Buy RotHC with Credits (In-game item exists)

itsmymillertime

I expect this item will arrive in the inventory of the first character you login with once the patch has been applied to the server and you've entered your code from the digital pack into "my account".

Sure the item exists, they aren't suddenly going to make it available for "pretend money" after charging others real cash.

I expect this item will arrive in the inventory of the first character you login with once the patch has been applied to the server and you've entered your code from the digital pack into "my account".

Sure the item exists, they aren't suddenly going to make it available for "pretend money" after charging others real cash.

if that is true and its boe, people can put it on the gtn then.

http://db-ptr.darthhater.com/items/57138/chapter_4_rise_of_the_hutt_cartel/

It seems they made the above item but said in posts that buying the expansion will be the only way to play it. I would rather pay a couple million credits for this item than pay 10 bucks. Will they add this item later?

I'm pretty sure they already answered this. You will be able to buy this with Cartel Coins but you will only be able to pre-order through the website with $$$. Once the expansion is released, it will arrive in the Cartel Shop.

http://db-ptr.darthhater.com/items/57138/chapter_4_rise_of_the_hutt_cartel/

It seems they made the above item but said in posts that buying the expansion will be the only way to play it. I would rather pay a couple million credits for this item than pay 10 bucks. Will they add this item later?

I doubt it will be added.

The backlash from players would be tremendous and disastrous for SWTOR and the least given how BW has talked about the digital expansion.

I'm pretty sure they already answered this. You will be able to buy this with Cartel Coins but you will only be able to pre-order through the website with $$$. Once the expansion is released, it will arrive in the Cartel Shop.

Looks like I remembered wrong. It will not be available in the Cartel Shop:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5600153#edit5600153

It seems they made the above item but said in posts that buying the expansion will be the only way to play it.

It's not really an "in-game" item. This was mined from a database file but some of these items are created in advance but don't make it into the game or they change their plans for the item. So, at one point, they probably considered putting it on the market and then they changed their mind. Eventually, it will probably be on the market but not initially.

My guess is that item was created because they originally planned on putting in on the Cartel Market, this way subscribers could get it free with their stipend of coins. Based on what they said they won't be doing this and this item will probably never actually appear in game like tons of other data mined items.

It's not really an "in-game" item. This was mined from a database file but some of these items are created in advance but don't make it into the game or they change their plans for the item. So, at one point, they probably considered putting it on the market and then they changed their mind. Eventually, it will probably be on the market but not initially.

I'm sure even if they do put it in the Cartel Market, it would be BoP. They have already stated they dont want their own made up currency (Cartel Coins), as this means subscribers could possibly get it for free by saving up 2 months worth of complimentary CCs.

If they're going to label this as an "expansion", then they obviously want hard earned, real life currency. If thousands of people pre-order RotHC, and later you can just buy it off the GTN, the people who pre-ordered will be pissed, and BioWare will get a lot of backlash.

Actually, there would probably be backlash if they put it on the Cartel Market, as this means the people who pre-ordered would have paid for both their subscription and the "expansion". Where people who just save up and buy it with the CC stipend, would have only paid the sub.

Either way, I dont see the expansion ever being sold in the cartel market, as BioWare would be shooting themselves in the foot with a move like that. If anything, maybe they would have a sale for it a few months after RotHC hits, and take a few percent off the initial price, but I dont see them doing anything other than that. Then again, they've shot themselves in the foot a few times, so who knows.

My guess is that item was created because they originally planned on putting in on the Cartel Market, this way subscribers could get it free with their stipend of coins. Based on what they said they won't be doing this and this item will probably never actually appear in game like tons of other data mined items.

I wonder why people still put so much stock in data mined items when we see time and again they were there probably for placeholders. Or to troll the data miners. ;)