Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

sick of all the bugs in this game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
sick of all the bugs in this game

Darth-Rammstein
01.03.2013 , 11:43 PM | #1
Heres a list I've been encountering just lately.

kicked to character selection screen upon leaving a wz, ops frames overlapping scoreboard or any other tab I open, inspecting someone elses gear results in just looking at my own gear unless I dismiss my companion?....again these are just added onto the old ones plaguing the playerbase since launch. I've been patient but it's starting to get on my nerves since it's every **** time I log on.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five ----> The Ebon Hawk
http://www.swtor.com/r/RC8V8V New and Old players welcome to use my referral for rewards, much appreciated.

LeonBraun
01.03.2013 , 11:55 PM | #2
The bugs really should be of more concern to EA/BioWare. Having constant bugs makes a game with a lot of potential look like it is run by amateurs, or removes any doubt, if in fact it is.

It's these kinds of things, plus some really poor decisions made by the game management that has been holding back TOR from really achieving AAA MMO status. There is a reason a game like WoW is king, and has been for years.
Honalee - Guild Leader of Midnight Sunrise - The Harbinger Server

The Lightwarder Legacy - The Harbinger Server Honalee - Honaloo - Hona - Panidora
Spyce - Cadogan - Praksas - Ratigan

WookieIsshe
01.04.2013 , 12:01 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Heres a list I've been encountering just lately.

kicked to character selection screen upon leaving a wz, ops frames overlapping scoreboard or any other tab I open, inspecting someone elses gear results in just looking at my own gear unless I dismiss my companion?....again these are just added onto the old ones plaguing the playerbase since launch. I've been patient but it's starting to get on my nerves since it's every **** time I log on.
I have yet to encounter the bugs you mentioned and I have played almost every day since beta and early access.

FattyMcElbows
01.04.2013 , 12:12 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by WookieIsshe View Post
I have yet to encounter the bugs you mentioned and I have played almost every day since beta and early access.
I love the "I haven't experienced something so it must not exist" attitude.

Jeweledleah
01.04.2013 , 12:17 AM | #5
keep reporting the bugs so that the developers are aware of what they need to fix. bear in mind that some bugs even if they seem simple - can take a very long time to fix, simply because they cannot figure out exactly which piece of code causes them and possibly don't want to break something else by implementing a rushed fix (which HAS happened before).

that said, having been playing variety of MMO's for years (not to mention Bethesda and Obsidian games), I've gotten so used to dealing with bugs, I just shrug and find ways around them. its been somewhat harder to shrug of broken companion color matching, but not impossible.

SentinelDranoel
01.04.2013 , 01:35 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by FattyMcElbows View Post
Out of sight, out of mind. If I do not see any of the problems that you see, then do they exist to me?
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.

TalkingDinosaur
01.04.2013 , 01:39 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by FattyMcElbows View Post
Some of them are pretty honest. I just experienced my first crash-to-desktop today where my last one was back in Beta.

But since the holidays are over now we should see a patch coming in soon.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Ignicity
01.04.2013 , 02:00 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelDranoel View Post
Out of sight, out of mind. If I do not see any of the problems that you see, then do they exist to me?
If a tree falls in the woods ....

Yes, it made a sound!

Armynoverlord
01.04.2013 , 02:02 AM | #9
Well they don't care about the bugs. All they want to do is add SGR because to them its more important then fixing the bugs.
C.E. V.I.P. CYBORG

DerTaran
01.04.2013 , 02:13 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Armynoverlord View Post
Well they don't care about the bugs. All they want to do is add SGR because to them its more important then fixing the bugs.
They are adding some SG-flirt options for some new NPC, for that they don't have to spend any development time at all. Do you really like an aktor or author to fix bugs?
B'zycon Legacy @ JAR'KAI SWORD
Turan 60 Commando; Annakami 60 Vanguard; Orotan 55 Sentinel; Taark 55 Scoundrel; Orokriste 55 Shadow
Amitha 55 Sorcerer; Fanalba17 Sniper

Nous voulons le retour de notre CM! Wir wollen unseren CM zurück! We want our CM back!