Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR future at IGN (stuff we know already, title edited)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR future at IGN (stuff we know already, title edited)

Hiramas
01.03.2013 , 02:43 PM | #1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...publics-future

Just posted by IGN. So there will be a lot more endgame content in the upcoming year, the ilum revamp we heared about, same gender romances with Makeb NPCs and some more stuff.

But again, it is very little concrete stuff and there is nothing in sight that will really change the problems we all face.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game immensely, but there are issues and it seems BW does not plan on adressing stuff that is more to the core. The future will be additions, not revamps (except Ilum)

On the plus side, there is the promise to diversify not only the core PvE endgame but generally high level activities. A Space revamp could still be somewhere behind the horizon....

DIscuss
Republic Jedi Guardian - former RP-PVP Jen'Jidal
Can you please give us Server Transfers, so I can get back to a RP Server? Thanks.

SithVeritas
01.03.2013 , 02:55 PM | #2
You either mislinked or misunderstood that article, he's just covering State of the Game #2 which is on the main page, no interview.

Jacen_Starsolo
01.03.2013 , 02:58 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SithVeritas View Post
You either mislinked or misunderstood that article, he's just covering State of the Game #2 which is on the main page, no interview.
Exactly. IGN covering what is already stickied here.

DarkkChaos
01.03.2013 , 02:58 PM | #4
Nope...he's got the right link - but you are correct..........there is nothing in that article that we haven't already read in the SOG#2 article.

IGN has a broader audience than just people who would normally see the SOG information via this site............it's a re-post of what's here....but still a good thing that they are pushing TOR info to the gaming world - probably drive some more interest in the game, which is always a plus!
CTD...every 120 mins...since : 9/26/2012

Jacen_Starsolo
01.03.2013 , 02:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkkChaos View Post
Nope...he's got the right link - but you are correct..........there is nothing in that article that we haven't already read in the SOG#2 article.

IGN has a broader audience than just people who would normally see the SOG information via this site............it's a re-post of what's here....but still a good thing that they are pushing TOR info to the gaming world - probably drive some more interest in the game, which is always a plus!
By the comments posted so far there, it's more like TOR is more of a laughing matter to people not in the game.

Hiramas
01.03.2013 , 03:00 PM | #6
I'm sorry, it seems I was a little too quick.
And it seems I should read more stickies.....
Apologies...
Republic Jedi Guardian - former RP-PVP Jen'Jidal
Can you please give us Server Transfers, so I can get back to a RP Server? Thanks.

TUXs
01.03.2013 , 03:01 PM | #7
This. He just recapped...nothing new.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Katsuragisama
01.03.2013 , 03:01 PM | #8
Quote:
"We’ve got new Operations, new Flashpoints, new difficulty modes, new PvP areas, and of course, the entire Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (which is targeted at our high level players). We have a plan mapped out for the upcoming year that will keep the elder game fresh and interesting for players of all types. Overall, we’re aiming to introduce a more diverse array of activities – more stuff to do with your Companion, more challenges to tackle with groups, and more reasons for guilds to recruit. We’ll also be improving our itemization, introducing new incentives to revisit existing areas, and a lot of other exciting things that will be revealed as we move through the upcoming year."
I would really like to see a layout of this "plan". To be honest, they've made a lot of promises in the past. Even when they announce something, it's not until 6 months or a year that we actually see something out of it. Unless we're talking about the Super Secret Space Project. Which was talked about over a year ago, and we have yet to see even a screenshot.

You can continue your hype train about upcoming content all you want. Most of us have learned the past year that we will watch at least 3 rehashed trailers about said content till then. We've gotten a few bits of content this past year, but then again half a year ago or so, a lot of people we're also laid off.

I really feel like it's more promises made to hype the game in hopes more people wont unsubscribe. The only thing I would guarantee is more Cartel Packs. That's the only thing I would bet everything on.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time... We're not gouging, but we're charging.

chuixupu
01.03.2013 , 03:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
By the comments posted so far there, it's more like TOR is more of a laughing matter to people not in the game.
This has been true of WoW for years as well....it's just par for the course.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

TUXs
01.03.2013 , 03:03 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
Yeah, the comments are quite scathing.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)