Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Constant Lag in WZ's

Hanzman
01.03.2013 , 06:34 PM | #1
Since about the 24th of December I have been getting horrible lag in all warzones. Outside of warzones, the game runs fine except for usual lag on the fleet with over 200+. The odd thing, they were fine that morning but have gotten progressively worse. All I like to do is PVP so I do not do any PVE group content.

- I monitored my ping in the last warzone I was in and it was a constant 53-39 MS. This happens to be my usual ping in most areas. My FPS was 5 !!!
- My internet connection is fine (I work for my ISP). The game performs decent outside of warzones.
- I have tried MULTIPLE clean boots of windows 7 and MULTIPLE clean installs of my video drivers (non beta)
- I have run the repair launcher MULTIPLE times with no luck
- I have reinstalled the game with no luck (downloading patches took forever)

Please reset the servers or something, this is ridiculous. I can't believe I'm paying for this.

DxDiag
Spoiler

Hanzman
01.03.2013 , 08:37 PM | #2
/bump

Ceasaigh
01.03.2013 , 08:40 PM | #3
Let me guess Comcast internet right?
Jedi Guardian Ceasaigh
<Working as Intended>
"The Hawk Legacy"
Jedi Covenant

Hanzman
01.04.2013 , 05:10 AM | #4
Not Comcast. I did see your post on the Verizon backbone.

Ceasaigh
01.04.2013 , 11:27 AM | #5
Yeah it corrected it self around 130am EST.

Never did see anything about it being down but there was excessive traffic on the East coast backbones last night.

Good web site to look at

http://www.internethealthreport.com/
Jedi Guardian Ceasaigh
<Working as Intended>
"The Hawk Legacy"
Jedi Covenant

Hanzman
01.04.2013 , 06:46 PM | #6
Unfortunately, that was not the issue... it is still there, mostly in heavy populated areas.

Since playing warzones is out of the question due to this issue I've been alt leveling. I have however tried a few tweeks with my graphics settings all with no change in FPS. The biggest disappointment, I have had issues like this off and on and they come and go with maintenance cycles (or lack of) and patches.

I've been spending more time trying to see if the problem is on my end then actually playing.

Hanzman
01.09.2013 , 06:27 AM | #7
After dealing with FPS issues off and on for the better part of 2 months I think I found what is causing my issue. I'm posting this in the hopes it will help others.

After trying all kinds of tweaks and settings I finally decided to try the advice of a friend and remove my RAM one at a time to see if one or both may have been corrupted. All the hardware diagnostics I ran said everything was clean and good, but that was not the case. I removed one of the modules and loaded the computer with 1 chip and low and behold the game loaded and is running at normal FPS.

I went from 10 fps on my ship, 5 fps entering combat ... to the usual 70+ FPS in PVE and 30 in warzones. I will have to purchase more ram, but the game is running fine on 4 GB for me at the moment.

I hope this helps someone.

sxdrugsrocknroll
01.09.2013 , 11:08 AM | #8
have they fixed the comcast problem yet?