Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gaming on Retina Macbook Pro... My fingers are roasting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gaming on Retina Macbook Pro... My fingers are roasting

Master_Dark
01.03.2013 , 11:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterPerseus View Post
I tried bootcamp first, and the machine literally gets too hot for my fingers to use. I now have it open in parallels, and it's not nearly as hot, but still a little warm and has worse performance.
Macbook Pro doesn't get that hot you better call apple cause Macbooks normally have 2 fans working at the same time your device most be malfunctioning.

MasterPerseus
01.03.2013 , 11:54 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Dark View Post
Macbook Pro doesn't get that hot you better call apple cause Macbooks normally have 2 fans working at the same time your device most be malfunctioning.
It may indeed be malfunctioning but can't be sure until someone with a retina macbook pro clarifies!

ckoneful
01.04.2013 , 12:30 AM | #13
Jesus, just take it to the store. It won't cost you anything, there's obviously a problem as multiple Macbook Pro users have told you.

At this point it looks like you're trying to get a "lol who games on a mac?" troll going.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

SinRMcSinR
01.04.2013 , 12:35 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
Jesus, just take it to the store. It won't cost you anything, there's obviously a problem as multiple Macbook Pro users have told you.

At this point it looks like you're trying to get a "lol who games on a mac?" troll going.
Indeed. My troll senses are tingling with excitement
The McSinR Legacy of Harbinger. Just a burned out raider turned casual, don't mind me.

We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.
Founder, DDE VIP , Pre-Orderer for SWTOR and RotHC

NogueiraA
01.04.2013 , 12:40 AM | #15
Are you guys blaming the game? Really?

Blame the **** cooler system of Macbooks.

firestarter
01.04.2013 , 01:16 AM | #16
Been gaming with my 17" MBP for over a year with bootcamp.
Played STO these days almost every day. Used an external keyboard and mouse.
The macbook was gettin hot as hell and the fans were dancing tango. Was np though.
MBP is still running perfectly. Never had problems with it gettin so hot.
The Red Eclipse

Tribbles- Assault Commando

Lythos
01.04.2013 , 04:06 AM | #17
Are you using a Notebook/laptop Cooling Pad? If not then go buy one. Gaming on any laptop will heat it up. Some more than others. Its completely normal.

MasterPerseus
01.04.2013 , 09:41 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Lythos View Post
Are you using a Notebook/laptop Cooling Pad? If not then go buy one. Gaming on any laptop will heat it up. Some more than others. Its completely normal.
Cooling pad kept the bottom of the retina macbook cool, but didn't stop the keys from burning up. I'm a little further out from an apple store, so I called tech support this morning and left a ticket.

bahdasz
01.04.2013 , 09:45 AM | #19
ROFL....

That will tell you something about how awsome Mac is. Buy a real computer.

Sousukesama
01.04.2013 , 10:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
ROFL....

That will tell you something about how awsome Mac is. Buy a real computer.
Cause PCs never have issues...

I don't own a Mac or have ever owned Mac simply because of the higher cost, but i'm not naive enough to believe that PCs are the be all end all.

Macs tend to last longer, perform better, and installing Windows on them to play games.. I'd much rather have a Mac than a PC. I just don't feel like shelling out twice the cash unless Video Gaming was my job.