Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No new mini games this year?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No new mini games this year?

Gwence
01.04.2013 , 04:16 PM | #21
oh an swoop racing in kotor was even more rail than the current space missions are, which by the way are a mini game u can do, and judging by how much moaning people do about space missions cuz they suck too much to beat the new ones, I would guess people would ***** about swoop racing too.

because all it would be is another rail type race, they're not going to develop some massive racing game within another game.

zElmTree
01.04.2013 , 04:21 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwence View Post
I wouldnt call swoop racing integral part of kotor, was some side quest u could do if u wanted on some of the planets, but wasnt required cept on taris iirc

I never even bothered with the swoop racing in kotor 2
It was something to do besides the main quest. It was fun and it made you a good amount of credits. I say it was a integral part of Kotor because of the Taurus mission. There were so many other ways we could have saved Bastila but it had to be a swoop race. BioWare did that for a reason...they wanted us to play it at least once. It was important to them. Why it's not in this game and barely even mentioned besides some little area on taris is beyond me.
THE STARGOD LEGACY
Captain Apollo, Gunslinger I Lyte, Sentinel I Nova, Commando
Rain, Powertech

MillionsKNives
01.04.2013 , 04:27 PM | #23
Ah, I must have missed the part of the State of the Game message that said, "This is us disclosing every single thing we're currently working on for the game. Nothing was missed, so if you don't see what you wanted then don't expect it." Good catch.

zElmTree
01.04.2013 , 04:52 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
Ah, I must have missed the part of the State of the Game message that said, "This is us disclosing every single thing we're currently working on for the game. Nothing was missed, so if you don't see what you wanted then don't expect it." Good catch.
I'm not saying this everything that's going to be implemented this year in the future. What I'm saying is most likely these are the biggest things that are going to be implemented this year. Mini games are a pretty big step. They probably would have mentioned something about future mini games to look forward to if they were coming soon.
THE STARGOD LEGACY
Captain Apollo, Gunslinger I Lyte, Sentinel I Nova, Commando
Rain, Powertech

HiddenPalm
01.04.2013 , 05:44 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by zElmTree View Post
I've had Kotor and Kotor 2 since the day both of those came out (big star wars fan). I absolutely loved those in the game and THATS why I'm so frustrated that those games aren't in this one.

I mean come on, Swoop Racing was a big part of KOTOR...it should be here! The literal only mention to swoop racing this game has is a little area in Taris that's run down like the rest of the planet. Did the races die or something over the years?
Did you really like swoop racing in Kotor? Swoop racing in SWG was much better. Pazaak ... never met anyone who could beat me. Find me on SWTOR Pazaak Cantina. I'm a beast!
The Grassroots Jedi Movement
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." - King
APPLICATION * www.GrassrootsJedi.org *
We are the very first and only Anti-War Guild for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

arunav
01.04.2013 , 06:25 PM | #26
You have to be high, on something really good, to think there will be mini-games introduced with the current support EA has given SWTOR.

They can't even keep the in-game MAIL working. BW does not have the staff to make significant content additions to the game, aside from what we've been getting since launch.

PvP? By year's end next year, you'll have 6-8 WZs instead of 5. Ilum will have something on it, but it won't be open world PvP. Yay.

PVE? There will be a couple more Operations, and Makeb to play through repeatedly.

And you can do your dailies, and play through an equivalent event of the Grand Acquisitions Race again. Then actually do the Grand Acquisitions Race again!

That's it folks.

/end obvious

darhsteel
01.04.2013 , 07:05 PM | #27
i am sad to hear no talk of minigames on the state of the game post. if we have to have crappy space rail combat,cant we at least have some minigames? Sabacc,podracing,Dejarik...