2 just has ICMP packets set to drop packets, so it appears ok although it is indicating that it is re-sending packets. If similar is from your laptop then it is no concern.

You have tried to run the game connected by etherenet cable rather then wi-fi ?
If your using a wifi dongle please disable or unplug this when connected by ethernet cable.

when you say your ip is not on the list what owns that first IP listed as it should belong to the machine doing the test.
If you do a pathping from your laptop does the same thing occur with not listing it's IP ?

Faeratic
01.07.2013 , 03:30 PM | #16
On my desktop, I'm always using ethernet. Even removed my router from the equation and jacked straight into my modem after running that trace, and got no improvement.

OwenBrooks
01.07.2013 , 03:33 PM | #17
when you say your ip is not on the list what owns that first IP listed as it should belong to the machine doing the test.
If you do a pathping from your laptop does the same thing occur with not listing it's IP ? or are you just referring to the IP given by your ISP not being displayed.

Faeratic
01.07.2013 , 03:46 PM | #18
Well, what I mean is that it's my router assigned local IP, and not the IP assigned to my router by my ISP which could in theory be used to do some form of Internet-harm to me should I post it. The same thing does happen with my laptop - the trace starts at 192.168.1.189, to 192.168.1.1, and then onward to the web beyond. Interesting yet mostly unrelated, my laptop actually doesn't seem to finish the trace, getting hitched at around hop 13, but that isn't stopping me from being logged into SWTOR on it right now.

OwenBrooks
01.07.2013 , 03:54 PM | #19
I'm going to go back to post 1 and see if anything has been missed so far.

Faeratic
01.07.2013 , 04:02 PM | #20
I may have accidentally made progress, somewhere along the road here. I fired up XSplit to make a video demonstration of my force-disconnect trick, and SWTOR decided to load to the server list on my desktop all by itself for the first time since I started this mess.

Granted, the list was empty, but it's progress.

Going to try deleting my game cache and a couple of other things. Hopefully I keep moving forward and don't slip backward at all.