Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No new mini games this year?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No new mini games this year?

Altyrell
01.03.2013 , 09:48 PM | #11
Read the article closer, as it says "Speaking of the future – we have two excellent updates coming your way in the upcoming months." ie NEAR Future as in the next few months or so. At no point did they say that that was all that they were going to do for the ENTIRE year of 2013, just that is what they have coming for the BEGINNING Months of the year 2013

And the Expansion is released in the Spring & last I checked, Spring comes after Winter and before Summer. I'm pretty sure that we [USA] are still in the Winter Season.

zElmTree
01.03.2013 , 09:55 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
Read the article closer, as it says "Speaking of the future – we have two excellent updates coming your way in the upcoming months." ie NEAR Future as in the next few months or so. At no point did they say that that was all that they were going to do for the ENTIRE year of 2013, just that is what they have coming for the BEGINNING Months of the year 2013
I take it you're new here...

BioWare ALWAYS says that!

That was there goal for SOOO many things last year, and barely anything made their deadlines.

In fact, almost everything they planned for EARLY 2011 was spread all throughout the year.

What you read, is most likely what you are going to get this year.

But who knows, a lot of BioWare from last year is gone...maybe the new team is better with making deadlines....
THE STARGOD LEGACY
Captain Apollo, Gunslinger I Lyte, Sentinel I Nova, Commando
Rain, Powertech

Jandi
01.03.2013 , 10:00 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by zElmTree View Post
I've had Kotor and Kotor 2 since the day both of those came out (big star wars fan). I absolutely loved those in the game and THATS why I'm so frustrated that those games aren't in this one.

I mean come on, Swoop Racing was a big part of KOTOR...it should be here! The literal only mention to swoop racing this game has is a little area in Taris that's run down like the rest of the planet. Did the races die or something over the years?
Probably the racers died, then the races. :P

Implementing swoop racing would be a huge undertaking and I don't really see them having the resources to make it happen. Pazaak though wouldn't really be so big but I think they have more pressing matters to work on before the life boats sink as well.

zElmTree
01.03.2013 , 10:08 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Probably the racers died, then the races. :P

Implementing swoop racing would be a huge undertaking and I don't really see them having the resources to make it happen. Pazaak though wouldn't really be so big but I think they have more pressing matters to work on before the life boats sink as well.
I agree. It would be a huge undertaking, but in the end I think it would pay off for sure.

And I have to disagree, many people I think would play pazaak. I think the people who currently PvP at 50 would definitely play it in their free time instead of just doing nothing on the fleet, as well as casuals who are less inclined to PvP. Pazaak is a casual, fun game for everyone! It would be popular!
THE STARGOD LEGACY
Rain, Powertech

TheSeventhJedi
01.03.2013 , 11:02 PM | #15
I would much rather engage in these mini-games as a 50 than queue for yet another random HM - and I only do ops once a week with my guild. Give me something to do with my main!
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

jedimasterjac
01.03.2013 , 11:05 PM | #16
I doubt swoop racing will be soon. Pazaak I would play, and Dejarik. At least put some RP tables for it. Or working seats.
Quote: Originally Posted by Atticus Finch
“Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It's knowing you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.”

AgentJacen
01.03.2013 , 11:24 PM | #17
I agree. SWTOR needs better things for Lvl 50s to do than stand on the Fleet in the Group Finder queue. BioWare, give us mini games or get infected by my Rakghoul friend! Lol.
"Only I've been both Jedi and Sith, and found clarity in the force." -Revan

Master_Dark
01.03.2013 , 11:48 PM | #18
When is bioware going to bring Pazaak and Swoop Race over to this MMO..

zElmTree
01.04.2013 , 04:08 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
I would much rather engage in these mini-games as a 50 than queue for yet another random HM - and I only do ops once a week with my guild. Give me something to do with my main!
I agree. I would sp rather do this than just hang around the fleet waiting for queues.
THE STARGOD LEGACY
Rain, Powertech

Gwence
01.04.2013 , 04:13 PM | #20
I wouldnt call swoop racing integral part of kotor, was some side quest u could do if u wanted on some of the planets, but wasnt required cept on taris iirc

I never even bothered with the swoop racing in kotor 2