Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People Using General Chat in Wargames

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
People Using General Chat in Wargames

Talsalus
01.04.2013 , 03:10 PM | #1
I /facepalmed when I was just in a wargames civil war match. We had a stealthy try to ninja a node. He decided it would be a good idea to announce this in general chat "bout to ninja snow". Needless to say, the enemy team rofled and stopped his attempt.

Please use ops chat in wargames.

Has anyone had this happen? tell your story.

Arlon_Nabarlly
01.04.2013 , 03:12 PM | #2
From my experience this usually happens due to a known bug where the player doesn't join ops chat. Typically in PvP you're auto in ops chat and anything you type will go into ops so you don't pay attention to if you're really in ops chat. The bug puts you in general chat only and even /ops will not let you join. You have to ctrl+u twice and this normally fixes it.

Joesixxpack
01.04.2013 , 03:27 PM | #3
I take advantage of it by putting bogus info. in gen (after making sure my team aren't dummies that believe it). Works surprisingly often.

Arlon_Nabarlly
01.04.2013 , 03:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
I take advantage of it by putting bogus info. in gen (after making sure my team aren't dummies that believe it). Works surprisingly often.
I've definitely seen this quite often. It makes me lol when I see it.

Darka
01.04.2013 , 03:30 PM | #5
Most annoying thing I find is that people tend to think the call to mark healers is just so we can put a pretty symbol on them while we ignore them

MaximusRex
01.04.2013 , 04:19 PM | #6
Most likely that annoying bug that locks you out of ops chat sometimes.

DarthBama
01.04.2013 , 04:20 PM | #7
Don't forget that general chat crosses instances. So it could always be another game going on.

Lium
01.04.2013 , 04:29 PM | #8
I am fully going to admit that I am 100% retarded because I never knew the other team could see general chat. I mean, I always make it a point to talk in ops chat anyway, but I just assumed only your team could see general because there's no cross faction communication in the open world. Like, if I'm on Tatooine I can't see what the imps are saying in general.

Am I wrong about that too?

spencer_
01.04.2013 , 04:35 PM | #9
I believe you are correct in that the opposing faction cannot see your general chat, but with War Games often happening against the same faction they can see it. On my server I'd say 2/3 of my War Zones are War Games.

itsmymillertime
01.04.2013 , 04:37 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
I am fully going to admit that I am 100% retarded because I never knew the other team could see general chat. I mean, I always make it a point to talk in ops chat anyway, but I just assumed only your team could see general because there's no cross faction communication in the open world. Like, if I'm on Tatooine I can't see what the imps are saying in general.

Am I wrong about that too?
General chat is same faction
/say is for all in local location.

So when you use it in general chat, its same faction warzone.