Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Music of SWTOR

overmanwarrior
01.03.2013 , 01:23 PM | #1
I have listened to the soundtracks to the films many hundreds, if not thousands of times over the last 20 years, and I still enjoy A New Hope as some of the best music ever made for a movie, or play. I know the notes and pitches instinctively as they are almost a part of my soul. Aside from that, I've played every Star Wars game made since the Atari 2600 game The Empire Strikes Back and have been amazed by the many ways that LucasArts has recycled the Star Wars soundtracks over and over again without becoming boring. With that said, I catch often some of the trilogy music while playing The Old Republic mixed with new music made exclusively for this game and I have to admire the great work at bringing those musical compositions together in such a new way.

The music in TOR is fantastic. It's never too overwhelming, but it fits the background of the story perfectly and does a great job of fitting in seemlessly with the known Star Wars universe. It has a primal quality that does feel like a story that takes place 3000 years before A New Hope without sounding like a story removed from the films. Music is one of those things that if its done poorly can remind players that they aren't in that particular fictional reality, but in this case, the music sells the story--carefully. Very impressive.

There are a lot of things I love about TOR, but the music is one of those things after many hours of playing the game that have jumped out as being one of the exceptional elements that I most enjoy.
May the Force be with you!
Rich

www.overmanwarrior.com

ArialBurnz
03.02.2013 , 10:45 PM | #2
I would have to agree with you. Although, I'm not fond of a lot of the Cantina tunes. For the most part, the music in the game does indeed fit with the atmosphere John Williams created in the original soundtracks for the movies.

OddballEasyEight
03.02.2013 , 11:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by overmanwarrior View Post
I have listened to the soundtracks to the films many hundreds, if not thousands of times over the last 20 years, and I still enjoy A New Hope as some of the best music ever made for a movie, or play. I know the notes and pitches instinctively as they are almost a part of my soul. Aside from that, I've played every Star Wars game made since the Atari 2600 game The Empire Strikes Back and have been amazed by the many ways that LucasArts has recycled the Star Wars soundtracks over and over again without becoming boring. With that said, I catch often some of the trilogy music while playing The Old Republic mixed with new music made exclusively for this game and I have to admire the great work at bringing those musical compositions together in such a new way.

The music in TOR is fantastic. It's never too overwhelming, but it fits the background of the story perfectly and does a great job of fitting in seemlessly with the known Star Wars universe. It has a primal quality that does feel like a story that takes place 3000 years before A New Hope without sounding like a story removed from the films. Music is one of those things that if its done poorly can remind players that they aren't in that particular fictional reality, but in this case, the music sells the story--carefully. Very impressive.

There are a lot of things I love about TOR, but the music is one of those things after many hours of playing the game that have jumped out as being one of the exceptional elements that I most enjoy.
Have you seen the video about how they made the music for the game?
It seems you would love that if you havent seen it already.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.