Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

planet_J's Avatar


planet_J
01.25.2013 , 03:30 PM | #621
Honestly I could care less about toons being same gender being "special friends". However, my only concern is that this bit of sillyness is holding back more class story, whichi am pretty sure everyone wants. So if it boils down to..." makeb has no class story because that time was devoted to sgr's" then I am firmly against it. Given a choice I would prefer more class story to allowing some sith warrior male to get "happy" about malavai quinn...if it's a trade off based on hours available for development.
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
01.25.2013 , 04:32 PM | #622
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyltr View Post
I'm not stating anything is, or isn't, a majority/minority, I'm simply asking someone who is claiming something is 100% true to provide their evidence to back that up. Read through all these pages, I've never once voiced a preference one way or another.

If I were to take a stance, its against people making stuff up.
I am stating my opinion. I have said several times over that I do not speak for everyone and that this is merely my opinion until someone can show me otherwise. This is not about how many people there are that think that SGRs are OK for the game. Many of the people who think that SGRs are OK for the game also would not be bothered if SGRs never made it into the game. It is about how such a small of a portion of the people that SGRs actually caters to that actually feel that SGRs are vital to the experience and that there could have been other things done instead that would benefit the vast majority of the player base.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Anglvamp's Avatar


Anglvamp
01.25.2013 , 05:02 PM | #623
Then show us some numbers and prove your point. Still not sure how that's a difficult thing to ask.

You know, actual, accredited numbers with sources.
NO one said SGR content should be at the top of the priority list, but eventually you have to get to the bottom of the list

theUndead's Avatar


theUndead
01.25.2013 , 06:03 PM | #624
Quote: Originally Posted by Anglvamp View Post
Then show us some numbers and prove your point. Still not sure how that's a difficult thing to ask.

You know, actual, accredited numbers with sources.
^This. I said it before and i will say it again you keep making the same statement over and over again about majority/minority and you divert it by saying it is "just my opinion". See the problem is that if you had said this once it would have been fine but the fact you keep saying it means you have decided it is a empirical fact. As such if you wish for people to continue to heed what you say then please actually justify your standpoint with evidence.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
01.25.2013 , 06:35 PM | #625
Quote: Originally Posted by Anglvamp View Post
Then show us some numbers and prove your point. Still not sure how that's a difficult thing to ask.

You know, actual, accredited numbers with sources.
The burden of proof is not on me. You can correct me with "accredited numbers with sources" if you like. But you can't tell me that I cannot share my opinion unless I can prove it.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Royox's Avatar


Royox
01.25.2013 , 09:47 PM | #626
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Bioware disagrees with the part I bolded and underlined.
When? Where? Show proves of that.

BW says what you want to hear. If they said "they are only a small minority portion of the player base" (copyed what the other dude said) you would be raging as hell since launch.

Anglvamp's Avatar


Anglvamp
01.25.2013 , 11:55 PM | #627
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
The burden of proof is not on me. You can correct me with "accredited numbers with sources" if you like. But you can't tell me that I cannot share my opinion unless I can prove it.
Where is it that I said you couldn't share your opinion? Did I miss something I wrote? I asked you to present the facts that you base your opinion on. You started this thread, means the burden of proof IS on you.

But if we are free to just state opinions here and not have to back them up I'll say that the vast Majority of players want SGRs and therefore it should be at the top of the priority list.

The fact is, SGRs are going to be added in Makeb, If you are hoping to have this fact changed, you need to present facts. Or was there something else you hoped to accomplish with this thread?
NO one said SGR content should be at the top of the priority list, but eventually you have to get to the bottom of the list

xorcist's Avatar


xorcist
01.26.2013 , 01:05 AM | #628
From the great majority of posts, even from threads that were swiftly ripped away from the official forums. Also from several other websites talking about it, and their comments therein that I've viewed, related to the subject if SGR was a feature that was really necessary at this point. I have to say that the consciences of respectful and relevant comments didn't mind the inclusion, but, it was also mentioned that those development resources should've been put to better use for other more vital features asked for. At least the features they felt were more important for the over all improvement of the game as a whole. That makes perfectly logical sense to me. However, everyone says, not all will like a certain feature or care for it. But the vast majority do. And that is what its all about. You want specific numbers? Research is your friend.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Nitblade's Avatar


Nitblade
01.26.2013 , 01:58 AM | #629
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyltr View Post
I'm not stating anything is, or isn't, a majority/minority, I'm simply asking someone who is claiming something is 100% true to provide their evidence to back that up. Read through all these pages, I've never once voiced a preference one way or another.

If I were to take a stance, its against people making stuff up.
That is something I agree with wholeheartedly.
I'm just tired of seeing people pulling majorities/minorities out of thin air and labeling them for gospel truth and then using the feeble deflect that it's just "an opinion". If you invoke this show me a link with factual numbers that I can see with 50%+1 or 50%-1
If you don't have it, keep that argument out of your post.
Silent Corsairs
Commando [Gunnery] 50

Bowdaar: "Mercy to a Fool brings good luck"

tXHereticXt's Avatar


tXHereticXt
01.26.2013 , 02:23 AM | #630
I think the most important thing we need to keep in mind is their story and art teams can do whatever they want. So if they can pull off SGRs while keeping all the highlights any of us can agree on, is it that bad. Must one aspect be demonized by arguing it takes away creativity on another front? How do you know this? Are you certain?