Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good leveling class?

TrumpetNut
01.05.2013 , 05:59 PM | #1
Hi there!
I am going to level a character with a RL friend and want to know what a good leveling adv-class is. I do not like spamming an ability too much. One of the below:
1. Commando, Heals or Dps
2. Sage, Dps
3. Scoundrel, Heals or Dps
4. Guardian Tank

My friend will be choosing something I reccomend probably. Thanks for the help!

Morggul
01.05.2013 , 06:51 PM | #2
trooper is easy

TrumpetNut
01.05.2013 , 07:24 PM | #3
I have a Vanguard at 44. I want to have a class that can kill fast and <Maybe> have Healing capability. This character would be unlike my other characters in that I won't skip convos on reular quests like I have with alts. It will be soloely for story and questing content. If it ends up being a stealth-able class then it will not or should not be part of the decision due to the fact I don't stealth past most stuff. Also having the healing capability can be useful in H2+ or H4's. So maybe sorc, Commando, or Scoundrel? Thanks! Please when you answer add backup to it not just "Trooper is easy." like the first poster. Thanks again for the help! ps is commando a good leveler that one im really not sure what it's about leveling wise. (I leveled my merc by PvP)

MikeFL
01.05.2013 , 07:33 PM | #4
Based on your last post, go with a Jedi Knight. The story is widely said to be one of the best in this game. I can personally vouch for its coolness and fun factor. You can go Guardian for damage or tanking, or Sentinel if you want pure raw damage. Since you will be leveling with your friend, he could play a Sage/Commando/Scoundrel to heal you and add in extra dps. (Personally recommend Sage, their bubble goes really well with Jedi tanking, but each of those classes heals well).
Praxys - 50 Sorcerer Nylost - 50 Sniper Sythion - 32 Marauder Rexxel - 25 Mercenary
Kilaeon - 32 Guardian Fordan - 25 Vanguard

_biddan_
01.05.2013 , 07:33 PM | #5
if you don't mind starting on different planets the best duo is scoundrel healer with shadow tank.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

TrumpetNut
01.05.2013 , 07:41 PM | #6
Actually I was going to play the dps/heal class my friend was going to go dps or tank lol we want to start on the same planet. I'm strongly thinking of going into scoundrel but is the smuggler story good? My friend will almost certianly go into jedi knight likely guardian. Story is going to be a huge factor. I really find it amusing popping outa stealth and shotgunning ppl in the back. Healing is supposed to be very good on the scoundrel too. So i'm now looking at Scoundrel heal or dps vs a jedi knight either AC my friend will maybe start on a different planet but il go and get ahead to help him get to a higher lvl (10) and go to corescant. Thoughts?

TrumpetNut
01.05.2013 , 07:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeFL View Post
Based on your last post, go with a Jedi Knight. The story is widely said to be one of the best in this game. I can personally vouch for its coolness and fun factor. You can go Guardian for damage or tanking, or Sentinel if you want pure raw damage. Since you will be leveling with your friend, he could play a Sage/Commando/Scoundrel to heal you and add in extra dps. (Personally recommend Sage, their bubble goes really well with Jedi tanking, but each of those classes heals well).
Actually It would be about opposite of this friend as JK me as one of the other classes (Story? Scoun most likely?)

MantorokTwelve
01.06.2013 , 02:57 PM | #8
If you don't like spamming an ability, you'd HATE sage dps. 70% of your rotation is spamming rock throw

TrumpetNut
01.06.2013 , 03:54 PM | #9
It is? awww. There arent alternetives?

TrumpetNut
01.06.2013 , 03:57 PM | #10
So I think sage would be fine w me but how about this list:
Lightning sage
Gunnery/heal Commando
Scrapper scoundrel

Friend is a guardian.