Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Altyrell
01.03.2013 , 05:35 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
And what this thread is about is me disagreeing with the priority being given to a feature a small yet very vocal part of the community have been screaming for. There is plenty more that should have taken precedence.
If you've been here from the beginning, then you would've known that SGR's were going to be added to the game eventually. So it wouldn't be like, a complete and utter shock. Also, please stop saying that it is a small part of the community when you do not know for any ACTUAL Fact the size of the Community that would like SGR's added actually is. So for ALL you know, the size could actually be the MAJORITY of those that play this game.

TheBBP
01.03.2013 , 05:36 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
If you've been here from the beginning, then you would've known that SGR's were going to be added to the game eventually. So it wouldn't be like, a complete and utter shock.
IMHO it should have been on the back burner behind many much needed fixes and additions that would benefit the majority of the players rather than a small portion of them.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Altyrell
01.03.2013 , 05:43 PM | #63
IMHO it should have been on the back burner behind many much needed fixes and additions that would benefit the majority of the players rather than a small portion of them.
And yet, in my opinion it should've been in since the beginning. Also, Bug Fixes and stuff thereof are, again, a DIFFERENT Department.

Once more, for all you know the MAJORITY could actually want SGR's and YOU could be in the SMALL minority that doesn't. So, for the love of whomever you believe in, STOP saying that those that want SGR's are the Minority when you have ZERO Proof to back your statement up.

TheBBP
01.03.2013 , 05:46 PM | #64
And yet, in my opinion it should've been in since the beginning. Also, Bug Fixes and stuff thereof are, again, a DIFFERENT Department.

Once more, for all you know the MAJORITY could actually want SGR's and YOU could be in the SMALL minority that doesn't. So, for the love of whomever you believe in, STOP saying that those that want SGR's are the Minority when you have ZERO Proof to back your statement up.
You have no proof that I am wrong. So please, quit attempting to direct the manner in which I express my opinion.
Ebon Hawk

chuixupu
01.03.2013 , 05:48 PM | #65
What most of you seem to not be able to understand is that I am not here to debate whether or not they should be in the game. I am suggesting, in my own opinion, that there are other things that should have taken precedence. There are a good number of things that could have been done that would benefit most of the people as opposed to a small fraction of the playerbase with SGRs.
The thing is, you really have no way of gauging how much of the player base wants whichever features. Also, they need to keep adding different kinds of content, for all people. SGR has not been "prioritized" in any way, shape or form. If anything, it's been extremely de-prioritized for something that was promised pre-launch.

Also, they did not all sit around and decide that they need to make a big SGR update. They started created Makeb a long time ago, and they wanted it to be a major story up date. You know, for a the mmo that advertises that it's story focused, for lots of players who really want more of that content. And they are going to have some romanceable NPCs that will have flirt options for both OGR and SGR, like they should have had at launch. It's really very simple, and not the big deal everyone is making it out to be.

I'll post again what Daniel Erickson said about Makeb last July.

Quote:
One of the first things we talked about way back in the day was that we wanted to make the eternal RPG. As soon as we started wrapping up any of the core content, we started making plans for the future. We then realized that people were burning through a lot of the core content. People were playing six or seven hour game sessions, and we were like, “We have to plan out all of our Ops and all of that stuff for the next year at least.” So we did that. All of that stuff for the next few Ops that people are going to see — you know we still have to build things, but all the core writing and the dialogue and the recording — all of that was written a long time ago. Then we started saying “What’s the next planet?” We looked back at everything we did well and not as well, and we realized that the best moments of our games from a storytelling perspective were definitely the early ones when it was more focused. You had fewer quests at one time, and they were much higher quality stuff, big high quality cinematics, really deep storytelling, big choices, stuff that you really, really were involved in, were excited about, and really could keep track of what you were doing. That is Makeb. Makeb is a return to full on AAA BioWare storytelling.
And one of the things they obviously decided when they started writing Makeb quests is that it would have SGR options. It's already been done, guys. You can't really suggest that they don't do what they had planned on doing since the beginning.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

TheBBP
01.03.2013 , 05:53 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
The thing is, you really have no way of gauging how much of the player base wants whichever features.
I guess that I will say it again. This is a thread based on MY opinion. I have even stated that I do not speak for everyone.
Ebon Hawk

Lent_San
01.03.2013 , 05:54 PM | #67
You have no proof that I am wrong. So please, quit attempting to direct the manner in which I express my opinion.
Well, you're kind of outnumbered in this thread alone, aren't you? So, your suggestion is that it should have taken the back burner, which it has for a year. Now though it's coming.

Any other suggestions or was this the only one?

Altyrell
01.03.2013 , 05:54 PM | #68
And you have no proof that you are right. And there are ways you can express your opinion without insulting people. So, please stop insulting people.

TheBBP
01.03.2013 , 06:06 PM | #69
And you have no proof that you are right. And there are ways you can express your opinion without insulting people. So, please stop insulting people.
My belief that a tiny fraction of the community finds SGRs important should be in no way insulting to anyone. You are trying to turn this thread into another argument. I will not entertain you any further.
Ebon Hawk

TheBBP
01.03.2013 , 06:08 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Kristjansa View Post
There are far more important things to spend resources on than some gay alien fantasies.
This is a bit uncalled for. We knew SGRs were coming. This thread is about how absurd the importance put on them was and that I believe that more fixes or updates could have instead been done for a much larger portion of the community.
Ebon Hawk