Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unicorn Stampede has a legit ranked team.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
Unicorn Stampede has a legit ranked team.

LastWizard
01.17.2013 , 12:28 PM | #21
So basically.....you're butt hurt?

Dhrasur
01.17.2013 , 02:29 PM | #22
CM great post, the second one. I find that my guild Uncensored has some issues with the pug teams too. If I'm not mistaken the pugs teams are running 5 days out of 7. That is essentially stopping Uncensored from queing as a guild and getting the highest form of competition (if other full guilds would queue, not playing against pugs). When I made my ranked warzone ideas thread, I wasn't expecting kickball nights to happen this often so this problem never came to mind to me. I was also hoping the kickball nights would motivate players so step up their game and queue full guild. I don't want kickball night to stop. In fact, even if we consistently had 5-6 different full guild queuing, I think everyone would still enjoy mixing it up 2 days per week. But, the situation isn't good enough yet to stop doing pug ranked group.

Now, of course, you are the one running the show on pub side, and I am grateful for it. I try to do the same on imp side, which mostly result in getting only 1 pug team usually composed of a mix of teamluckyseven and transcendant players. Furthermore, I do not think Unicorn Stampede is doing this to roll pugs, you must keep in mind imp side is a hell lot weaker then pub side and that some of the good players aren't always willing to help the pug group I make 1 or 2 days per week. Also, we said that "weaker" guild can queue full to improve. Now I think Unicorn has reached a point when they shouldn't be considered a "weaker" guild, like Teamluckyseven.

-----------------------------------------------

Hmmm what I wrote isn't really clear so this will be the actual important part. I think we should reduce the number of days pug ranked is being done OR agree on some days the guilds that can queue full can queue without being resented against. I have been called out by Yuri about that and I understand why he would be upset about me queing with full Uncensored last monday. Also, since imp side is weak(both in quality and quantity), it is harder for imp side to do pug group so Unicorn can hardly not queue as a full guild.

Anyway, I'm posting this from class at university, during the break, so I don't have term to write something more cohesive, but I absolutely do not want ranked wz to go wrong again, I'll do anything I can to help, here I'm trying to talk about some factors that I feel have not been taken into account enough.
Empire Ilye - Marauder | Vahilo - Sniper | Ijis - Sorcerer
Republic Unreal - Scoundrel
<Uncensored> | Jedi Covenant [Keller's Void]

totherkins
01.17.2013 , 02:51 PM | #23
Dear CM and pub pug ranked teams,

We are queing once a week on wednesday for 2-3 hours. This is just the time everyone is able to be on. Are goal is not to pug stomp as much it may seem that way cause of the kickball style ranked groups going on.

Honestly I would rather face uncensored, ld50 or even repub strikes back in ranked. In those games we learn more from it and we are trying to get back into the competitive seen so you guys if you are in a full guild group do not have to be waiting on a que. But at the moment we have one day out of 7 days that we que if you feel that is harsh just que up with ld50 or try and organize a day of full guild groups.

Seane from TL7 and llyle from uncensored i think have put together imp pugs on multiple occasions to que against your pugs from my knowledge.

Ultimately CM and ld-50 i dont mind you guys at all, a lot of you seem cool and honestly you are the only one i really know that talks **** to a point where people don't like you.

THIS RANKED GROUP is ultimately the best we got that want to pvp. And I thought I have told you at least once or twice that we want to face you guys or uncensored. But if it wasn't clear before please que up against our group!
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878

TalonKorr
01.17.2013 , 03:00 PM | #24
Totherkins, I respect that you're trying to rewrite the image of US, and wish you luck in doing so. But, first impressions count a lot and US laid it on pretty thick when they first appeared on the scene, you have your work cut out for you.
Flak / <Lethal Dose Fifty> / <LD-Fifty> - Jedi Covenant - Juggernaut
Retired: Cates, Grisha, Scuf

totherkins
01.17.2013 , 03:09 PM | #25
I know :/ its gonna be tough and I guess all I can say is hopefully in 2 weeks noone will be /saying stupid ****. I wish you guys luck to and hope to see you in ranked sometime.

TalonKorr
01.17.2013 , 03:15 PM | #26
If your sincere then I'd like to apologize to the guild as a whole for my tone the other day when CM and I crashed your mumble. Months of hostility towards myself and guild mates soured my view, and I'm not afraid to vocalize that, even on your own mumble. Your guys were cool to me and I went on the offensive right away. I apologize.
Flak / <Lethal Dose Fifty> / <LD-Fifty> - Jedi Covenant - Juggernaut
Retired: Cates, Grisha, Scuf

totherkins
01.17.2013 , 03:22 PM | #27
It's cool I'm sure their are plenty of stories about unicorns going off the wall to . But, I think ship said if you guys want to come into our mumble just to come in and talk or sort something out its fine just say you come in peace to start and don't troll cause then it just turns into a massive flame war but i don't have an issue with you guys maybe I'm just not playing wzs at the right time lol.

Ekoado
01.17.2013 , 04:15 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by donthedondon View Post
Maybe we can work out a schedule of some sort to make this all work ?
You'd be best to contact either myself or Totherkins via whispers in game, just cause there's too much hostility in the Imppvp channel that we can't regulate.

With regards to super queuing, speaking for myself only I've only really been 4 manning, and to be quite honest the reason for this isn't to do with not wanting to super queue it's actually because i can't be bothered sitting about for ages waiting for the joint pop lol, at least I'm honest about it :P

The people in my guild who do super queue, and yes there are people who try to do it, without mentioning specifics, are generally people who really about barely above average for a PUG. and i know they have lost to pugs before. Super queuing is something we are trying to discourage. HOWEVER, we can't really tell people how to play the game and sometimes (and im sure you will understand this as an ex Imp) people are going 5/6 games getting stomped even in a 4 man so for them to super queue is actually understandable.

As i said , it's not something we promote but it does happen. And im sure you can understand why.

But to end on a positive note, yeah get in touch with me and toth about rateds or that, we would like to play you guys again seeing we actually have a more organised team as opposed to troyy screaming smash over and over again, derp derp derp

Much Love,

Xil
Tibblesworth - Commando Heals - ToFN
T'ibbs - Scoundrel Heals - ToFN
Zxil - Powertech Tank - Jedi Covenant
UNICORNS

foxmob
01.18.2013 , 04:47 PM | #29
if they kiss, I want a refund.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

EmblemElite
01.18.2013 , 06:55 PM | #30
I want to touch a bit on the subject of super queueing also here. When I was in Unicorns for me it was not about trying to stomp pugs or anything it was mainly about having fun playing with people you wanted to play with. When we super queued most of us had completed our weeklies/dailies anyway. We didnt care about winning or losing most of the time, we focused more on having fun. We even had Civil Wars where we would lose because we would just run as an ops team from node to node capping and the abandoning it, and Novare Coast matches where we would see how far into the minefield a person could get. When I super queued it was more for fun and not simply for stomping people and trying to discourage them.
Vanguard Amano Lethal Dose Fifty
PoT5