Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

utio's Avatar


utio
01.03.2013 , 06:17 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
What most of you seem to not be able to understand is that I am not here to debate whether or not they should be in the game. I am suggesting, in my own opinion, that there are other things that should have taken precedence. There are a good number of things that could have been done that would benefit most of the people as opposed to a small fraction of the playerbase with SGRs.
I see your point. However there are all kinds of different players in the game. Some have similar priorities, some have different priorities. Bioware can't stick to one priority, and ignore another. Everyone will get something they want, but it takes time. Sgr is something they aren't even prioritising ATM, but have made the decision to throw pro sgr players a bone. It's npc flirts, not companions. In the grand scheme of things, it's a pretty small bone.
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE

Vitas's Avatar


Vitas
01.03.2013 , 06:38 PM | #72
We know the inclusion of SGRs was to be implemented since launch. Obviously inbetween then and now they've been working on it so halting its development when it's probably half-way to being finished would be unwise. Stopping it now would mean wasted development time, something which this game can't afford.

There's already a number of other features which we know is currently in development simultaneously with SGRs ie. Ilum update, space project, whether it's a priority or not doesn't seem to be a problem. When SGRs is eventually released, it wont be the only thing that's available with the update as it'll most likely come alongside with either a new flashpoint, operation, new area etc. In the whole grand scheme of things, it will be just a brick which will be part of a greater construct.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

natashina's Avatar


natashina
01.03.2013 , 06:59 PM | #73
Here in the US, ESRB rates romantic or intimate content by degree of explicitness. What we have in SWTOR is within what is rated as T, and the rating is not affected in any way by whether it is same-gender or opposite-gender content. Why would it be? It's imaginary characters displaying non-explicit affection. Here's the official statement:

Quote: Originally Posted by ESRB
Thank you for contacting the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB). We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to write.

The ESRB is a non-profit, self-regulatory body that assigns age and content ratings for video games and mobile apps so parents can make informed choices as to which are suitable for their children and family. As part of its self-regulatory role for the video game industry, the ESRB also enforces industry-adopted advertising guidelines and helps ensure responsible online privacy practices among companies participating in its Privacy Online program.

We understand that sexual themes have the potential to be of concern to consumers, which is why all such content must be disclosed during the rating process. In specific regard to your question, ESRBís ratings criteria do not distinguish between heterosexual and same-sex content when it comes to addressing sexuality in games.

We hope this information is helpful, and thank you again for writing.

Best regards,
Entertainment Software Rating Board
The Pan European Game Information rating system is quite similar to the one used in the US by the ESRB. According to the PEGI, this game is rated 16+ for realistic looking violence, with sexuality not even mentioned. For more information about PEGI, check out their website here and here for all PEGI ratings related to the Old Republic line of games.

Master-Nala's Avatar


Master-Nala
01.03.2013 , 06:59 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
What most of you seem to not be able to understand is that I am not here to debate whether or not they should be in the game. I am suggesting, in my own opinion, that there are other things that should have taken precedence. There are a good number of things that could have been done that would benefit most of the people as opposed to a small fraction of the playerbase with SGRs.
That's not a suggestion. If you're suggesting that in the future they should do, X, Y and Z then you need make no reference to SGR. The fact is they are adding SGR. So feel free to campaign for whatever changes you want. Complaining about SGR now is pointless.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni & Hard-Top
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thofia

natashina's Avatar


natashina
01.03.2013 , 07:05 PM | #75
You know, if you want to campaign against SGRs, I know of advocacy groups that would love to help you. One of them likes to focus on families, so that will help you. They failed the last time, but worth a shot eh?

If you feel that strongly about it, don't sit in the forums and complain. Tell the media, tell those advocacy groups that you'd like this option removed. It does help if you get a lot of your fellow supporters against SGRs to write in though. It can't be just one or two people.

Anyhow, try that and I wish you the best of luck!

Edit: I left that suggestion because...well, it's the Suggestion Box and that was the only way I could see to assisting the OP. I wasn't trolling, I was being very serious, because I don't see anyway that this is going to be removed from the game otherwise.

Grimmig's Avatar


Grimmig
01.03.2013 , 07:05 PM | #76
Funny thing is, people preaching that SGR should take a back burner to other priorities simply refuse to acknowledge that SGR already HAS taken a back burner for over 12 months. Now the time has come (in a few / many more months) for implementation, and for all those people who have been waiting for it... I say congrats to you.
How do I get my Cartel Market issue fixed?
Ticket: 1801447312 Resolved on 1/21/2013, issue began on 12/11/2012
I can't post or reply because I let my sub lapse. I can't log a ticket in game either.
M0-T0 closes web tickets telling me to call Support, they say log a ticket in game.

RikHar's Avatar


RikHar
01.03.2013 , 07:11 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
What most of you seem to not be able to understand is that I am not here to debate whether or not they should be in the game. I am suggesting, in my own opinion, that there are other things that should have taken precedence. There are a good number of things that could have been done that would benefit most of the people as opposed to a small fraction of the playerbase with SGRs.

For some unknown reason some people here can not see this. It's only about what they want and anything else doesn't matter.

Go figure.

Altyrell's Avatar


Altyrell
01.03.2013 , 07:18 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by RikHar View Post
For some unknown reason some people here can not see this. It's only about what they want and anything else doesn't matter.

Go figure.
Which is ironic because that explains TheBBP as well as he is talking about what he wants and what everyone else wants tends to not matter to him.

DarthRamette's Avatar


DarthRamette
01.03.2013 , 07:23 PM | #79
They got what they wanted everyone else be damned and I know my reaction to this. This was what I needed BW to make my decision, thank you for the ride.

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
01.03.2013 , 08:23 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I guess that I will say it again. This is a thread based on MY opinion. I have even stated that I do not speak for everyone.
I get that. I just disagree with your opinion. If you want to just make a suggestion without having people disagree with you, there is always sending emails to the developers, and stating the reasons for unsubscribing should you choose to do so. But posting a thread on a discussion forum is going to generate discussion from multiple points of view. .
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant