Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Caelrie's Avatar


Caelrie
01.26.2013 , 02:39 AM | #631
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
When? Where? Show proves of that.

BW says what you want to hear. If they said "they are only a small minority portion of the player base" (copyed what the other dude said) you would be raging as hell since launch.
Here:

Quote: Originally Posted by David Gaider
We have good numbers, after all, on the number of people who actually used similar sorts of content in DAO and thus donít need to resort to anecdotal evidence to support our idea that their numbers are not insignificant
http://www.nomorelost.org/2011/03/25...it-by-bioware/

Yes, he was writing about Dragon Age at the time, but there's no reason to believe the numbers have changed in this Bioware game, since similar things were also said about SGRas in the Mass Effect games. A LOT of gamers try this kind of content.

Phyltr's Avatar


Phyltr
01.26.2013 , 04:16 AM | #632
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
From the great majority of posts, even from threads that were swiftly ripped away from the official forums. Also from several other websites talking about it, and their comments therein that I've viewed, related to the subject if SGR was a feature that was really necessary at this point. I have to say that the consciences of respectful and relevant comments didn't mind the inclusion, but, it was also mentioned that those development resources should've been put to better use for other more vital features asked for. At least the features they felt were more important for the over all improvement of the game as a whole. That makes perfectly logical sense to me. However, everyone says, not all will like a certain feature or care for it. But the vast majority do. And that is what its all about. You want specific numbers? Research is your friend.
Again, I must ask for your collected statistics. You claim a "majority" yet you resort to conjecture without any evidence to back up what you claim to be a "majority".

xorcist's Avatar


xorcist
01.26.2013 , 08:19 AM | #633
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyltr View Post
Again, I must ask for your collected statistics. You claim a "majority" yet you resort to conjecture without any evidence to back up what you claim to be a "majority".
Hahahaha no, this is not a court room. I always laugh when others demand something from someone else on here or its BS if they dont. Respectfully, if you need those numbers, you will have to do the same as I have and provide for yourself. I won't do other peoples work for them. I'm much to busy for that lol. I'm stating what I know to be true from my observations. that is all. You can accept that, or argue it with your own views. But don't ask me to do work for you.
Best regards.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
01.26.2013 , 08:45 AM | #634
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Here:


http://www.nomorelost.org/2011/03/25...it-by-bioware/

Yes, he was writing about Dragon Age at the time, but there's no reason to believe the numbers have changed in this Bioware game, since similar things were also said about SGRas in the Mass Effect games. A LOT of gamers try this kind of content.
Thank you. Finally something worth chewing on. If it was posted before and I missed it, I apologize.

However, to counter... He talks about how the number of people who chose to partake in the SGR bits of Dragon Age and Mass Effect (which I would concede as a good indicator of who would do it in TOR) being not insignificant.

First, let me be clear. It was never my intention to label anyone as insignificant. Now, that said, does he say anywhere how much of that (not insignificant) player base who chose to partake in SGRs were young males who just wanted to see some girl/girl action?

My main contention is that those who see SGRs as a necessity for this game are a very small portion of this player base. If you want to count in young males who simply want to see some girl/girl action, then that base significantly increases. Though, it could also be said that those young males would not be bent if they did not get to have their girl/girl interactions.

Therefore, the inclusion of SGRs satiates a much smaller portion of the player base than something like guild functionality and amenities would.

I will reiterate for those who do not seem to understand... I am not advocating for the removal or delay of SGRs being that they are obviously on their way. This thread is about the contention that other things should have (past tense) been prioritized ahead of them to impact the most players.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

xorcist's Avatar


xorcist
01.26.2013 , 11:24 AM | #635
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I will reiterate for those who do not seem to understand... I am not advocating for the removal or delay of SGRs being that they are obviously on their way. This thread is about the contention that other things should have (past tense) been prioritized ahead of them to impact the most players.
Exactly.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Arglaar's Avatar


Arglaar
01.26.2013 , 12:03 PM | #636
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I will reiterate for those who do not seem to understand... I am not advocating for the removal or delay of SGRs being that they are obviously on their way. This thread is about the contention that other things should have (past tense) been prioritized ahead of them to impact the most players.
And allow me to reiterate for those who do not seem to understand the other side.... The teams working on SGR are just one of MANY teams that BW has working on the game and they are NOT the teams that would be working on the things your asking for. The "Story and Lore" team would have nothing at all to do with "Guild Functionality", for example, and therefore would not slow down development of those features AT ALL.

Caelrie's Avatar


Caelrie
01.26.2013 , 12:50 PM | #637
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
First, let me be clear. It was never my intention to label anyone as insignificant. Now, that said, does he say anywhere how much of that (not insignificant) player base who chose to partake in SGRs were young males who just wanted to see some girl/girl action?
Why would he? Why you pursue the content is irrelevant.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Therefore, the inclusion of SGRs satiates a much smaller portion of the player base than something like guild functionality and amenities would.
Faulty logic. You can't separate consumers of content into multiple groups just so you can label them "real" or "fake" in order to make the groups smaller. Why they consume is completely irrelevant. A guy who just wants to see some girl/girl action is no less important or valid than a gay person who wants to see some girl/girl or guy/guy action in this context.

The ONLY reason for separating them would be to make marginalization easier.

BTW, did you read what David had to say about privilege and catering? It applies very much to what you wrote.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I will reiterate for those who do not seem to understand... I am not advocating for the removal or delay of SGRs being that they are obviously on their way. This thread is about the contention that other things should have (past tense) been prioritized ahead of them to impact the most players.
Those things have been prioritized for years. So again, I'm not sure why you're complaining.

Count_Midnite's Avatar


Count_Midnite
01.26.2013 , 03:25 PM | #638
Why is this thread still going?
People are just talking in circles. No, this isn't important for the game. Probably 30 little lines of flirt and and a couple of scenes that fade to black scene isn't a "romance story" it doesn't affect you story-wise.

But I don't think it takes a lot of resources to make this happen, I assume that "Story and Lore" writers are working on this like many others have posted. So it's not taking anything from
A. PVP Workers
B. Operations Programmers
C. Guild Functionalities workers
D. Any Bug Fixes.

Leave it be. It's a Bioware game. It's kind of Expected, but it's alas useless.

Merwanor's Avatar


Merwanor
01.26.2013 , 03:49 PM | #639
As others have said, I doubt this has taken much resources from the game development. They have probably just included it in the general dialogue. I am actually surprised it was not added to begin with, as Bioware has always had a positive stance on SGR. I find it to be a positive thing that they actually want to please what some of your call the "minority", even that is impossible to know without proper research. It is nice to know that they don't only care about Raiders and PvP players, but also those of us that care more about our characters story and our connection to these characters..

SWTOR has two things that differentiate it from other MMOs, that is story and companions, the fact that companions are completely neglected at end game is sad.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to beÖ Unnatural.

VassagoOmega's Avatar


VassagoOmega
01.26.2013 , 03:51 PM | #640
I'd rather be able to /wave while mounted. Just sayin'.
TURRIS FORTIS MIHI DEUS
Awakened to Redemption A Christian Gaming Guild