Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Do the target markers have meaning?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do the target markers have meaning?

Morigon's Avatar


Morigon
01.04.2013 , 12:41 AM | #1
Do the target markers have a meaning to them? Like, Fire is kill first and gun is slice droid, etc. If so, what is the system?

Thanks.

Ignicity's Avatar


Ignicity
01.04.2013 , 12:46 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Morigon View Post
Do the target markers have a meaning to them? Like, Fire is kill first and gun is slice droid, etc. If so, what is the system?

Thanks.
No.

They are there for teams to make target calling easier. You will find that different groups have different meanings for the different icons.

Darka's Avatar


Darka
01.04.2013 , 01:00 AM | #3
In a warzone for most it means ignore them and run around chasing everyone else.
Call of mark healers means put a tag on them and ignore them apparently

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
01.04.2013 , 01:04 AM | #4
not that I know off... I've seen bull's eye used a fair bit as "first kill" target and I like using lightning bolt for whirlwind cc target, but for the most part, everyone marks their own and just state that its their CC target or whatever. making it up as you go along.
eh, jumping on that refer-a-friend signature trend. you get stuff, I can stuff - click if you'd like

spectreclees's Avatar


spectreclees
01.04.2013 , 01:05 AM | #5
I got on the habit of making target reticle first target as it's the target... lol. Just made sense to me.

spencer_'s Avatar


spencer_
01.04.2013 , 01:08 AM | #6
In my guild, Fire and Target are usually used to mark who to kill and in what order, while Cog and Bolt usually mark CC.

Lightsaber and Gun usually mark targets specified for Melee vs Ranged DPS.

Even in my own guild there are inconsistencies. Whoever is leading the Op explains how they're using the symbols at the beginning and we go from there.

Zataos's Avatar


Zataos
01.04.2013 , 01:16 AM | #7
I HATE when players take it upon themselves to mark half the other team, like flame over Pyros, hilt over a Jugg etc.
The Chaoticas Legacy -The Shadowlands Server - (40k kills)
(Havaos Jug 50) (Devaos Sorc 50) (Vorhen BH 50) (Venaos Sin 50) (Xaos BH 50) (Zorgen Jug 50) (Zataos Mara 50) (Gwaraos BH 50) (Xenaos Mara 42) (Tavaos Sin 50) (Jenaos Snip 41) (Scaraos Op 27) (Ravaos Jug 31) (Xinaos Sorc 32) (Dreadaos - Jug 22)

Ignicity's Avatar


Ignicity
01.04.2013 , 01:19 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zataos View Post
I HATE when players take it upon themselves to mark half the other team, like flame over Pyros, hilt over a Jugg etc.
Yea, I hate knowing what's coming at me before they take their weapon/s out too.

/sarcasm

Does it break your immersion?

Zataos's Avatar


Zataos
01.04.2013 , 02:45 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
Yea, I hate knowing what's coming at me before they take their weapon/s out too.

/sarcasm

Does it break your immersion?
So *** do you use when there are multiple healers? which there usually is, you don't need symbols to tell the difference in ACs, all you do is cause people to waste time and target non priorities cause your too slow to pick up on the differences in ACs.
The Chaoticas Legacy -The Shadowlands Server - (40k kills)
(Havaos Jug 50) (Devaos Sorc 50) (Vorhen BH 50) (Venaos Sin 50) (Xaos BH 50) (Zorgen Jug 50) (Zataos Mara 50) (Gwaraos BH 50) (Xenaos Mara 42) (Tavaos Sin 50) (Jenaos Snip 41) (Scaraos Op 27) (Ravaos Jug 31) (Xinaos Sorc 32) (Dreadaos - Jug 22)

Ignicity's Avatar


Ignicity
01.04.2013 , 02:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zataos View Post
So *** do you use when there are multiple healers? which there usually is, you don't need symbols to tell the difference in ACs, all you do is cause people to waste time and target non priorities cause your too slow to pick up on the differences in ACs.
Personally, in WZ's I only ever mark the healers, and then announce my targets in the Ops channel.

But hey, if someone wants to mark every one of the opposition up and explain all their markings for the group, I don't have a problem.

But then again, I don't normally need an Icon to tell who's healing (it's for the ease and assistance of the team).