Flashpoint Light/Dark side points

You can get quite a few. Companion affection, too, if you win the roll to be the one who speaks.

In The Esseles (first Republic flashpoint), I think there were two LS/DS decisions; one in the middle and one at the end. They totaled maybe 150? Could have been 200.

You don't have to win the roll to get the Light/Dark of your choice. You still get whatever you selected even i you don't win the roll for the conversation option.

For instance if 3 group members selects Dark but you select Light you will get Light Points they will get Dark regardless who wins the roll. The only thing that changes depending who wins the roll is how the conversation plays out.

Edited by Hreimdal

Are the Lightside/Darkside choices similar to Mass Effect, where the conversation may go a different direction, you may intimidate instead of ask nicely, but is the end effect the same?

Or is it like... Skyrim or something, where your rewards are different based on how you acted leading up to the end of the quest/flashpoint?

What I am getting at, is if there is a concern of "trolls" that will always choose the darkside choice as Republic, or Lightside choice as Empire, and if it really matters.