Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help needed with HM Writhing Horror

Jarnuk
01.06.2013 , 12:07 PM | #41
We just 7 maned it and beat enrage. While I applaud all the people here who are trying to help you guys with strats; your dps needs to pick it up big time.
Reigis
APEX

thasensei
01.08.2013 , 02:09 PM | #42
A couple tips that might hep you eek out a little more DPS:
1. As others have mentioned, try keeping mDPS on the boss at all times, let your rDPS take care of the adds and JM. This cuts down on your mDPS downtime since they don't have to switch targets.

2. Try bringing the JM over near the red pool (facing away) so that he gets smacked by AoE.

3. NOTE: never tried this part, so it's theoretical - After the adds are dead, drag the JM over near the boss and continue AoE. This can get a little tricky depending on the boss's location due to JM's knockback, but it should hypothetically allow for more DPS on the boss since you're not taking the time to focus fire the male. As long as the male is dead before the next pool there's no reason to take DPS from the boss to burn the male.

Woetoo
01.09.2013 , 03:17 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by thasensei View Post
3. NOTE: never tried this part, so it's theoretical - After the adds are dead, drag the JM over near the boss and continue AoE. This can get a little tricky depending on the boss's location due to JM's knockback, but it should hypothetically allow for more DPS on the boss since you're not taking the time to focus fire the male. As long as the male is dead before the next pool there's no reason to take DPS from the boss to burn the male.
You probably don't want to do this.

The Jealous Male goes into a frenzy whenever he it within a certain distance of the boss. In effect, his damage increases. You should keep the Jealous away from the boss at all times. Though taking him near the red pools is a good idea (as long as the red pool isn't near the boss's current or "next" position).

This line intentionally left blank
Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.
I actually laughed out loud.

My SW:TOR Passions : SWTOR is F2P in name only - Varied Choices Within FPs/Ops - Cross Faction Guilds - Better Guild List Panel

Crionos
01.10.2013 , 08:58 AM | #44
what we have done on this fight is left our sentinel on Withering Horror all the way through the fight. We have two range dps, sage & commando, they aoe down the little adds in the blood pool. We put one healer in the pool first, then we put our second healer in the pool. Our second Melee DPS(Shadow) waits on the boss until the tank has the Male in place near the healer in the blood pool. After that, its a a rinse and repeat. We do not do tank swaps until the mails spawn, loss of threat in this fight for any reason causes additional adds to spawn so you need your highest dps'ng tank to start off the fight and use power adrenals, etc. Ours even puts his power relic on, clicks it, then swaps back to his defense stat relic and runs into the fight. We are nearly BiS 63 now, but we can almost beat him before the third pool, we stop dps on him to finish third pool to avoid Twisted Spawn at 13%

This video is from our Gunnery Commando's perspective. Maybe it will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfA-JcfRHnk
GM The Omega Knights

Thundergulch
01.10.2013 , 12:51 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by CountOryansen View Post
Thank you for your reply.
Indeed the issue is DPS output, but I want to know how.
The answer is yes to all except the stim/stance switch which I will employ since both tanks are biochem.
I wish I knew where our loss was, it would be so easy to figure out.
Another thing you could do is video the entire fight, and run MOX at the same time to analyze it more.
Upload the video link here so we can offer more constructive criticism to help you down it.
Parses are very helpful when trying to beat an Ops boss, and it will also help the ones that need to do more dps or heals or whatever.