Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode "manners"

kirorx
01.11.2013 , 02:25 PM | #221
Not everyone acts like this but as a tank I see it alot. I also have Been here since beta and have done these a million times. I understand that people want to rush but IMO they forget that it supposed to be fun. I already have a job SWTOR is a game. I skip stuff or I spend an hour on black talon what difference does it make if I am having run playing with other people.

There are a ton of whiners in this game more than I am used to. There are also som cool people but you get the good with the bad

Just if you have not done something tell your group if they whine too much just ignore them and continue on. Sometimes is easier to kill the mobs then to skip them

Hey if your on ebon hawk I will group with you
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

IAmViiOLENT
01.12.2013 , 11:10 AM | #222
Just going to throw my 2c in here..

As an annihilation marauder, I've soloed every HM FP aside from LI and Kaon. It's not a big deal, plenty of people have done it. My point here, is that you would think my chances of success would increase dramatically with a full GF queue. More people = more damage/heals right? Wrong. I don't want to be elitist, but if you're new, say so. I will quickly explain mechanics, easy strats, and tell you to follow my ***. If I have 2 other Guildies in there, chances are you won't even have to do them if you didn't tell us you were new, but by telling us you were new we'll purposely make sure you get the experience you need. It's not like we're going to wipe unless you manage to extricate our healer off a cliff.

Abiggath
01.12.2013 , 04:16 PM | #223
This

Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
So this is a bit of a rant:

(SHORT VERSION AT BOTTOM)

Today i spent a total of 5 hours waiting for flashpoint groups to join and do hard mode stuff.

I managed to get into 9 Flashpoint groups and it seems to me i find the few people that should not play games.

they are:
A: inconsiderate
B: Ignorant
C: Uncooperative
D: Whiny

SHORT VERSION:

Im tired of how stuck-up people are during hard-mode flashpoints. worrying about for fast to get through a convo, or about accidentally pulling a few enemies to the group for help. and i get kicked for all these dumb reasons
Akorilis - Sith Juggernaut Tank - 50
Alikara - Sith Sorceress Healer - 50
Angder - Sith Assasin Tank - leveling

COOLak
04.06.2013 , 08:54 PM | #224
So true.

Just reached 50 and tried to do some hard mode FPs. So far no one is done.
Each time I either was put to an uncooperative team which led to a major waste of time resulting in a failure, or to a team of arrogant nerds who kicked and insulted me just because I said a thing they considered as stupid. I wish them to burn in hell >.<

Jossajus
04.07.2013 , 02:10 AM | #225
Whew! Made it through all 23 pages of this thread, and I have to say that the OP throws the term "elitest" around a lot and tends to insult the people who disagree with her, even if they were kind about it in their posts. Now, I would never go through the time and effort of getting my entire guild to ignore you, if I did a HM FP where you intentionally pulled mobs I'd probably just kick you. You do damage. I pull mobs. Don't step on my toes and I won't step on yours. When I run a FP as a tank, I assume that everyone has run it before unless it is explicitly stated otherwise. I also assume that everyone has Speeder Piloting III and a speeder to match. I also assume that everyone is competent enough to watch me and follow where I go and to not get behind.

I also expect ALL DPS, even if it is their first run in a particular FP to know a few basics:
1) Basic kill order. Start with weaks --> Strongs --> Elites --> Champions
2) To NOT break CC's. If an enemy is CC'd, I have no aggro built on it and if CC breaks because of a single AOE, odds are it's going for either the DPS or the Healer.
3) To use their CC's and abilities as they are meant to be used. I shouldn't have to target or ask for every CC. If we've CC'd the other 6 Champion droids, you can bet your hat that the 7th will be CC'd as well.
4) I'm not a spacebar freak, I try to remember, but honestly most of them are so short I forget that they are skippable. Esseles and BT should be spacebarred without fail every time. The convos add an hour to the FP.
5) If you pull aggro on a boss cause they've CC'd me, and they don't come back to me as soon as I come back, that means my taunts are on CD. Use your threat dump pls.
6) To NEVER stand in a circle unless it has a Republic or Imperial insignia in the middle.
7) NEED for yourself, GREED for comps (unless you have permission to do otherwise), and GREED/PASS for everything else at your discretion.
8) To work as a team. DPS should divide and conquer weak enemies and focus fire on strongs and above. I shouldn't have one DPS wailing on one Elite while the other DPS is wailing on another.

If you've noticed, all of these are things a DPS should learn within their first run through Hammer Station, SM, the LVL 16 one. To not do these things by lvl 50 shows that you are just lazy and/or incompetent. And if a DPS ( or healer, for that matter ) keeps on doing these things, I will be tempted to initiate a vote to kick. But TBH, the only thing I kick / ignore for is gear ninja-ing.

However, accidentally pulling mobs and/or getting stuck is an entirely different story. It happens to the best of us and will happen at least once during a FP. It's to be expected in PuG's.

As for your gear, Tionese is more than sufficient to run through any Tier 1 HMFP.

EDIT: One last thing. A tank or healer might get away with going against the grain of a group (NOT spacebarring, etc.) but there are dozens of DPS just waiting to take your place. And you ignoring me isn't a big deal. You get enough tanks / healers to ignore you, you will have a very long queue time indeed. You may find it nigh impossible to get a Group Finder OP.

EDIT 2: Not to be a jerk, but why are you founding guilds when you don't even have a single 50? That would be like becoming a priest without reading the Bible. The other ppl in your guild will come to you for guidance / help and you should be able to give it to them. It's part of the responsibilities that come with that "Empress" title you're so fond of.

MattzLadd
04.07.2013 , 03:23 AM | #226
I hit 50 on my SI a few days ago and now I have been doing the HM's and working my way up the gear ladders.
In response to the OP, I believe that sure - some of the things your groups would have done are wrong, but with almost all 50's on HM's (including myself) are always going to skip conversations. So if you want them to the EM of the Flashpoint or Story Mode as that is made for story of course.

To your combat problem, it appears you are DPS and so I understand that. You have to understand that people don't want FP's to take very long anymore, and bonus missions are irrelevant because there is now no more xp gain (until Sunday) so if there is a way to get around fights people know about them and use them, if you are new to HM then you best hop on your speeder and follow suit - AND it saves time.
Your group probably just thought you had done the FP's before as many have and so they would not come back to help you.

I have not shared yet my combat aggro or whatever, but since this is my first 50 and I am a healer, I don't usually get complaints about drawing enemies because all the groups I have been in have supported me and if we have had several groups we have (just) pulled through.
The only real advice I can say is to play it like most play it to make the experience more fun for everyone.

Hope that helps

mcslack
04.07.2013 , 06:30 AM | #227
I feel for ya. When I started(founder) I didnt know how to play. It was ugly to say the least. But some groups I played with were fantastic and helped to learn. Some were not. Crap happens and u just gota move on.
There r some seriously delusional peeps that play this game and believe it to actually matter. The way some go off and come unglued about a simple trash pull or not skipping leads me 2 think they need time away in quiet room. A place where pills and straight jackets are plentifull.
Maybe an option in GF with 2 check boxes. Box # 1- i like 2 play with evry1 and am stable minded/ Box # 2-im elletz n if u mess me up by not skiipin or pullin thn ima rip u apart.

PS- I still dont get it. U super Eleetz r in full 63 armor and cry like little babies about a trash mob. Im mean really ***? How in hell did u take down HM octopuss or NIM Lizard guy but cant kill a simple trash pull LMAO

zzoorrzz
04.07.2013 , 06:38 AM | #228
I'm really starting to think this has to have something to do with a server, because as I'm new lvl 50 as well and played about 15-20 HMs so far (all random groups), most of them 1 or 2 times, I haven't seen this behaviour the OP is talking about once. I've met only wonderful people always waiting and looking back if everybody saw the right way and killing accidental pulls without complaining about that. And when I'll be more experienced I will do just the same thing because this is as it should be IMO as long as people are trying.

DarknessInLight
04.07.2013 , 08:34 AM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
i never said i was complaining. i never said a thing to them about complaining. and yes i did ask for help and they still left me there.

and i was following the leader very well, i got caught between a rock and a wall and couldnt move. that wasnt my fault.

and not to mention i got ratted off for my gear. i honestly dont care, because i got the level 50 gear from the fleet, ripped the mods off those and put them on my revan stuff. its the exact same stats and people were complaining i wasnt at 14k health. uhm... i was at 13900 and im a marauder... and i didnt want to use the tionese because it looks dumb.
You have every right to rip mods out of the elder gear and put it into whatever modifiable shells you want to. It's your toon. You should educate them and tell them that

A. The reason youre not at 14000+ hp is because, atm, the set bonuses do NOT follow when you rip the mods out. That should change with 2.0 or a upcoming update to the game. I know that the set bonuses are for your abilities, but you do also end up with about an extra 1000 hp with the base shells.

B. It is a team game, and they should help you get the mob you picked up off of you, but some people are going to be idiots and there isn't much you can do about it. Occasionally you will find that group that works really well and understands teamwork. Friend these people so you have someone to contact and run with if they are on. Better still, get in and run with a Guild. These people typically are more inclined to help you become a better player.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

buffgfc
04.07.2013 , 09:05 AM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
Not everyone acts like this but as a tank I see it alot. I also have Been here since beta and have done these a million times. I understand that people want to rush but IMO they forget that it supposed to be fun. I already have a job SWTOR is a game. I skip stuff or I spend an hour on black talon what difference does it make if I am having run playing with other people.

There are a ton of whiners in this game more than I am used to. There are also som cool people but you get the good with the bad

Just if you have not done something tell your group if they whine too much just ignore them and continue on. Sometimes is easier to kill the mobs then to skip them

Hey if your on ebon hawk I will group with you
this.

i only hit 50 on my main last week, and personally i've found the groups on hm the same as sm - mixed. most groups are grand, i explain i haven't been through before, even though i'm a tank someoe else leads. i **** up and die because i go off course, people laugh etc.

in other groups, the uber freaks whine and complain that it's taking longer than 15 minutes to complete. likewise in sm there are the same guys "SPACEBAR!!!!!!!!" ing it the whole way through. no, i want to watch the cutscenes if it's my first time through. i can understand HM players wanting people to spacebar because there are alternative ways to watch the cutscenes, and hm players are running the same flashpoints much more often than sm players.

but it works both ways - not only are there people who refuse to help, there are also people who refuse to listen to help and just run off and do their own thing (moreso in SM), and there are also just plain ignorant people. i usually just ignore if i can, leave the group and ignore if it's too big a problem. i tank and heal mainly so i'll usually get a pop pretty quick once my timer runs out. while i like to get my xp and gear quickly, i'd rather take twice as long and have fun doing it - i play the game and pay my sub to enjoy myself, not to get xp and l337 l007