Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If they ever added new races what would the Empire get?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
If they ever added new races what would the Empire get?

Lurtzello
01.06.2013 , 12:09 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Anishor View Post
Such a small minds. They said they could eventually implement Wookiees and other non-basic speaking races, however it would require them creating their own classes.
Setting aside the whole Wookie-Jedi matter, the could implement those races for current classes too, they'd just need to record the alien speech and keep the subtitles.
Still not a reason for BioWare to implement them soon.
Everything is STAR WARS is the best.

RazielHex
01.06.2013 , 12:13 PM | #12
Look, there are species already in-game that speak perfect basic that can be dressed just finely already acting as NPCs and companions.

Togruta, Devaronian, Cathar, Kel Dor, Mon Calamiri, Weequay, and Sarkhai, for example.

That's what you're gonna see.

Aebrynis
01.06.2013 , 12:52 PM | #13
If I had to make a guess, I would say the 'new races' would follow two rules.

(1) They will likely, initially, at least, be re-skins. So you would see Voss, Zeltrons, possibly Devaronians (though the females look rather different than the males do).

(2) They will be done so as not to require new stories or classes.

That's not to say such things are impossible. But EAWare has a lot on the plate right now, including several issues that the player base is actively grousing about. I wouldn't expect a new race past Cathar to arrive anytime soon, a year at the very least.

Listerman
01.06.2013 , 12:59 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
Every race I can think of would be Republic:

Ewok
Gungan
Wookie
Whatever Yoda is
Ewoks weren't formally discovered until after the Battle of Yavin.
As for Yoda...I wonder if Disney will honor Lucas's desire to keep that secret...? Hm.

As for Empire, I would like to see the Voss drop a pair to sign on the with the Empire...If not them, the Trandoshans, for a little extra muscle.
...Plus...Trando Sith Lord? Bad. ***.
"Never touch a Kel Dor's sammich."
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."

annabethchase
01.06.2013 , 01:10 PM | #15
There's 100's of well developed races in the Star Wars universe and TOR is allowed to make more.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Xenith
01.06.2013 , 01:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurtzello View Post
While there are indeed restrictions on what races can be/do, I thought a Wookiee could wield the Force.
It's in the lore. There's been one wookie.
Peace is a lie... and so is your Order.
CE_VIP

annabethchase
01.06.2013 , 01:19 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
No, there's been a lot. The cartoon recently had one, ending forever this silly debate as Lucas says it's "his cannon" and a wookie jedi was in it.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Anosa
01.06.2013 , 01:19 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
Every race I can think of would be Republic:

Ewok
Gungan
Wookie
Whatever Yoda is
ewok wouldnt work unless it was a crafting based species only.

gungan wouldnt work due to the history

wookie woul be cool but your character would make sounds the whole time and i wouldnt want them to be anything but a rifle class.

yodas specie needs to stay in the dark
Meow

Wilhellena
01.06.2013 , 01:56 PM | #19
This is easy all the way around. There are certain things through the lore and through the series we all know.

The republic needs to have wookies (non force classes). Bothans would be cool, and Mon Cal's

The empire Needs to have Transdosians,(non force using), and rodians, devorians. The Chiss should have never made it into the game as they through lore we not discovered yet.

There should be no Ewok race, No Yoda race (they are super rare) no gungans, no jawas

On top of that they need to take time and add the trooper, smuggler, Bounty Hunter and Agents to both factions.

The Sith have troopers, the sith use smugglers (talon Karrade), the republic used BH's and the CIS are AGENTS. The force classes need to be separate.

Ezstar
01.06.2013 , 02:07 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
Actually u find there was more than one Wookie Jedi ESP after ep VI when luke re esblished the jedi order there was at least two of em that i recall
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.