Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When would you fall to the Darkside ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
When would you fall to the Darkside ?

VigDiath
01.05.2013 , 10:28 AM | #21
I would fall to the dark side as soon as you told me I couldn't get married and start a family of my own

I understand Jedi are similar to monks in a lot of ways, forgoing attachments and desires of the flesh. But truth be told, I love women lol. Not sure I could give that up no matter what amount of training. True, if I was raised in the Order since birth, I'm sure it would be much easier. But, a lot of Jedi are raised in the Order since birth and many succumb to the dark side because of attachments, love, lust, desire for power. The power of the booty is too strong!!
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Beniboybling
01.05.2013 , 10:36 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
You do know Odan-Urr, yes?
Aurbere, you'd so go dark side. In a flame war between you and MasterMe over Revan you'd just unleash a barrage of Force lightning, screaming "CONCEDE!"

Me for one. I'd reject 'light' and 'dark' and go my own path. There is only the Force after all. I would not adhere to any code, or a single idea. However my desire for power would probably drive me down the path of the dark side, I'd certainly dabble in Sith magic, and become an explorer, searching Sith tombs and Jedi temples, and combining the underworld for ancient relics. But I'd never be Sith, not truly, codes are not for me. I'd probably be more like this guy.

Aurbere
01.05.2013 , 11:00 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Aurbere, you'd so go dark side. In a flame war between you and MasterMe over Revan you'd just unleash a barrage of Force lightning, screaming "CONCEDE!"

Me for one. I'd reject 'light' and 'dark' and go my own path. There is only the Force after all. I would not adhere to any code, or a single idea. However my desire for power would probably drive me down the path of the dark side, I'd certainly dabble in Sith magic, and become an explorer, searching Sith tombs and Jedi temples, and combining the underworld for ancient relics. But I'd never be Sith, not truly, codes are not for me. I'd probably be more like this guy.
Probably! lol

But personally, I prefer to learn rather than fight. Go the route of Odan-Urr and study the great mysteries of The Force. Make myself a Great Library as well.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
01.05.2013 , 11:26 AM | #24
Probably! lol

But personally, I prefer to learn rather than fight. Go the route of Odan-Urr and study the great mysteries of The Force. Make myself a Great Library as well.
Agreed, although when busting ancient tombs and temples a lightsaber might come in handy...

Aurbere
01.05.2013 , 11:29 AM | #25
Agreed, although when busting ancient tombs and temples a lightsaber might come in handy...
Indeed. I could just bring some archeologists, but they might accidentally destroy some artifacts.

Then I would fall to the Dark Side. Stupid archeologists destroying artifacts.

"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

TalonVII
01.05.2013 , 01:35 PM | #26
Indeed. I could just bring some archeologists, but they might accidentally destroy some artifacts.

Then I would fall to the Dark Side. Stupid archeologists destroying artifacts.

Don't worry aurbre, you could just hire me to defend the library by any means necessary I'd go to the darkside to protect the greatest knowledge in the universe.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

Aurbere
01.05.2013 , 01:55 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Don't worry aurbre, you could just hire me to defend the library by any means necessary I'd go to the darkside to protect the greatest knowledge in the universe.
Yessss. Together we could collect all the knowledge in the galaxy!

BradTheImpaler
01.05.2013 , 01:56 PM | #28
I know the OP said to keep 'real life politics' out of it, but if I fell to the dark side it would likely be for political reasons. I'd generally stick to the Jedi teachings in a lot of ways (i.e. nonattachment), but making them the sworn protectors not of the people directly, per se, but of an inevitably corrupted body of "representatives", is just asking for problems.

So I'd stand by the Jedi teachings in many ways but object to its tying itself to the Republic. Maybe I'd join up with Dooku and try to usurp and reform the Separatist cause, or something. Or just join Edge-9.

Aside from that I agree with Aurbere. Especially in any era in which the Temple is standing. No way I'd pass up the opportunity to study/train at the largest archives in the galaxy!
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

Beniboybling
01.05.2013 , 02:25 PM | #29
Yessss. Together we could collect all the knowledge in the galaxy!
Lol, is the library open to the public? Cause I might just turn up and steal a few holocrons....

BradTheImpaler
01.05.2013 , 02:34 PM | #30
Lol, is the library open to the public? Cause I might just turn up and steal a few holocrons....
Jedi only, according to Wookieepedia!
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.