Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help needed with HM Writhing Horror

CountOryansen
01.03.2013 , 10:26 PM | #1
My guild and I are running HMTFB regularly and getting stuck at 13% with the writhing horror.
We are running the strat from dulfy.net and doing everything to a T.
We all have full BH augmented and even a few 27's here and there.

Did anyone else while learning the fight seem to hit the enrage here too?
What did you all do to pick it up just that little bit ?

Count Dooku: It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force... but by our skills with a lightsaber.

Caeduz
01.03.2013 , 10:50 PM | #2
Hi there,

With BH and no one being killed along the way you shouldn't be hitting the enrager .

I know this sound harsh but sounds like one of your DPSer maybe missing something., what's classes are your DPSers? As with A Marauder putting up blood thirst and debuff from BH, etc. you SHOULD be fine.

USCG_Davis
01.03.2013 , 10:54 PM | #3
This is just a case of your dps sucking. My guild beats the WH in 4 minutes 15 seconds on average. The enrage is 5:30. If your dps can't beat that; you need a new guild
Atrýss Leggo'my-agro Haji'go-boom Chive-on Sweetims
I'carry-baddies I'carry-scrubs I'cause-QQ

I_Sithed_MyPants
01.03.2013 , 11:23 PM | #4
As far as I'm aware, when I run a timer for my guild the enrage timer is 5:45.

What you can try doing (if you only use dps for the red pools) is having a Merc or Operative healer standing in the first red pool, this gives the dps a bit more time to attack the boss. Using this method we have the Writhing Horror dead before the 4th red pool.

Although, if you're struggling on the enrage timer for this fight, which is fairly generous, and are all 61 / 63 geared, your dps just aren't putting out enough damage. Ask them to enable combat logs on the fight and to upload them to www.torparse.com, if they're below 1400 you will have problems.

If your dps are 61/63 geared and below 1400 on that fight, then it's their rotation.
Thuviel
<PC Gamer Mint Imperials>

R.I.P <Antisocial Elitists> I shall miss thee

Kytea
01.03.2013 , 11:26 PM | #5
Using a team parser (Mox in raid mode) will help to identify which dps is coming up short.
It's not impossible. It's just improbable.

I_Sithed_MyPants
01.03.2013 , 11:28 PM | #6
mox is good, but if you don't have a good enough computer to run mox and swtor together it can cause a lot of lag. When I used it in 16 man ec hm it was horrible
Thuviel
<PC Gamer Mint Imperials>

R.I.P <Antisocial Elitists> I shall miss thee

USCG_Davis
01.04.2013 , 12:05 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by I_Sithed_MyPants View Post
As far as I'm aware, when I run a timer for my guild the enrage timer is 5:45.
You are correct. My bad
Atrýss Leggo'my-agro Haji'go-boom Chive-on Sweetims
I'carry-baddies I'carry-scrubs I'cause-QQ

NotRonin
01.04.2013 , 12:38 AM | #8
The easiest mistake to make is to push the boss down below 15% while the other adds are still up. Wait until the third jealous male is dead and you should be fine.

wadecounty
01.04.2013 , 12:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by NotRonin View Post
The easiest mistake to make is to push the boss down below 15% while the other adds are still up. Wait until the third jealous male is dead and you should be fine.
This. We've had issues lately of too much DPS, during the 3rd pool we push him below 15% and now we have the little adds, the jealous male, and the extra adds from the burn phase all at once, which can be too much to handle.

If you're close to the 3rd pool (you'll know you're close when boss returns to where you tank him at the start of the fight), stop DPS at around 20% and just kill the adds before going back to the boss. If you're hitting 4 pools you're probably hitting hard enrage, as it happens just after the 4th pool.

Sydexlic
01.04.2013 , 07:08 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CountOryansen View Post
My guild and I are running HMTFB regularly and getting stuck at 13% with the writhing horror.
We are running the strat from dulfy.net and doing everything to a T.
We all have full BH augmented and even a few 27's here and there.

Did anyone else while learning the fight seem to hit the enrage here too?
What did you all do to pick it up just that little bit ?
As others have posted already, taking WH below 15% after the 3rd male is dead is crucial. Other things you can try is stacking in the melee group for AoE heals and full coverage on your group from gunslinger/sniper shields can make a difference too. Make sure your tanks are AoE taunting whenever there are several adds running free in the raid.